Page 125 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 1450

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

If they give us the AT-AT Driver already released and call him Veers, the answer is a very big NO!

If they do something like they did with Red Leader, where no attempt is made to make a figure based on the actor, I would also say NO!

If they give us a Veers, that looks like the actor, in his Imperial uniform but not as at AT-AT commander, than I say reluctantly yes.

If they give us a Veers in his AT-AT commander uniform, and it is a sculpt attempting to look like the actor, but he is not in his Imperial uniform, I would give another reluctant yes.

Tycho, between the Yellow Clone Commader and Evolutions Anakin I fear we are heading down an annoying and expensive road, where Hasbro gives us what we want, but either in a really terrible sculpt or only if you buy ten things you already have or don't want.

I can just see it now, coming soon:

Hem Dazon with Greedo, Han, Hammerhead, and Sandtrooper.
    One Blue Clonetrooper with four white Clonetroopers
    Superarticulated Death Star II Luke with red lightsaber permanently sculpted
    into his hand
    Same old Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guard, Holographic Luke, still yellow Oola and Yarna

Then we'll complain the figures were either poorly sculpted or had too many other figures we had to buy and Hasbro will claim, "Boy, you collectors can not be pleased. Maybe we won't make these figures you claim you want, because once we make them you don't buy them."

According to the same website that reported the Hoth set in the first place:

The Veers is going to be a reissue of the prior AT-AT Commander, with a paint retooling, but this time called Veers. Reissued Probot. Two POTF2 Snowtroopers. The POTF2 Snowtrooper with cannon, because I don't have enought of those I guess. NO THANKS

They are also going to release a Diamond exclusive of Vader and the six bounty hunters. No new sculpts (not that I want any new sclupts). Saga Bossk IG-88, and Dengar. 300th Fett. POTF2 4-LOM and Zuckuss. I guess it will be nice for those who want 4-LOM and Zuckuss. I have them and I will pass.

The one I will buy is Anakin (reissue of #2), a Clone Pilot, and three blue Clonetroopers (#6) 5-pack. Of course, I would have bought two packs if it had just been five blue Clonetroopers. As it is, I will buy one of the pack.

Droid, it's all about the market.

Yarna dal Gargon, if made in numbers like ROTS Mon Mothma, will seriously pegwarm. If she's added to the set you sarcastically suggested:
    Same old Bib Fortuna, Gamorrean Guard, Holographic Luke, still yellow Oola and Yarna
    Hasbro might be able to justify the cost in producing her.

That's not actually a bad set:

Gamorrean's an army-builder
    Twi'lek girls can be used even in scenes like the Coruscant Opera
    Bib Fortuna is never readily available, even if the sculpt could be improved
    Luke Hologram was hard to find in the first place (well I turned it down myself)

and Yarna we want.

She'd have to come off the list then.

Hasbro would figure those of us that have the other figures will buy the set just to get Yarna.

Hasbro will figure newbies, from ROTS collecting on (in other words, first figures in 2005), would also love this set from Jabba's Palace.

As to Veers? Well we aren't getting close to what we wanted. Yarna in your example above is an all-new sculpt. Veers is repackaged stuff when I already pointed out they have the tooling to make a decent Veers with only a new headsculpt:

ROTS Tarkin body
    +
    AT-ST Driver helmet (Han AT-ST disguise)
    +
    NEW - Hoth chest plate armor molding
    +
    NEW Julian Glover headsculpt
    -------------------------------------
    = General Veers we voted for as we'd want him

Most of our list "Scene-By-Scene Most Wanted" scrapes the bottom of the barrel. They're almost all going to require brand new sculpts and tooling (i.e. Arcona). Veers is such a basic figure for them to make, we don't have to count the AT-AT Commander's re-release in this manner. I'll bring it up to Hasbro (politely).

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    If they give us the AT-AT Driver already released and call him Veers, the answer is a very big NO!

If they do something like they did with Red Leader, where no attempt is made to make a figure based on the actor, I would also say NO!

