Page 118 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1450

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

OK guys, the official final results are posted above.

It took some time to edit it right so you guys could do the comparisons.

You have no idea how many hours it took to get everything counted and posted right.

I want to hear what everyone thinks now!

Post away!

This is the post location that I want you to see (to evaluate our process with)
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-20-2004 at 10:04 PM.

Excellent. Awesome list. I can't wait to compare it to the next one. Tycho, thanks for the fun and hard work you put into this.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

OK, now I'm sort of looking to have anyone who does not agree with the results, speak up.

Hopefully, that's no one. The results were very carefully voted on and calculated with the best method I could devise.

Anyway, to continue with the discussion,

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    First off, Tycho your shakespeare comment scares me, and I really wonder if anybody else sees it that way because to me it came off so forced, dry, hollow, and Dawson's Creek-y. Care to start an Ep 2 thread about it and see who else caught it that way?
    Maybe much later or tomorrow. I'm exhausted. But if you already started one, please let me know. Otherwise, I'm happy to start it once I can think of what to title it.

I dunno when I'd start the first official poll, I'd need some help setting up the format, the listings, and stuff like that. Whatever data you can provide would be of particular assistance. I would like to get those polls started on a work day, even if we're doing 2 polls a week for this. I haven't seen a lot of interest here, but I am still giving it a lot of thought.
    The work I can do to help you is posted in this thread. There is a post of YOURS in which you cover what you would buy out of all our choices, and that is one of the best ways to get a complete listing of the 211 +/- figures there are to work with. Stass Allie has been made in the Council 3-pack since then, we totally forgot the freighter droid with 6 arms, and Hobbie and Janson, and no doubt others - though they were not popular enough to make this poll's list even.

On your "list 10" poll, I figured the data was already in and I was giving this thread more attention like I said I would last night, so I tried to do it but ran into a problem, my interest level on even the ones I had voted for gave me a hard time, so I only found 6 that stood out for me to put on my list in the first pass and had to make a second pass just to scrape up 10:
    Well, Kidhuman is going to try a Top 50 poll in a different manner - plain listing and then doing all the calculations and averages after we send them his way (a lot more math that I avoided with my method)

Note: Kidhuman is about to go crazy. Please chip in to start a fund for his psychiatric care.

JediTricks can have a room in the same facility when he's ready to go in another month or so....

Well JT, when you list your figures (a Top 50 Most Wanted List by JediTricks) I will be very interested to see what you put down. For sure we have VERY different tastes.

In a little bit after people have had time to comment on the list comparisons, I will post just our list so that everyone can "number" how many they would buy from our Top 50 here, and how many they would not.

Actually, I'll do that shortly, so don't start. I did all the copy-editing already, so I just want to spare everyone else the pain-in-the-butt trouble it is to just separate the new list from the old on the comparison post.

Moreover, I have a problem deciding what order they should be in
    I simply used "what I needed most for my dioramas" as my criteria.

I used the same method to get my personal Top 50 list ready for Kidhuman's / Dindae's poll.

I picked the figures that I just couldn't do the scene without (lot of Padmes, etc.) and then the figures that I would buy the most of (handmaidens, Arconas, etc. and then just what would be cool to use in new scenes I could start (the medical frigate at the end of ESB for example).

I collect with a very different purpose in mind than you do, JT.

Tycho, on your list of those removed, the only one I had initially shown interest in is Dooku Softgoods (I showed tepid interest in Padme Refugee disguise and LLTA interest in Dooku's pilot droid, but those don't count ). By contrast, there are 3 that I was interested in added, Luke frigate, Reb flight tech, and Ani Ep 2 Jedi robes.
    That's great news! That means my system worked and the results that came out of it pleased you (even if you were confused or still dislike the method).

JediTricks, your comments on the comparison lists are really the final judgemet on how worthy the new list is.

I just figure that anything that is not on that list now, with all the write-in opportunities any character should have, does not deserve to be there and they'd had a REALLY fair chance to have a go at it.

Geez dude, that's a few minutes shy of 24 hours, not exactly a lot of time to respond. Last night I was dead tired when I got here, and today I've been working up to this post since 6pm, if that's my situation what about other folks who don't even visit the forums once a day?
    All I can say is that since this thread's inception, those that really cared came here twice a day at least. The dozen or so participants we had at the end were very steady through the process.

Should people have to check a thread like this all day long?

Well if you look at it from SirSteve's point of view, it's great to show advertisers are site traffic! These good threads as well as the Rancor Pit must have had a huge impact on daily independent hits for SSG.com

But selling Steve's advertisers was not my motive. Making the list was.

I *think* he's still working on its formatting here, the data he has is in a different format that I believe requires multiple spacing which HTML doesn't generally work with.
    You are so right! I had to preview the list post like 4-5 times, but fortunately I am experienced enough with posting here that it didn't take more trials and errors. I went in with a strategy, then just had to clean up the results.

