Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1450
    I'm afraid we might have almost gotten as far as we are going to get:

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    Hasbro, Inc. Calls Outstanding Lucas Warrants
    By SirSteve
    Published: May 10, 2007

Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS) announced today that it has exercised its call option to repurchase all of the outstanding warrants for Hasbro’s common stock currently held by Lucasfilm Ltd. and Lucas Licensing Ltd. (together “Lucas”).Lucas holds exercisable warrants (the “Warrants”) to purchase an aggregate of 15,750,000 shares of Hasbro’s common stock. The call notice to Lucas stated that Hasbro is exercising its call option to repurchase all of the Warrants for $200 million in cash. Upon closing of the call option Lucas will not hold any warrants to purchase shares of Hasbro’s common stock. Hasbro anticipates closing the call option on May 24, 2007. In connection with the repurchase, Hasbro will recognize a final mark to market charge related to these warrants totaling approximately $36.5 million during the 2nd quarter of 2007.

Pursuant to the Warrant Amendment Agreement, entered into between Hasbro and Lucas in January of 2003, Hasbro was given a call option which provided that at any time through October 13, 2016, Hasbro could repurchase all of the Warrants from Lucas for a payment, in Hasbro’s choice, of either (i) $200 million in cash or (ii) $220 million worth of Hasbro’s common stock, such stock being valued in the manner set forth in the Warrant Amendment Agreement.
    I should have gone and sat next to Uncle George at the shareholders' meeting. Anyway, this doesn't surprise me. Hasbro wants to make their profit their own on Spider-Man and Transformers, not pay Lucas for what wouldn't be his work (but nevertheless 10% of his property should he continue to own). The other thing this might signal is that Hasbro might reposition its commitment to Star Wars. They could hold the license until 2018 so others won't produce, but that doesn't mean they plan to follow Lucas' beckon call to Force Unleashed etc. Look at their products delving into repaints wave after wave.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I really don't take this to mean that we will see a change in anything. Just because Lucas has been bought out by Hasbro doesn't mean they wouldn't have to comply with the licensing agreement they have with him. I'm sure they still have to have all product approved by Lucasfilm. I am sure that the Tonnika problems still exist, if they are even true.

I don't think this will change anything for Hasbro as far as Star Wars is concerned. I am sure that they just had enough money from Star Wars, Spider-Man, and what they think will be a good Transformers year to make their move now.

I don't think people should characterize this as Hasbro's way to stop making Star Wars or to limit the characters made. I don't think Lucas was telling Hasbro, "You better make Hermi Odle. My fans demand it!" I think he could care less what figures are made or not. I think that has been Hasbro's call for some time.

Well Herme Odle is getting made. That was confirmed. But if you look at the 35 or so remaining on our "To Do List" above, and consider that in most cases, anything abandoned by this thread that did not make that list is quite possibly more "obscure and boring" (in the Lushros Dofine sense of the word), it doesn't exactly fare well for us.

Now most of us here want the Lars, unproduced Padmes, Woof, Doallyn, etc.

Is Hasbro convinced it would be worth making them? I sure hope so. Even JediMasterSal has said he's pretty much done with Clones.

Newbies will support the line as they'll want Luke and Anakin more than we will, because quite honestly, we're not going to keep buying them.

And to kids, without new movies, and with changing play patterns (to video games, rpgs and card games), continuing Star Wars is going to be like marketing black & white action figures from the George Reeves Superman televsion series to all of us. Who wants Jimmy Olson in gray-scale?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think you can officially cross off Hermi Odle now!

I'm going to update our list. While we don't have pictures for Han and Lando yet, we do have confirmation by Hasbro in various Q&A's. Plus we just got our first picture of Herme Odle. So I wanted us to see where we are now:

2007 STAR WARS CELEBRATION 4 UPDATE:

Here's our Final TOP 50 LIST!

1. Hem Dazon (Arcona - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    2. General Veers
    3. Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)

4. Beru Whitesun (AOTC)
    5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    6. Lando Smuggler
    7. CZ-3 (Jawa Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley Spaceport)
    8. Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's fat dancer)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces)
    10. Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star II Commander, ROTJ)
    11. Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base) - this is not the Honor Guard 30th figure.
    12. R5D4 (Jawa Sandcrawler)
    13. General Tagge (Death Star Conference Table)
    14. R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    15. Bom Vimdim, (Advoze - Mos Eisley Cantina) - hint from 2008?
    16. Queen Jamilla (Naboo Queen - AOTC)
    17. Han Bespin Torture Chair
    18. Daultry Dofine (Captain, Trade Federation Droid Control Ship)
    19. Colonel Wulf Yularen
    20. Torryn Far (female Hoth Rebel Solider, Ion Cannon Control)
    21. Owen Lars (AOTC)
    22. M'iiyoom Onith (Nightlilly - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    23. Jango Fett, out of armor (Fett apartment on Kamino, AOTC)
    24. Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
    25. Luke Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet, lightsaber)
    26. