Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1450

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

R5-D4 is a bit too close to the bottom.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Tycho, I wasn't complaining (again) with my last post about not letting us vote OFF characters. I was suggesting how we may all want to collectively agree to move forward. I'll go along with whatever is decided. And I wasn't saying that I was going to vote off Padme Leather out of spite. I would probably vote against her becuase I really, really don't want the figure. She wore the outfit in just one scene. There were two people in the room so it doesn't make for much of a diorama. I mean, do we build our own little fireplace? I guess it would work if you wanted to just set all of the different figures of Padme in different outfits together. I wouldn't vote anybody's figure off out of spite. I would just vote for the figures I want the least, which happens to be Padme in Leather.

And yes, as I have said before, I like this list more than the convention list. I just have problems with how we got here, but it's fine. Like you I have grown tired of discussing it.

Anyway, I'll vote to bump 48) Reegesk the Ranat, Mos Eisley Cantina
    up the list. Hope the Tonnikas don't end up on the chopping block next time!

Make.... Figures! Not War!
    38) Rebel Flight Technician, Yavin Base
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Tycho, any chance of showing me the next poll? I know there are a few who haven't voted yet in the current poll, but I am not going to be online tomorrow and I'd like to give you my vote. Even if you don't officially start the next poll, if you could show me what the next one will approximately look like I'll give you my vote for tomorrow's poll. I should likely be online Sunday to participate in Sunday's poll. Am I correct in assuming we won't do more than a poll a day (especially over the weekend)?

Thanks, and if for some reason the next poll isn't ready to go, just put me down for Beru from Attack of the Clones in the next poll. It's a safe vote and I want to push her further up the list. (But I'd still rather see the actual poll if you have time).

Thanks!

OK, I have to take off until sometime Sunday. I'll go ahead and vote

Beru

for the next round. There isn't anyone who could be nominated to get on the list who I would want a figure of more than her and it seems out of my favorites only Beru and the Tonnikas will sink towards the bottom of the list on the next poll. I hope someone saves the Tonnikas if they are in danger!

I'll vote sometime Sunday. Please don't close voting for the poll after next before then.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    His comments have never had any kind of an effect on my choices. In fact, in many cases (if not just about all of them) I've not really cared for the figures that he's voted for. Not as much as others anyway.
    Ok. Tycho and I have actually had this argument before, while he was doing the Battle of the Machines poll tournament, I ultimately ended up asking him to minimize it and I don't think he did. Anyway, I had no intention of factoring it in here either, I was just pointing out that I actually had more stuff that was on my mind but was trying to stick to only the main points.

Ultimately, we're not carving out the ten commandments here, we're just voting on toys we'd like to see made. I'm not sure it's really worth so much concern.
    Well, like I said before, I was under the impression that I was ultimately going to have to give the results my stamp of approval that everything was on the up-and-up so they could be delivered through the appropriate Hasbro HQ channels, that's a big part of my concern. Also, on a personal level I really do like to see this sort of thing done, but only if it's done fairly. I'd love to see a tournament-style vote that whittles 200+ figures down to the top 50 in batches of 5 per tourny or something that would seem more balanced and accurately reflecting the group's votes, and I've also suggested doing a whittle-down by having people vote for their top 2 out of 10 options rather than just 1 - this isn't a king of the hill poll after all, just trying to find the top 50.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks

Well, like I said before, I was under the impression that I was ultimately going to have to give the results my stamp of approval that everything was on the up-and-up so they could be delivered through the appropriate Hasbro HQ channels, that's a big part of my concern. Also, on a personal level I really do like to see this sort of thing done, but only if it's done fairly. I'd love to see a tournament-style vote that whittles 200+ figures down to the top 50 in batches of 5 per tourny or something that would seem more balanced and accurately reflecting the group's votes, and I've also suggested doing a whittle-down by having people vote for their top 2 out of 10 options rather than just 1 - this isn't a king of the hill poll after all, just trying to find the top 50.
    I was thinking of having the 211 figures listed. We rate them 1-50. The I would volunteer to take everyones list agnd give it points like they do in College Football and sports polls. Each number one vote would get 50 points 2nd place 49 and so on down. Tally the points and list the top 50. If there is a tie for 50th, we do a run off poll of whoever is tied in the same way and score it the same way until there is only one true top 50 list.

I think that would come to a true fair and honest poll.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, I'm actually at a friend's tonight and am borrowing her internet for a moment. I don't have my rankings list with me right now, so I'll have to post the new poll tomorrow or like midnite PST assuming I go home tonight at all.

I just have some downtime while she makes dinner and I thought I'd check on what's happening here.