If they give us a Veers, that looks like the actor, in his Imperial uniform but not as at AT-AT commander, than I say reluctantly yes.

If they give us a Veers in his AT-AT commander uniform, and it is a sculpt attempting to look like the actor, but he is not in his Imperial uniform, I would give another reluctant yes.
    I agree with the above. But since it is supposedly a repack definately keep it on. I don't think any figures on our list will be an easy repaint fix. As far as how a figure gets made, if it takes a five pack of mostly repacks to get me my top 10 then so be it. I know most of the figures I want are not going to fly off the pegs so I wouldn't mind paying the extra bucks so they get done. This is not to say I like that senario but if it gets me the figures I want I will accept it.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Yarna dal Gargon, if made in numbers like ROTS Mon Mothma, will seriously pegwarm. If she's added to the set you sarcastically suggested: Hasbro might be able to justify the cost in producing her.
    Yes, I was being sarcastic when I suggested:

Hem Dazon with Greedo, Han, Hammerhead, and Sandtrooper.
    One Blue Clonetrooper with four white Clonetroopers
    Superarticulated Death Star II Luke with red lightsaber permanently sculpted
    into his hand

But ya know what? I'd buy all of them but the Luke with the red lightsaber. I just don't like it, not one bit. I shouldn't have to buy four figures I have to get one I want.

Hem Dazon would not pegwarm anymore than Feltiperm Trevagg or Myo would (and they didn't in my area).

There is no reason we can't just have the yellow Clone and Blue Clone super-articulated on a regular card. They'd fly out of the store and would sell more than some of the other clones they already released.

If they are so concerned about Yarna not selling, make her an exclusive. Or package her with Saga Jabba, Jabba's throne, and a Salacious Crumb that can sit on the throne properly. Maybe a Leia that can sit on the throne properly. Gamorreans that can hold pikes not axes. Hermi Odle. Jabba's Palace Klaatu. Sgt. Doallyn. The generic guard who shot Luke. A resculpted Bib Fortuna. Just pack some combination of these figures together. They wouldn't be able to keep them in stores.

I just hope they make the figures on our top fifty list well, even if I have to buy other figures. But I reserve my right to complain!

And I have serious concerns we won't see a good Veers now for a long time, if ever, because in Hasbro's mind, they will have just released Veers. Same thing with Red Leader. If they aren't going to do a figure right I'd rather they'd wait until the time is right to do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    If they aren't going to do a figure right I'd rather they'd wait until the time is right to do it properly.
    Amen to that!
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Rebelscum posted this:

As officially announced yesterday, the Saga Collection will focus on characters from across the entire Star Wars saga, and include all 6 films in the series.

Each wave of action figures will be focused on a classic battle, and include the iconic characters. Look for 56 figures, split into 8 waves, and as an added bonus, each figure will inlcude a bonus holographic mini figure. The waves are as follows:

Battle of Carkoon from Episode VI will include 6 figures
    Battle of Hoth from Episode V will include 8 figures
    Battle of Coruscant from Episode III will include 6 figures
    Battle of Geonosis from Episode II will include 7 figures
    Battle of Tatooine from Episode IV will include 7 figures
    Battle of Endor from Episode VI will include 8 figures
    Battle of Naboo from Episode I will include 8 figures
    Battle of Death Star from Episode IV will include 6 figures
    Looking at our list and our knowledge of the first 6 figures from the Carkoon wave, it doesn't look good for Jabbas. We're getting:

Leia Boussh
    Han Carbonite
    Bib Fortuna
    Barada
    Boba Fett
    Chewie in Chains

We asked for:

Herme Odel
    Yarna dal Gargon
    R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher
    Sgt. Doallyn
    Woof (vintage Klaatu)

5 was it, but many of us here had sought a new Leia Boussh more than anything else Hasbro is offering.

But we knew the core characters (Han, Luke, Leia, Chewie, Vader, Trooper, R2, C-3PO, Obi-Wan, Lando, Yoda, Palpatine, etc. would have to show up as the lack of Anakin figures amongst the E3 figures now, has severely slowed down the turnover and "accessorizing of Anakin" with other figures the purchase of a core character might prompt.

