Page 133 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1450
    Quote Originally Posted by pegger
    That's fine - let's just vote between the existing remain figures and the ones on the ROTS list. I think that would meld the two lists quite nicely... Anything that ranks lower than our current # 50 pick falls off.

Fine by me. I think 95% of EU figs are waste anyways - but given the results of ToyFair there seems to be an outcry for them.... We can leave them off - again just trying to suggest a compromise.
    Ya, I think working the remaining ROTS into the remaining figures from I, II, and IV-VI would be good. I agree, anything below #50 should fall off.

I don't see why someone who wants to can't just start a thread of most wanted resculpts or most wanted EU. I just don't think it will generate as much interest as this thread did.

Quote Originally Posted by pegger
    I know for myself that I would really like a neutral posed, no action gimmick decently sculpted Mace more than some of the other figs that I voted for on the top 50.....
    I still think the Episode I sneak preview Mace is the best Mace they ever made. The first carded Episode I Mace is still my favorite Mace where he isn't wearing the robes. I thought the Episodes II and III Maces were terrible.

OK guys.

1) We're going to wait (at least about 1 month or a little less) before undertaking this kind of project, due to certain reasons that will become evident soon enough.

2) At least half of our Top 20 ROTS (separate list) figures came to fruition, especially at the end of 2005 (Gree, Bly, 501st, etc.) - and young Owen and Beru were on both lists, but are essentially the same figures. Lucas filmed Owen and Beru with the baby during the filming of AOTC. They didn't go back to Tunisia for ROTS, and Ewan had his hood up, so you couldn't tell if his hair was long or short at that time.

3) There is not going to be a "system" that reconciles the two lists (5-movie and ROTS) since the polling was done very differently. Also, with the deletion of one set of Owen and Beru, ROTS becomes mostly a competition to get several more Padmes and medical droids onto our 5-movie list (who's really worried that Hasbro won't repaint more Clone variants now?) Considering the in-fighting we had over "5-movie Padmes" here during the creation of this list, do we really need to struggle with that again?

4) Hasbro will always market Tatooine Lukes, etc. Kids who saw ROTS as their first movie they were old enough to see in the theater have no RETAIL option (until the next wave this year) to get Tatooine Luke now that they are aware who he is and "ages 4 & up." We did a brilliant job scraping the bottom of the barrel for our lists. They are getting to them, but have not surpassed even half of our 5-movie Recommendations yet. Personally, I think Owen and Beru are a hurdle we need to get over to see serious progress before we really worry about Treva Horme, etc.

5) I have the knowledge and capability of doing an Expanded Universe poll. Remember I used to publish Rogues' Gallery here? But believe me, it is a daunting task with so many eras to cover. There are some figures I really want (Villie, Jaina and Jacen Solo, a Yuuzhan Vong - or better, different Yuuzhan Vong characters and a generic warrior one). But I don't think I have the patience to delve into that. We tried that before, remember?

"I say patience" for the time being.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    1) We're going to wait (at least about 1 month or a little less) before undertaking this kind of project, due to certain reasons that will become evident soon enough.
    You got some scoop on figures that are going to be announced, Tycho?

Tycho, couldn't agree with you more. Young Owen and Beru are huge priorities right now. We don't want to let the modern era of figures pass without them just as it was a travesty that there was never a Tarkin, Owen, or Beru for the vintage figures.

I agree, Tycho. We should just leave the list as it is. I just thought adding the Episode III figures to the master list was a nice compromise between those who want to start all over and those of us who want to leave the list alone.

We probably shouldn't consider revising anything until a Toyfare winner is announced. How do we rank Yarna or Hermi right now when they could be confirmed within a short period of time?

Nice to see our work survived the web war and SirSteve once again has prevailed, hence we have access to this. The Fans' Choice Figure and Comic Con should clear up some questions we might have on our progress here, but I also posted in Kidhuman's thread (in the modern retired forum) concerning when and if we should do some more work in this arena. The general conclusion is "wait until we know what we're getting for Christmas."

Here's an update on "the list" thus far (before Comic Con)

Here's our Final TOP 50 LIST!