This poll was probably harder than The SSG Battle of the Machines poll or any of the Cantina, Jabba, or Collector Ethics polls I did for the site before. With the Machines' picture editing, I suppose they were equal. But that's the reason why I didn't put pictures into this poll. It'd have driven me crazy.

PlasticFetish did a great job with finding pics for many of the threads and I want to thank him.

I want to thank all of you for believing - you stuck through this poll through difficult times and many differences of opinions and I'm hoping that later polls will show us for certain that we made a great product here.

There will be a few more discussion points in this thread, including a "what I'd buy" and "how satisfied are you with the list?" survey (same thing).

Everyone stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Stick around Deoxy-clean, a new poll will be posted Sunday.
    Heck yeah babaaay...I look forward to your poll!!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho

Well, Kidhuman is going to try a Top 50 poll in a different manner - plain listing and then doing all the calculations and averages after we send them his way (a lot more math that I avoided with my method)

Note: Kidhuman is about to go crazy. Please chip in to start a fund for his psychiatric care.
    I love me some math Tycho. I love playing with numbers and such. I wont go crazy, it will keep me on top of the game that way.

But you can start a fund for me anyway. I could use some new figures.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I thought I'd put up the Final List and what I'd buy from it.

You all may follow suit, so we can see how well we all did with this:

I'd buy this many of these figures

7 Hem Dazon
    2 General Veers
    2 Herme Odel
    3 Beru Whitesun
    2 Cliegg Lars
    0 Lando Smuggler (maybe 1, it's a cool idea)
    3 CZ-3
    13 Padme Handmaiden
    1 Yarna dal Gargon
    2 Tey How
    2 Moff Jerjerrod
    2 Rebel Flight Tech
    0 R5D4 (however, they can use the mold to make different colors)
    1 General Tagge
    0 R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher
    3 Bom Vimdim, Cantina
    1 Queen Jamilla
    1 Han Bespin Torture
    2 Daultry Dofine
    1 Colonel Wulf Yularen
    1 Torryn Far
    3 Owen Lars AOTC
    1 M'iiyoom Onith
    1 Jango Fett, out of armor
    1 Jocasta Nu
    1 Luke Endor Gear
    5 Saurin, Hrchek Kal Fas
    4 Ben Quadrinaros
    2 Tonnika Sister Cantina
    3 Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    1 Wioslea
    3 Reegesk, Ranat
    1 R2D2 Shield Bunker
    3 Givin, Elris Helrot
    2 Padme Senator
    3 Queen Purple Dress
    5 Anakin Jedi Robes
    2 Major Derlin
    1 Luke Medical Frigate
    6 Clone Trooper, red jumpsuit
    2 Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    6 Rep Teers, Gungan Council
    2 Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace
    5 Klaatu (Woof)
    1 Biggs Darklighter Academy
    3 Treva Horme, Cloud City
    1 Slim Aloo, Imp Dignitary
    2 black Bespin Guard
    3 Mother Ewok w. baby
    6 Tonbuck Toora

That's 128 purchases out of 50 figures for Hasbro if they made these.

Or $640 I'd spend before tax on these figures if everything on this list got produced.

I buy figures to fill the needs in my dioramas and in case some of you don't know, I'm displaying photos of all my dioramas in this thread here.
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-21-2004 at 12:51 AM.

Nice work Tycho, overall I think the figures on the final list represent the choices of those who participated in the polls very well. I know you put a ton of effort into running this thread and even though your methods weren't always understood by some of us you took the criticism well and remained open minded throughout the process. I'm glad I participated, and bottom line it was a blast, thanks.

It'll be very interesting to see if the rankings of the top 50 will change once KH's method is applied. Speaking of that, I'd love to participate in any new polls/lists but unfortunately I will be out of town on vacation and offline after tomorrow. I'll be back Friday so if anything gets started before then I'll just jump on then if possible, if not I'll enjoy reading how things turned out.

As for what figures I'd buy off of our final list, probably all of them, as long as they were quality pieces. I'd most likely buy multiples of the troop builder type figures as well.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I must say I had a lot of fun with this poll. Congrats Tycho (you can sleep now). While the top 50 I'm pretty comfortable with I was suprised at a couple of things. I didn't expect Yarna to fall much or Beru to go so high (even though she is higher on my list.... maybe I've warped your minds ). I also realized that over the length of the poll my feelings toward some figures ebb and flow like the tide. So apart from a few figures that I really really want. The figure that got my vote one day may not have gotten it the next. Hopefully you will all participate in KH and my poll. JediTricks if would like to pick my brain on your poll let me know.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Dindae, you noted a very true point: the extreme movement of some characters on our list.

THE BIG WINNERS WERE:

General Veers went from #23 to No. 2 ! I want Veers myself, but didn't see that coming - him beating Herme Odle, Yarna dal Gargon, and Padme Handmaiden. It's a great thing that there are strong rumors of Hasbro doing the General. Man he's in demand!