Anyway, I just thought to put it out for the record, if we got our way...

Battle of Hoth from Episode V will include 8 figures - not all of these are Hoth, but it is the ONLY Empire Strikes Back wave for 2006. (2004 saw Bespin and Dagobah, so...)

General Veers - Imperial leader - AND HOTH
    Lando Smuggler - Core Character
    Han Bespin Torture - Core Character
    Torynn Farr - Rebel - ALSO HOTH
    Major Derlin - Rebel leader - DEFINITELY HOTH
    Luke Medical Frigate - Core Character - could be HOTH, (see Wampa recovery)
    Treva Horme - alien (but Cloud City)
    Black Bespin Guard - vintage needing re-doing for modern line.

What we may also see is Janson, Hobbie, and (would be nice) a Hoth Rebel Solider that replaces the vintage "deck officer" or whichever the vested trooper resembled.

Battle of Coruscant from Episode III will include 6 figures

I'll deal with this in our ROTS forum where we made a similar thread to cover that movie. This thread is for the other 5.

Battle of Geonosis from Episode II will include 7 figures

What the heck? Geonosis is so darn well covered??? We wanted some E2 figures, but not that many were close to being from Geonosis!

We wanted:

Beru
    Cliegg
    Queen Jamilla
    Owen
    Jango Fett out of armor (Kamino apartment)
    Jocasta Nu
    Padme as a Senator
    Anakin in relaxed Jedi Robes (this might be possible for Geonosis)
    Clone Trooper red jumpsuit (Kamino)
    Tonbuck Toora - FROM GEONOSIS - we could only hope...
    Padme in her black leather temptress dress

My guess is that Anakin as a padawan, Obi-Wan, Dooku, maybe Yoda, Jango Fett, and maybe a Battle Droid will see release here. Figures that came close to getting on our list that would be cooler included Baltar Swan and Sora Bulq. As they repainted Passel Argente and Shu Mai, we could be in for them carding Poggle the Lesser, etc. too Looking at our list, Geonosis was the LAST planet from AOTC that they needed to make figures from. Kamino, Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo - all would have been better choices.

Battle of Tatooine from Episode IV will include 7 figures

We're pretty sure we're going to get a Sandtrooper and a Tonnika Sister. We wanted the Tonnika Sister. There's no battle of Tatooine, but it goes with their theme name, so...

We wanted:

Hem Dazon
    CZ-3
    R5-D4
    Bom Vimdim
    Miiyoom Onith
    Saurin
    Tonnika Sister (pretty good chance here)
    Wioslea
    Reegesk
    Givin Elris Helrot
    Biggs Darklighter in Academy Uniform

So with the Sandtrooper and Tonnika Sister, there's only 5 more to choose from. I'd bet that perhaps Biggs could get made as an oddity if they are making his head for an X-wing pilot outfit as well. Another cantina alien is likley and Hem Dazon is at the top of the list. As to the core characters, they already have a Chewie, Han is only one, and Obi-Wan could be released again here, but that's still only 2. Our chances at getting good figures look good here. Luke Tatooine, plus Han and Obi-Wan still leave 2 more characters for this wave. Unless the Jawa and Tusken return, we could get somewhere on aliens or sandcrawler droids. Here's to hoping. I think this might be a great wave!

Battle of Endor from Episode VI will include 8 figures

We wanted:

Moff Jerjerrod
    Luke Endor Gear
    Keeolkeech
    R2D2 Shield Bunker blasted
    Chief Chirpa
    Slim Aloo (vintage Imperial dignitary)
    Mother Ewok with Wokling

This is only 7 from Endor. I think our chances are great. Luke and probably Leia Endor are no-brainers if they go here. That's ok. Leia was close to getting on our list and is highly wanted anyway. EWOKS have to be coming. Hasbro was suggestive that Chief Chirpa might be important enough to finally see plastic. Wicket and Han Endor might make us wary of resculpts that are less than exciting. Bikerscouts always sell, so don't be surprised. Endor soldiers? Maybe. They've done a lot. C-3PO in the litter chair? It could be a good way to get Threepio out there again. So there could be the seven I was just discussing, obviously 2 were from our list. This wave could have something to get excited about. R2D2 Shield Bunker blaster could also be a popular no-brainer for them though, so maybe 3 or more? Jerjerrod will see light of day if no other Imperial Officers are being offered on the cards more or less. That is, he will, if Veers won't. Something like that. Hopefully I'm wrong and we could get both. The best chance is that we get neither. Grrrrrr.

