We've got about 6 polls left to finish this up. I'll be very interested to see how another poll, done a different style, will turn up the results. I think that in fact, if most of the choices on the 2 lists are similar, it will be almost overwhelming evidence for Hasbro that the figures that the 2 lists have in common are in extreme high demand and ought to be produced for the 2006 line for certain!
Falling off our current list and elligible for write-in are:
Han Solo screaming in Bespin Torture Chair
Tonnika Sister, Mos Eisley Cantina
This poll's challenger is Jedi Master Luminara Undulli, (a resculpt) The new idea for her is a non-preposed figure that might be more articulate than her 2002 edition, and one that could stand in a neutral position in Palpatine's office, versus being Arena Fight specific.
Choose the character you want to be kept on the figures-to-be-made list from:
Luminara Undulli, SA Jedi Master
12) Major Bren Derlin, Hoth Echo Base
13) Padme in her Nightgown, Kohoun Attack
14) Beru Whitesun, from AOTC
15) Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
16) Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
17) Herme Odel, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace
18) Luke Skywalker Endor Gear
19) Treva Horme, Cloud City Alien
20) Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba’s Palace
21) Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
23) Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes
24) Commander Tey How, Niemoidian with sensors in eyes and mouth
25) Givin, Elris Helrot, Mos Eisley Cantina
26) Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear, end of ESB
27) Reegesk the Ranat, Mos Eisley Cantina
28) Rebel Flight Technician, Yavin Base
29) CloneTrooper in red, out of armor
30) R2-D2 Lightsaber Launcher resculpt
31) Captain Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
32) Torryn Farr, Hoth Echo Base
33) M'iiyoom Onith, Nightlily from Mos Eisley Cantina
34) Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
35) General Veers, Imperial Officer w. removeable Hoth Armor
36) Colonel Wulf Yularen, Imperial Conference Table
37) Advoze, Bom Vimdim, Mos Eisley Cantina
38) Padme Black Leather Temptation
39) Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star II Commander, Endor
40) Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Apprentice
41) CZ-3 from Mos Eisley Spaceport
42) Young Owen Lars
43) Saurin, Hrcheck Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
44) Luke Skywalker, Rebel Medical Frigate
45) General Tagge, Death Star Conference Table
46) Jango Fett out of armor, Kamino Apartment
47) Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
48) Queen Jamilla
49) Rep Teers
50) Tonbuck Toora, Separatist Leader
This is the hardest vote I've had to make.
Luminara Undulli's resculpt would be nice, but she's not absolutely essential to that diorama of the Jedi in Palpatine's office that I couldn't live without her. But if they resculpt her, it'd only make sense to do Bariss and Kit Fisto as well - since they were all preposed. She's a good choice, but more of a b-list type.
Tonnika Sisters - may never get made even if they are on our list, but Christine Hewitt going on convention tours (supposedly) gives me hope she may relent to allowing her likeness.
Han Screaming in the torture chair - a very cool diorama centerpiece that only requires I buy extras of the coolest characters: stormtroopers, Vader, Lando, Boba Fett. I wasn't planning on doing this scene, but the torture chair prop alone might make it all worth it.
Tonbuck Toora won't make or break my Separatists diorama. Eventually I'd love to have her - a large furry mouse next to Christopher Lee? What could be taken more seriously? The humor in that statement is more than a clue as to why I want her.
Rep Teers - I'd probably buy and use 8 or more of these figures for the Gungan High Council, etc. That they wear that headpiece that almost makes them look like the Gungan version of Royal Guards, makes the Council Reps look kind of cool and forbidding for Gungans. Sort of like an executioner's mask on a Gungan. But I can do the scene without Rep Teers and clones of her (him, whatever). I have like 12 Gungan Soliders for those scenes. It's just a matter of how authentic I want the set to look. Eventually I'll want Rep Teers.
Queen Jamilla - sort of boring if you ask me, but she's absolutely essential to the scene with Anakin Outlander and perhaps (one day) Padme "Report to the Queen," with Naboo Royal Guards, Sio Bibble, R2D2, and handmaidens flanking them. Some criticize a figure like this as a "non-action" figure, and I'd agree - however if I was going to request one, wouldn't Padme in one of her elaborate or sexy costumes be cooler? Well, Jamilla's the Queen and a new character, etc. - and you can't do the scene without her. For play value? Well Naboo needs a leader. Jamilla may still be a contender for me.
Slim Aloo - I really need. I want 2 dignitaries in step with my Palpatine as his shuttle lands (I don't have room for 5 anyway) and I disliked and did not buy Kren Blista Denni (Captain Crunch), so my other "purple old dude" needs a companion.
Jango Fett out of armor - this is a cool and quaint scene in the movie when Obi-Wan and Jango are throwing words instead of laser blasts, and it really played well, acting wise. Taun We and little Boba round out the group suitable for a diorama on Kamino from this powerful scene.
General Tagge - I could care less about. What I want are generic grey-uniformed Imperial officers (who didn't make our list) but they all wear caps. Tagge doesn't, so he stands out like a sore thumb if you did an Imperial line-up with the character. I think he's generally useless, save to go with Motti - so I sympathize with those doing the conference table scene - but I'm just not one of you.
I'll vote Queen Jamilla, because I think she's the least likely to get support from anyone else and she'd likely be headed for her last chance in another round anyway.