CZ-3, Deoxy's favorite droid went from #29 to No. 7 ! A top 10 climb by a character that originally went down to Wioslea, who came out #31!

Herme Odle, while not surprising he made the Top 10 and got the No. 3 spot, he beat Yarna dal Gargon who had shut him out so bad before that Herme was # 34 originally.

Bom Vimdim, are surprisingly biggest gainer from the Mos Eisley Cantina faired way better than the Tonnika Sisters (#29) by Vimdim's going from #37 to No. 16! Of course Hem Dazon is another story altogether....

R5D4 while having struggled as a write-in once in a while, R5 settled at #13 while having been #38 and fallen off the list several times.

The Saurin did well #40 to No. 27.

Ben Quadrinaros (our only podracer to make the list) went from #43 to No. 28.

M'iiyoom Onith did 44 to 23.

But the Niemoidians rise to power was faster than you could say "Phantom Menace" and Tey How went from # 49 to No. 10! (largely thanks to BattleDroid). Daultry Dofine had only a slightly lesser accomplishment of going from 48 to No. 19.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Queen in Purple Return to Naboo Gown took a huge plummet: #3 to No. 36.

Black Bespin Security #7 to No. 48.

R2D2 Shield Bunker Damage #8 to No. 33.

Mother Ewok and Baby Wokling went from #9 to No. 49!!! But the Ewoks stayed on the list.

Others taking a dive were Jocasta Nu, Wioslea, Padme as a Senator, Jango Fett out of armor, Imperial Dignitary, Luke Skywalker in Endor Gear.

Yarna dal Gargon and Padme Handmaiden were obviously not destined to be our No.1 and No.2 picks, but they were originally very accurately assigned to the Top 10 as they managed to stay there throughout it all.

I mean they couldn't move and had secure positions through everything but our last placement poll, but that's when Black Bespin Security took a 41-slot dive, so the same thing could have happened to Padme and Yarna, but they had very strong staying power.

Overall, the write-off and the placement poll were very successful, as were the write-ins on the challenge polls. It really made people make tough choices and fight for their favorites to the bitter end, strategically voting to try to keep their favorites on - choosing between hard choices: "only one or the other" - like when I had to pick my favorite Padme.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

These characters challenged, but never stayed on our list:

Wald
    Kitster
    Ann / Tan Gella
    Naboo Clergyman
    Han Solo Yavin Ceremony
    Luke Skywalker Mos Eisley Poncho
    The Ice Cream Maker Guy
    Ugnaught (a new sculpt)
    Padme Arena Battle (resculpt)
    Kaminoan Civilian
    Padme Black Leather Temptation
    Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise (a carded figure)
    Luke Stormtrooper Disguise (a resculpt)
    Red Leader (resculpt)
    Green R2 Astromech
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in Red
    Dorme
    Obi-Wan Kenobi in Jedi Robes (I was really surprised he failed to get on)
    Corde
    Luminara Undulli (resculpt)
    Hobbie (Derek Klivian) - Rogue Squadron
    Han Solo Endor Gear (resculpt)
    Luke Skywalker Death Star II Duel (the Endor version we voted on gives us this)
    Captain Panaka Softgoods
    Queen Black Travel Gown (softgoods)
    Sei Teria (Chancellor Valorum's aide)
    black Coruscant Senate Guard

Of course, our challenge polls added some of our best on the list:

Major Bren Derlin
    Rebel Flight Tech Yavin Base)
    Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform
    Torryn Farr, Hoth Echo Base
    Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace
    Luke Skywalker, Medical Frigate
    R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher
    Queen Jamilla
    Rep Teers, Gungan Council
    Tonbuck Toora, Separatist Leader
    Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Robes
    Beru Whitesun
    Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior

Though I wonder about Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi Robes (AOTC), we did a very good job at sorting this out.

Many of the figures that failed to challenge were high-demand resculpts that just weren't demanded more than our Top 50 of mostly (never-made-befores).

Hem Dazon the Arcona, proved unquestioningly the Most Demanded Figure Not Made of All Time due to his broad appeal to all of us and his successful fight to be No.1 !

It is noteworthy how well the Lars family did, especially with Beru being a late write-in and rising all the way to the Top 10.
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-21-2004 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Hem Dazon the Arcona, proved unquestioningly the Most Demanded Figure Not Made of All Time due to his broad appeal to all of us and his successful fight to be No.1 !

It is noteworthy how well the Lars family did, especially with Beru being a late write-in and rising all the way to the Top 10.
    Congratulations to Hem Dazon! I have to say that personally, I didn't really participate here because the flurry of alien names requires doing a search everytime for a picture. The same holds true for Hem. But he's definitely got a cool look and the cantina diorama will always be awaiting his presence. If Hasbro ever does go ahead to make this guy, I hope they don't screw up the eyes with sloppy yellow paint. They need to be truly glassy lest the whole point of making him is lost.