I can say that one participant here might run their own poll for most-wanted-figures after we finish here (by about next Friday).

I'll compare the new list we just made, side-by-side with the one we first gave to Hasbro, and then there will be plenty of time before C3 and Hasbro makes its 2006 production decisions to let someone else here do a poll of this nature, and then we can compare which figures were different, if any, between what was selected by the alternative method.

KIDHUMAN, if you were to do your style of a LIST poll from everyone, I am just glad that we've been doing THIS POLL which ID our 211 (thereabouts) choices, as the final list we create here would be a great place to start refining each of our own personal Top 50 lists off of. Otherwise the task of thinking of everyone (and somehow prioritizing them) would be overwhelming!

I'll be participating in that poll should it happen, and I'd look forward to it.

Let's finish up here over this last week though. I know there are 6 more contenders - 4 at almost the highest level!

Meanwhile, I think we're waiting for Hellboy to vote, as well.

The poll might be a page back past all this commentary (the Dorme Poll).

And tonight or tomorrow, I'll get you all up another poll.
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-13-2004 at 10:25 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    KIDHUMAN, if you were to do your style of a LIST poll from everyone, I am just glad that we've been doing THIS POLL which ID our 211 (thereabouts) choices, as the final list we create here would be a great place to start refining each of our own personal Top 50 lists off of. Otherwise the task of thinking of everyone (and somehow prioritizing them) would be overwhelming!

I'll be participating in that poll should it happen, and I'd look forward to it.

Let's finish up here over this last week though. I know there are 6 more contenders - 4 at almost the highest level!
    Sounds good Tycho. I was thinking of maybe getting other boards involved as well with the list, but that might be too much work. If people would like to do this vote speak up and I will run it and keep points.

And yes Tycho, it would be after you finish up. Next Friday, huh? I always hate when these threads come to the end.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well, I don't know if he wanted me to say anything, but DINDAE wanted to try polling for the Most-Wanted as well. I'd support his efforts and even maybe if the 2 of you could work jointly, that'd be good.

Meanwhile, I don't think Hellboy is going to be around in time on the Dorme poll, but I can put his vote in when he casts it.

Falling off the list this time but elligible for write-ins are:

Treva Horme, Cloud City Alien
    Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior

Corde, Senator Amidala's Decoy who was killed when the Senator's ship exploded in the first scenes of AOTC is our challenger this time. She is proposed as "before the blast," not extra crispy, as Hasbro will doubtfully do 'dead action figures.'

Choose the character you want to be kept on the figures-to-be-made list from:

Corde, Senator Amidala's Decoy
    12) Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    13) Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes
    14) Commander Tey How, Niemoidian with sensors in eyes and mouth
    15) Givin, Elris Helrot, Mos Eisley Cantina
    16) Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear, end of ESB
    17) Herme Odel, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace
    18) R5D4
    19) Reegesk the Ranat, Mos Eisley Cantina
    20) Rebel Flight Technician, Yavin Base
    21) CloneTrooper in red, out of armor
    22) R2-D2 Lightsaber Launcher resculpt
    23) Captain Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
    24) Torryn Farr, Hoth Echo Base
    25) M'iiyoom Onith, Nightlily from Mos Eisley Cantina
    26) Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    27) General Veers, Imperial Officer w. removeable Hoth Armor
    28) Colonel Wulf Yularen, Imperial Conference Table
    29) Advoze, Bom Vimdim, Mos Eisley Cantina
    30) Padme Black Leather Temptation
    31) Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star II Commander, Endor
    32) Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Apprentice
    33) CZ-3 from Mos Eisley Spaceport
    34) Young Owen Lars
    35) Saurin, Hrcheck Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
    36) Luke Skywalker, Rebel Medical Frigate
    37) General Tagge, Death Star Conference Table
    38) Jango Fett out of armor, Kamino Apartment
    39) Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
    40) Queen Jamilla
    41) Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba’s Palace
    42) Rep Teers
    43) Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    44) Major Bren Derlin, Hoth Echo Base
    45) Tonbuck Toora, Separatist Leader
    46) Han Solo screaming in Bespin Torture Chair
    47) Beru Whitesun, from AOTC
    48) Tonnika Sister, Mos Eisley Cantina
    49) Luke Skywalker Endor Gear
    50) Padme in her Nightgown, Kohoun Attack

I'll vote Padme in her Nightgown, Kohoun Attack. You can do a nice scene with this figure with Obi-Wan, the assassin droid, R2D2, Anakin Skywalker, Captain Typho, Dorme (if they'd make her), and maybe Zam and Jango Fett observing from afar.

Droid voted in advance for Beru Whitesun.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.