Battle of Naboo from Episode I will include 8 figures

What the heck? 8?

We asked for:

Padme Handmaiden (which we removed from the list because Rabe was made)
    Tey How (possible)
    Daultay Dofine (possible)
    Ben Quadrinaros (wrong planet)
    Rep Teers (possible)

So there's only 4 we want from all of TPM. 8???

Let's look at main characters and main army builders:

Padme? Anakin (kid?) Qui-Gon - I could see this - since this is the only TPM wave, we're definitely going to see Qui-Gon or I'll be surprised. Obi-Wan ? (likely, since we haven't had a young Obi-Wan in a while). Darth Maul? Likely - as they want to get him back out there. Darth Sidious Hologram? Hmmm. There's an exclusive but it has an action feature. Would they do 2 so we'd get a good one? I wouldn't mind that. Battle Droids, Destroyers, Gungans? Likely. JarJarBinks? Likely - JarJar is not out there in any form right now - but an E3 version or his other outfit from AOTC would be more appreciated (is that the right word?) So I'd say 3 are clearly Maul, Qui-Gon, and JarJar...likely a droid would come out here. Padme and Anakin would be 5,6 and Obi-Wan could be 7, a Gungan Warrior 8. We might get nothing here. Our choices are pretty obscure - and there's no way we'll get BOTH Niemoidians the same year!

Battle of Death Star from Episode IV will include 6 figures

We asked for

Rebel Flight Tech
    Commander Tagge
    Col. Wolf Yularen

We might get a Rebel Flight Tech in place of a Rebel Soldier as they once planned that as a Deluxe Pack anyway. Han Ceremony? Luke X-wing I'd bet. TIE Pilot again? Stormtroopers are a no-brainer. Leia in the white dress again? Or Leia Ceremony resculpted or re-released again? R2 with X-wing battle damage? Darth Vader could make it back on the racks here better than any other wave unless he came with the Endor wave - but you have to have a Vader figure, so... We might get the flight tech - that's it. If they made Biggs in his academy uniform, and with Wedge coming out carded as an exclusive, maybe we'd see a Darklighter with removeable helmet. In any case, this wave is not likely to be anything special. Get your astromechs in Entertainment Earth's deluxe 5 packs. There's more excitement over there.

Best waves?

Coruscant (E3 - see the other thread)
    Tatooine (very likely the best wave)
    Endor (could be a great runner-up)

Worst? Most of the other ones in no particular order - but Carkoon, Geonosis, Naboo, and the Death Star might be very dull or even infuriating.

Will 2006 be good for collectors like those of us who voted here?

NO!

Tycho, any progress of either of our lists will be great. I think yes it is for collectors, but they also have to try and snag noobs into collectiong at the same time. I am damn happy and say YES for us collectors.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Battle of Hoth from Episode V will include 8 figures - not all of these are Hoth, but it is the ONLY Empire Strikes Back wave for 2006. (2004 saw Bespin and Dagobah, so...)

General Veers - Imperial leader - AND HOTH

Major Derlin - Rebel leader - DEFINITELY HOTH

Alright! Surprise! Surprise! (Thank you, Darryl DePriest)

And the Power Droid (Echo Base) looks awesome as well. I'll definitely pick one of those up!

Tycho's want list 2006 expands:

1 Gonk
    1 Veers
    1 Derlin

They're really make Veers and Derlin???? - where was this announced????

ps - glad to see you working the list again Tycho!
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy