Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Yes, I invited JabbaJohnL and a lot of new people I private-messaged including hopes that JediTricks and SirSteve would join us, as well.

Everyone can invite their friends online to join us. The more participation the better!

NOTE, NEW PEOPLE CAN GO BACK AND FILL IN THEIR VOTES ON THE OLDER Ep1: TPM POLLS

Your votes will count. We want a broad spectrum of different points of view - but we ask that you vote honestly for your most-wanted choice in every list of options.

This isn't a Hasbro Fans' Choice Poll, so we don't need to vote strategically for someone we don't think would be made otherwise. Just vote with your heart! That's the best we can ask.

Meanwhile, Sly Moore seems to have overtaken Senator Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office) in a very close contest - and new people might finally settle the Gragga-Quadrinaros-Wald tie.

So I think we should let those votes come in, and give our regulars something to hold them over with until the end of Memorial Day Weekend (provided you all don't complete voting on this round as well).

Our next choices come from AOTC from the point Padme is attacked by the cohouns, through the speederchase and the infamous Night Club. Not without possible controvery, we'll proceed up until Senator Amidala's report to the new Queen.

Club Outlander presents an interesting issue here.

I have the SW Insider Issue 75 with General Grevious on the cover. Inside is a complete guide to absolutely everyone featured in Club Outlander. There were 42 characters!

Since Coruscant has a majority-human population, many were not THAT interesting. It was to my personal tastes to not get crazy and list everybody, but just try to add unique characters to the atmosphere (but I left out those 'different ones' I felt were too cheaply concocted, too.

4 of these characters have action figures already -which helped me eliminate some choices: Elan Sleezebagno, Aay Vida, Danni Faytooni, Acyk Med-Beq. But this list could be ridiculously long, so I choose to keep the choices at around 10 characters per round, and this time I've allowed slightly more.

I thought that with 20 Mos Eisley Cantina characters, compared with only 4 Outlander ones, that half-a-dozen or so more Outlander options would be enough for now. If you don't see a character from the Outlander that you want, feel free to add a write-in candidate from the Club. Put it in bold so everyone knows it's a new choice if they're that improtant to you. Thanks. Your complaints with how I handle this section will be read and addressed. Hopefull I can please almost all.

CHOOSE YOUR MOST-WANTED CHARACTER FROM:

Pamde (nightgown from attack, also balcony scene with Anakin - removeable outer robe)
    alien aircar driver that almost hits Obi-Wan hanging on droid ("what the?!")
    Bufon Taire - Outlander Bartender (black human male, grey suit)
    Lunae Minx (Lucas' daughter as Twi'lek female)
    Tas Kee - Weequay pirate with blue hat + uniform, with Hat Lo
    Hat Lo - crime boss with collar taller than head hiding human features
    Nyrat Agira - sexy human chick with medusa spiked bruntte hair in red thong
    Immi Danoo - sexy blonde human female in short-shorts with cape
    Rosha Vess - purple haired sexy human chick with bikini top tattoos around her belly
    Necil Sing - Asian human female with beaded veil was interested in Anakin
    Daro Willits - possibly half black, half-white human male with pony-tailed dreadlocks
    Older Dug (Sebulba?) from Dexter's Diner
    Younger Dug (from Dexter's Diner)
    Hermione Bagwa (Dexter's blonde human waitress with the garter)
    Padme Amidala -refugee disguise from Outland Peasant Freighter
    Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan
    Queen Jamilla
    Sio Bibble - 10 years older
    Padme Amidala (from Senator's report to the Queen)

I deliberately left out these aliens:

Rodian female - Nardi Shodu - use Greeta in your dioramas, or vote for the Senator
    Ithorian - Ror Ithh - vote for the hammerhead senator
    Swokes Swokes - Oakie Dokes - vote for Gragga who's tied 3-way for E1 Tatooine
    Quarren - Ren-Quarr - I'll be offering Separatist Senator Tiikes soon
    Tarnab - Onyeth Carnavar - vote for the Coruscant Taxi Driver or Mot Not Rob
    Gran - Nic Whoma - vote for the Podracer Mohawnic or the Senator from Malastare

That about covers the most significant other aliens I left off from the possibilities for Club Outlander. Lucas used the same masks for these characters as the other suggestions I offered voting for. Really, how many times do you want to see Tessek's head placed on a slightly different body - or with just a slightly different cloak on? Add a Jedi Robe to Ree-Yees and make Senator Ainlee Teem. It'd be nice to have one new resculpt of another alien from each species, but let's not get carried away with it.

That's my opinion. Write-ins will be accepted if you contest the compromise I suggested.

Meanwhile, I'll be voting for Padme in her nightgown from the cohoun attack as I want to set up an awesome little scene with Obi-Wan leaping at the assassin droid by jumping through Padme's window. Padme also looked beautiful in that balcony scene "Your presence is soothing to me." So I'll go with Padme. Another main character from key movie-moment scenes (the assassination and the decision to rescue Shmi Skywalker). I can hope for more Club Outlander and Dexter's Diner aliens, (especially the "spice girls)" but they are secondary to a main character I need from a key scene.

Padme's other outfits offered here are largely dependent upon whether we have a Queen Jamilla figure to display her with - plus they were hardly the most attractive or unique things she wore during the film anyway.

Pick your favorite please!
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-29-2004 at 07:40 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I am gone for the weekend, but I got access to a computer for now. So anyway:

This one was tough! This round has three of the twelve figures I most want from Attack of the Clones.

I am not very interested in setting up the club or Dexter's Diner. I'm much more interested in Mos Eisley cantina figures if I want a bar or restaurant scene.

