Page 13 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

SithKiller missed this poll, and since most of you have it set up to display 20 posts per page, I figured this'd be good to have at the top of page 7.

This is the latest list people are voting on as of May 30, 2004.

New people are welcome to post their back-votes for early polls.

Meanwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    This list follows Padme through her visit home and the budding romance with Anakin, while Obi-Wan explores Kamino.

Choose your most wanted character from:

Padme at her parents' house (deleted scene, blue dress, midriff showing)
    Jobal Naberrie (Padme's mother- deleted scene)
    Padme's father (deleted scene)
    Padme's Sister (deleted scene)
    Either of Padme's nieces (deleted scene)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (wet, hood up in shell cloak, SA in 2nd Jedi robe underneathe)
    Kaminoan civilian
    Padme Amidala (backless dress from first kiss on balcony "here everything is soft")
    Clone Kid (more articulate "this group was created 5 years ago")
    Adult Clone (in red jumpsuit shown eating, training "obeying any command")
    Padme Amidala (yellow see-through dress from picnic by the waterfalls)
    Padme Amidala (black leather temptation dress from fireside talk)
    Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation)

I wonder who you will choose?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'd buy them all, but since I have to choose one. Black leather Padme. A pretty crucial scene in the movie so I see the figure as a priority.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Well, my vote goes to:

(Too many Padme' choices to think straight...JK)
    May the force be with you.

I am going to throw a vote on Kitster and another one on Padme in yellow dress . The other old ones...I am not going to vote on those. I will try to keep up!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

These are all interesting figures but I'd rather see hardcore film figures. I think of these as Special Edition stuff. Give me the core characters in the movie first before these.

Obi-Wan Kenobi (wet, hood up in shell cloak, SA in 2nd Jedi robe underneathe) - How about an Obi Wan in just a jedi cloak with a nuetral pose. I don't really care if he's wet or not!

Kaminoan civilian - This figure would just be more garnish for my collection. Give me other stuff first.

Clone Kid (more articulate "this group was created 5 years ago") - Actually I'm happy with the one I have right now. Sure his legs don't move, but that's not really a big deal for me. He looks good standing.

Padme Amidala (backless dress from first kiss on balcony "here everything is soft")
    Padme Amidala (yellow see-through dress from picnic by the waterfalls) - Once again Padme and fashion, fashion or figures. I want some more different characters before Padme becomes the Jango of Episode II.

Adult Clone (in red jumpsuit shown eating, training "obeying any command") - Now this would really be cool.

Padme Amidala (black leather temptation dress from fireside talk) - Although I'm not really thirsting for a new outfit Padme I will say that this figure would really be a sight to see. My vote is bending a little towards this one.

Jango Fett (out of armor from apartment confrontation) - This is another tough figure. I want to see this one made too.

The Adult Clone and Jango in his appartment are almost identical figures so I need to vote for the Jango in his appartment because this figure needs to be made. I definately want to see the Padme in Black look at my bossom outfit, but I can wait for that I guess.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

1) Radiant VII female captain (Republic Officer)
    2) Radiant VII male co-pilot (Republic Officer)
    3) Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
    4) Commander Tey How (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
    5) Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up)
    6) Nute Gunray Hologram
    7) Senator Palpatine Hologram
    8) Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid)
    9) Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember)
    10) Padme Handmaiden
    Padme Handmaiden, followed by Tey How, followed by Qui-Gon Hooded.

Padme is a major character in the film and never got a good figure, plus as stated, you could use her to represent all the handmaidens including oscar-winner Sofia Coppola . Tey How would be an interesting second choice, with seat and controls. Hooded Qui-Gon would have been nice 5 years ago, but really it's probably too late (especially after the most recent eyesore figure).

BTW, it's "Daulty Dofine".

Captain Panaka (softgoods, removeable hat)
    Black Travel Queen (softgoods that can sit on Royal Starship Throne)
    Qui-Gon Jinn - Tatooine Poncho - molded plastic
    black Coruscant Guard (ethnic variation of the Senate Guard)
    Chancellor Valorum - brown business suit from landing platform
    Queen Amidala - PreSenate (yellow gown from Palpatine's Office)
    Sei Teria - Asian woman, Supreme Chancellor Valorum's aide
    Queen Amidala - Post Senate (black gown -Palpatine's office and Nute Gunray's arrest)
    Royal Handmaiden - dark purple gown - from Senate and Post Senate scenes
    Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral)
    Yeeuch, none of these are figures I'd likely buy, but Panaka had a second outfit in the film IIRC and could use a removable hat, so he'd be the one I'd vote for as least-likely-to-avoid.

Gragga or SwokesSwokes (the chubba vendor)
    Wald (little Rodian)
    Kitster (Anakin's friend)
    Ann or Tan Gella (blue Twi'lek girls massaging Sebulba)
    Dud Bolt (podracer - looks like cross between coyote and alligator)
    Ben Quadrinaros (podracer - looks like a seed in a pod)
    Mohawnic (podracer - a Gran - looks like Ree-Yees)
    Mars Guo (podracer - arrogant and has spiky things on top of his head)
    Rats Tyrell (podracer - was killed during the Boonta Classic, had wife, kids)
    Wan Sandage (podracer - looks like a green fox or close to it)
    Aldar Beedo (podracer - looks like a green reptilian ant-eater with sharp teeth)
    Bolls Rohr (podracer - looks like the Tasmanian Devil)
    Old Jira (elder lady who's friend of Anakin's and who's bones are aching)
    Yucko! None of 'em, I wouldn't buy a single one. That said, my next least-likely-to-avoid vote goes to Gragga.

The Coruscant Taxi Driver (not exactly a Bothan, but looks similar)
    Edcel Bargan (from Roona I think)
    Mot Not Rab
    The Rodian Senator (long red cloak)
    Ithorian Senator (Hammerhead in long white cloak)
    Ando Senator (4-eyed Aqualish like Ponda Baba - almost)
    Gran Senator (either from Malastare or Gran homeworld - like Ree-Yees)
    E.T. Senator (probably Speilberg's property, but we can try)
    Senator Yarua (Wookiee is supposedly confirmed, but we haven't seen it in plastic yet)
    Bail Antilles (human from Alderaan, wearing white)

Again, nobody I'd want from this pack, I can't even see an L-L-T-A vote this time around. In the face of such adversity, I'll throw my vote to ET just so other collectors will stop complaining and non-collectors will actually have someone to recognize for once. My second choice would be the Ithorian, I just like their race, but I wouldn't vote for it because I know Hasbro would just recycle the Momaw Nadon figure from POTF2.

Handmaiden (battledress, blonde - the most different you'd make her from Padme)
    Gungan Child
    Gungan Female
    black N-1 Pilot (Bravo 3)
    female N-1 Pilot (Bravo 2)
    black Naboo Security (we can't have armies of clones)
    white Naboo Royal Guard (again, we can't have armies of clones)
    Federation Pick-up Droid (little white E.T. droid that cleans up after battles)
    Gungan Band Member (drum and trumpet included)
    Queen Amidala Theed Celebration
    Female N-1 pilot, Bravo 2 should be made so she can fit in the Naboo Fighter as well. The rest don't really appeal to me in any way.

Corde (Senator's Decoy from starship explosion)
    Sly Moore (when we see the prototype, it'll be enough for this thread to ignore)
    Kit Fisto ( more articulation, relaxed pose, Jedi robe)
    Luminara Undulli (more articulation, relaxed pose)
    Barriss Offee (more articulation, relaxed pose)
    Padme Amidala (Galactic Senate - from speech in deleted scene)
    Dorme (Senator's Personal Aide)
    JarJar Binks (Palpatine's Office / Padme's Apartment robes)
    Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office / Private Apartment)
    Captain Typho (regular duty uniform)
    Anakin Skywalker (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes)
    Obi-Wan Jedi Robes, far and away the one I want most, always have. Anakin in regular standing robes would be my second. Typho would be my third since his first figure is a pilot and so boring. I don't really care that much about the others, they don't hold any appeal for me.

(please, I doubt it's a spoiler now after how many insider pictures (?)
    Thanks a lot, jerk! It's a spoiler to me, that's one of the reasons I don't GET the damned SW Insider anymore.

Pamde (nightgown from attack, also balcony scene with Anakin - removeable outer robe)
    alien aircar driver that almost hits Obi-Wan hanging on droid ("what the?!")
    Bufon Taire - Outlander Bartender (black human male, grey suit)
    Lunae Minx (Lucas' daughter as Twi'lek female)
    Tas Kee - Weequay pirate with blue hat + uniform, with Hat Lo
    Hat Lo - crime boss with collar taller than head hiding human features
    Nyrat Agira - sexy human chick with medusa spiked bruntte hair in red thong
    Immi Danoo - sexy blonde human female in short-shorts with cape
    Rosha Vess - purple haired sexy human chick with bikini top tattoos around her belly
    Necil Sing - Asian human female with beaded veil was interested in Anakin
    Daro Willits - possibly half black, half-white human male with pony-tailed dreadlocks
    Older Dug (Sebulba?) from Dexter's Diner
    Younger Dug (from Dexter's Diner)
    Hermione Bagwa (Dexter's blonde human waitress with the garter)
    Padme Amidala -refugee disguise from Outland Peasant Freighter
    Jocasta Nu - Jedi Librarian that helps Obi-Wan
    Queen Jamilla
    Sio Bibble - 10 years older
    Padme Amidala (from Senator's report to the Queen)

Seeing as I don't remember half of these, and don't care for "sexy" figures that are just tiny dolls rather than action figures (sounds like Tycho is trying to be one of those collectors he asked about in his recent Gen Disc threads ), and don't want figures of the others. I would have voted for Tas Kee because he sounds sorta interesting, and then PF gave us the link that showed it was a SHE and she has goofy new hands and looks terrible. Therefore, the LLTA vote goes to, oh, I guess Padme Refugee Disguise.

Kaminoan civilian
    No question, Jango Fett in apartment look w/ removable armor. My next choice is a close second, the Adult Clone in training. Obi-Wan is my third.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tycho, what are the running totals for each section of votes right now?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I'll go with Padmé in her backless dress. I think this dress is one of the better looking dresses that hasn't made yet. And its from an important scene. Not a lot traditional action, but why limit ourselves to traditional means.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I'd buy them all.

Once again I'm voting for Padmé. This time in her yellow picnic dress. It's a nice splash of color amongst all the brown and greys. This would be another reason to vote for the adult clone.

I'm probably in the minority, but I actually thought that Padmé's temptation dress was a bit on the ridiculous side. I actually found it more laughable than sexy. Her bare midriff Lars Homestead dress was sexier by far.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Tycho, what are the running totals for each section of votes right now?
    These are not final scores. All polls are still open to new voters. And I'm only listing those figures who have "scores." See JediTricks' post above to show all the choices offered thus far in one easy digest.

10 Padme Handmaiden
    3 Daulty Dofine
    2 Tey How
    1 Radiant IV captain
    1 Rep Teers

12 Queen Purple Travel Gown
    1 black Coruscant Guard
    1 Capt. Panaka removeable hat/ softgoods
    1 Sei Teria
    1 Queen Black Travel (softgoods)

5 Gragga (Swokes Swokes)
    4 Ben Quadrinaros
    4 Wald
    4 Kitster
    3 Ann or Tan Gella
    1 Dud Bolt

8 Wookiee Senator Yarua
    3 ET Senator
    2 Coruscant Taxi Driver
    2 Ithorian Senator
    1 Mot Not Rab
    1 Bail Antilles

12 Queen Theed Celebration
    2 Pickup Droids
    1 blonde handmaiden, battle dress
    1 N-1 Pilot female, bravo-2
    1 Gungan Band Member

6 Sly Moore
    5 Padme (Palpatine's Office)
    2 Anakin (Jedi robes)
    2 Dorme
    1 Corde
    1 Luminara (sa, neutral pose)
    1 Obi-Wan (Jedi robes)

5 Jocasta Nu
    3 Padme Nightgown
    3 Padme from Freighter
    2 Queen Jamilla
    1 Nyrat Agira (sexy girl in red thong)
    1 Padme from report to Queen Jamilla
    1 Lune Minx (Lucas' daughter as Twi'lek)

3 Padme yellow dress by waterfalls
    3 Jango Fett in apartment (no armor)
    2 Adult Clone in red jumpsuit
    2 Padme in black leather from fireside
    1 Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi robes, sa for Kamino Fight
    1 Padme backless dress from first kiss by lake

*this poll is about 65% reporting thus far.

Tatooine (Episode 1) and 2 polls from Coruscant (Episode 2) may require run-offs. The other polls are very clear.

These polls will not be closed until after we do all the Classic Star Wars polls, plus 2 waves for Ultras (prequels and sequels - which I'm intending to be the bridge between the trilogies and so you don't think I skip a new Han Solo Carbonite when he's not in one of the ESB lists (this could be one greatly improved figure as an Ultra).

Don't worry. I've figured out all the possibilities and you can add write-ins (in boldface please - so others can support your choices).

But this way, if latecomers join us, we'll have gone through 20 rounds before I cut off voting for our early polls and do TPM and AOTC finals, and maybe an overall prequel final.

What you guys can tell me is if you think the Tatooine gang needs a run-off (especially if Gragga-Wald-Kitster-and-Quadrinaros are tied by then) or if I should just throw them all into the mix against the Queen Amidalas and Yarua - there will only be about 9 total then, instead of 5 for TPM finals). I'm thinking I should just throw them all in. Amidala had been overcoming her opponents by margins of over 10 votes in some cases. Who cares if someone likes Wald more than Kitster if they don't support either more than a Final Celebration Queen? On the other hand, the fact that the votes for the Tatooine gang are so split up, show that there could be good demand for any of them going into a background character vs. main character type of contest. All of your preferences there remain to be seen.

In any case, I am keeping score, but it's probably a bad influence to post the contest winners right now. Some might decide to prop-up their second-favorite choice or something, in light of knowing the numbers, and I want people to vote with their honest response just as it comes from the heart.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing more of your choices from:

Kaminoan civilian
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.