1. Hem Dazon (Arcona - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    2. General Veers (Imperial Officer w. add-on Hoth Battle Gear)

3. Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    4. Beru Whitesun (AOTC)
    5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    6. Lando Smuggler (last scene of Empire Strikes Back)
    7. CZ-3 (Jawa Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley Spaceport)
    8. Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's fat dancer)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces)
    10. Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star II Commander, ROTJ)
    11. Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base)
    12. R5D4 (Jawa Sandcrawler)
    13. General Tagge (Death Star Conference Table)
    14. R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    15. Bom Vimdim, (Advoze - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    16. Queen Jamilla (Naboo Queen - AOTC)
    17. Han Bespin Torture Chair (screaming Unleashed)
    18. Daultry Dofine (Captain, Trade Federation Droid Control Ship) ??? Invisible Hand Captain????*
    19. Colonel Wulf Yularen (white Imperial uniform Star Conference Table)
    20. Torryn Far (female Hoth Rebel Solider, Ion Cannon Control)
    21. Owen Lars (AOTC)
    22. M'iiyoom Onith (Nightlilly - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    23. Jango Fett, out of armor (Fett apartment on Kamino, AOTC)
    24. Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
    25. Luke Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet, lightsaber) ????
    26. Saurin, (Hrchek Kal Fas from Mos Eisley Cantina)
    27. Ben Quadrinaros (pod racer) ???? (rumors of Podracer 2-pack)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina ????When already???
    29. Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    30. Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder, large creature, many eyes)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina)
    32. R2D2 Shield Bunker (Battle of Endor - shot with all parts exposed)
    33. Givin, Elris Helrot (Mos Eisley Cantina "scream guy")
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's Apartment)
    35. Queen Purple Dress (Return to Naboo, travel gown - TPM)
    36. Anakin Jedi Robes (AOTC = Evolutions)
    37. Major Derlin (Hoth Echo Base and "Cliff from Cheers")
    38. Luke Medical Frigate (last scene of ESB, includes 2 right arms, one exposed)
    39. Clone Trooper, red jumpsuit (AOTC, during Obi-Wan's tour of Kamino)
    40. Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    41. Rep Been, Gungan Council
    42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace (with black helmet, gets thrown as Boussh enters)
    43. Klaatu (Woof) - original Klaatu figure by Kenner in 1983, with sheepskin
    44. Biggs Darklighter Academy (ANH Deleted Scenes)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character)
    46. Slim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary made by Kenner in 1985)
    47. black Bespin Guard (orginally as made by Kenner in 1982)
    48. Mother Ewok w. baby
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist Leadership Council, giant mouse)
    50. Padme Black Leather Temptation (fireplace scene AOTC)

That's 8 -14 figures out of 50! (depends what satisfies you and how rumors will play out) Keep on going Hasbro!

(Plus Gragga and Sora Bulq which were very close to originally making this list!

*You need to tell Hasbro if Lushros Dofine counts for Daultay Dofine, if you want him repainted like Cat Min / Shu Mai, or what will satisfy you.

So we'll see if we get them all done. Try re-reading this thread to see how you feel the discussion went now that you've experienced some results.

BTW: Rep Been will be crossed off (originally Rep Teers made our list) - but I'm waiting for a picture (probably from Comic Con).

With the pictures out today I think you can cross off the Endor Luke and the Gungan Rep Been!

Droid is correct!

Here's an update on "the list" thus far (still before Comic Con)

Here's our Final TOP 50 LIST!

1. Hem Dazon (Arcona - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    2. General Veers (Imperial Officer w. add-on Hoth Battle Gear)

3. Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    4. Beru Whitesun (AOTC)
    5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    6. Lando Smuggler (last scene of Empire Strikes Back)
    7. CZ-3 (Jawa Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley Spaceport)
    8. Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's fat dancer)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces)
    10. Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star II Commander, ROTJ)
    11. Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base)
    12. R5D4 (Jawa Sandcrawler)
    13. General Tagge (Death Star Conference Table)
    14. R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    15. Bom Vimdim, (Advoze - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    16. Queen Jamilla (Naboo Queen - AOTC)
    17. Han Bespin Torture Chair (screaming Unleashed)
    18. Daultry Dofine (Captain, Trade Federation Droid Control Ship) ??? Invisible Hand Captain????*
    19. Colonel Wulf Yularen (white Imperial uniform Star Conference Table)
    20. Torryn Far (female Hoth Rebel Solider, Ion Cannon Control)
    21. Owen Lars (AOTC)
    22. M'iiyoom Onith (Nightlilly - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    23. Jango Fett, out of armor (Fett apartment on Kamino, AOTC)
    24. Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
    25. Luke Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet, lightsaber) ????
    26. Saurin, (Hrchek Kal Fas from Mos Eisley Cantina)
    27. Ben Quadrinaros (pod racer) ???? (rumors of Podracer 2-pack)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina ????When already???
    29. Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    30. Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder, large creature, many eyes)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina)
    32. R2D2 Shield Bunker (Battle of Endor - shot with all parts exposed)
    33. Givin, Elris Helrot (Mos Eisley Cantina "scream guy")
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's Apartment)
    35. Queen Purple Dress (Return to Naboo, travel gown - TPM)
    36. Anakin Jedi Robes (AOTC = Evolutions)
    37. Major Derlin (Hoth Echo Base and "Cliff from Cheers")
    38. Luke Medical Frigate (last scene of ESB, includes 2 right arms, one exposed)
    39. Clone Trooper, red jumpsuit (AOTC, during Obi-Wan's tour of Kamino)
    40. Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    41. Rep Been, Gungan Council
    42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace (with black helmet, gets thrown as Boussh enters)
    43. Klaatu (Woof) - original Klaatu figure by Kenner in 1983, with sheepskin
    44. Biggs Darklighter Academy (ANH Deleted Scenes)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character)
    46. Slim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary made by Kenner in 1985)
    47. black Bespin Guard (orginally as made by Kenner in 1982)
    48. Mother Ewok w. baby
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist Leadership Council, giant mouse)
    50. Padme Black Leather Temptation (fireplace scene AOTC)

That's 10 or more figures out of 50! (depends what satisfies you and how rumors will play out) Keep on going Hasbro!

(Plus Gragga and Sora Bulq which were very close to originally making this list!

*You need to tell Hasbro if Lushros Dofine counts for Daultay Dofine, if you want him repainted like Cat Min / Shu Mai, or what will satisfy you.

So we'll see if we get them all done. Try re-reading this thread to see how you feel the discussion went now that you've experienced some results.

Looks like with Comic Con, Pre-ToyFair (if they still do that), and Toy Fair 2007, we may be crossing off much more from our list if the production rumors Rebelscum posted pan out. (I can't believe we're getting Biggs in Academy Uniform and the Givin! Oh won't Deoxy be happy!)

Anyway, looking at our list of Still Wanted above, about 5 more are coming off when we get pictures confirming them (who knows what Padme from AOTC we'll get?)

CZ-3 might be possible as the droid with the Jawa, too. It doesn't necessarily have to be a short, stubby one like the Gonk was.

Considering how Lushros Dofine is pegwarming, btw, I think we should take Daultay Dofine off our list and those of you who want him, should just buy an extra Lushros. I could see them repainting Lushros in a few years or for a Trade Federation Battle Pack or what not, but not immediately soon.

Lando, the Lars, and Yarna continue to be avoided by Hasbro.

If they do Herme Odel, there's hope for Wioslea.

An R2D2 listed might be one of ours instead of a repack, ya know.

So we'll end up with 15-16-17 out of 50 by Comic Con 2007 (half-way through the 30th Anniversary). Not bad. We're almost halfway there. Now to go update the ROTS list - which they nearly completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    CZ-3 might be possible as the droid with the Jawa, too. It doesn't necessarily have to be a short, stubby one like the Gonk was.

Considering how Lushros Dofine is pegwarming, btw, I think we should take Daultay Dofine off our list and those of you who want him, should just buy an extra Lushros. I could see them repainting Lushros in a few years or for a Trade Federation Battle Pack or what not, but not immediately soon.

Lando, the Lars, and Yarna continue to be avoided by Hasbro.
    I predict either the dome droid or multiarmed umbrella droid with the Jawa.

Daultay needs to stay on the list! It is a different figure! We shouldn't take figures off the list just because we think it is unlikely they'll produce one or because similar figures peg warm!

They specifically said the Lars weren't on their list in one of the Q&A. Galactichunter has a poll going about if the most wanted scene. I voted for the Lars Farm, which pains me given my love for the cantina and Jabba's palace. But I think Hasbro needs to see the love for the Lars family.

I have seen the movie. I have seen the original cut of the cantina scene from the Behind the Magic CD-ROM. Is the Givin ANYWHERE in the movie? Is it expanded universe? Was it an unused mask? Where was the Givin in the cantina? I have only seen the CCG card.

Yarna could still win the poll.