Queen Jamilla is a significant character and I would like a figure of her (and doubt we will ever see one), but it is not a very interesting scene. I still would like to be able to set figures out of the various rulers of Naboo.

I like Sio Bibble as a choice. It's cool to see how a character has changed over time. But in a crunch if I ever set up this scene I could use Episode I Bibble or maybe swap his head on another figure that had an outfit more like he wore in Episode II.

I also am not as interested in Padme's many outfits as a lot of you are. (Though I have voted for a Padme figure in other rounds).

No question, for me:

Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan.

There is only one other CHARACTER from Attack of the Clones that I would rather see a figure made of - who will be in a later round. She is a fascinating Jedi, and the more Jedi figures the better. She is significant on starwars.com's Ask the Jedi Council. And she is a woman Jedi, which makes her even more unique.

I really hope she wins this round! I would probably rather have her than any figure in any round so far other than Kitster and Wald!

I'm going to have to go for Nightgown Padme as well. The funny thing is I keep voting for Padme's in this poll. The only thing I'm afraid of if this figure is made, Hasbro might make a barechested Anakin having a nightmare from that group of scenes in AOTC on Naboo. And they'd probably get away with it too considering that they have access to a barechested sculpt, thanks to VOTC Luke.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Holy cow that's quite a long list. Here goes:

Padme Amidala (from Senator's report to the Queen)
    Padme Amidala -refugee disguise from Outland Peasant Freighter
    Padme (nightgown from attack, also balcony scene with Anakin - removeable outer robe) - These are nice outfits, but give me more variety of characters before I focus on fashion.

alien aircar driver that almost hits Obi-Wan hanging on droid ("what the?!") - Just not important enough to think about right now

Bufon Taire - Outlander Bartender (black human male, grey suit)
    Lunae Minx (Lucas' daughter as Twi'lek female)
    Tas Kee - Weequay pirate with blue hat + uniform, with Hat Lo
    Hat Lo - crime boss with collar taller than head hiding human features
    Nyrat Agira - sexy human chick with medusa spiked bruntte hair in red thong
    Immi Danoo - sexy blonde human female in short-shorts with cape
    Rosha Vess - purple haired sexy human chick with bikini top tattoos around her belly
    Necil Sing - Asian human female with beaded veil was interested in Anakin
    Daro Willits - possibly half black, half-white human male with pony-tailed dreadlocks
    All these figures are just garnish for the collection. Although I want to see them made, I am not more enthusastic about seeing these figures made compared to others.

Older Dug (Sebulba?) from Dexter's Diner
    Younger Dug (from Dexter's Diner)
    No thanks, make these two exclusives or pack in's or something like that.

Hermione Bagwa (Dexter's blonde human waitress with the garter)
    She looks too today for my tastes. I'd buy her just like every other figure that's new, but I have no real joy at seeing her made over others.

Sio Bibble - 10 years older - I guess I would like to have this one. I love my Sio Bibble from Episode I, but he will not win this poll for me.

Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan - Oh yeah baby, she's the one. Those wrinkles, her smug tact. Bring it on momma!

Queen Jamilla - That paint, those fake jestures at attaining Grace, she generates allot of excitement too.......

But she still has paint all over her face. I'll have to go with Jocasta Nu, with Jamilla a very close second!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Though choice between Padme (nightgown), Padme (refugee), & Jocasta Nu. Don't really care about the generic Outlander and Dex aliens.

Padme in a nightgown...What more needs to be said? Seriously though, she'd be a really cool figure to include in a bedroom/apartment playset, with a break away window. And that way, the crappy Coruscant Obi-Wan would have a use!
    Padme (refugee) would almost certainly need a refugee Anakin, so unless they were in the same wave (or close to the same wave) I'll have to say no on the refugee.
    Although you can never have enough Padme's, Jocasta Nu did have a signficant, albeit brief, role. She could come with a bust or two of one of the lost Jedi.

Jocasta Nu gets the vote.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

This is another tough one. There are actually a couple nightclub figures I wouldn't mind seeing. Jocastu Nu is a great choice as well, and the perfect kind of character for someone to offer as a mail in exclusive.

Again, I'm going with Padmé. As much as I like the idea of a Padmé with a removable gown--out robe, that is I'm voting for Padmé - Outland Peasant Freighter disguise Of course, those peasants have nicer clothes than I do. Makes you wonder what the rich people wear.

Dayum. I would love to see Sio Bibble just because so many missed him in Ep1. My vote goes to Jocasta Nu
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Wow, even when this thread is moving slow, it's moving fast! Great job, Tycho! Ok, I missed the last round so I'm casting my vote for Padme (Palpatine's Office) - This was a tough one. I'd love to see a normal posed Barriss and Luminara (hopefully we will in the E3 line). A regular uniform Captain Typho would be great too.

Anyhow...for this round it's a tough call between Jocasta Nu, Padme Refugee and Queen Jamilla. I've voted for way too many Padme's though, so I'm gonna go with Queen Jamilla I would love to see Jocasta too though, especially if she came with eitehr her young jedi helper or an archive computer accessory or even a bust of Count Dooku.

Over all I thought the characters in the outlander club were lame. It looked like a Star Trek set. I think I'm going to vote for Queen Jamila this time with Jocasta Nu second and honorable mention to Lucas's daughter. I figure we could get the whol family in plastic.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Usually I'd vote for a secondary unproduced character before a main character in a different costume but none of these guys really interest me so I'll go with Padme: Outland Peasant Disguise this round.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”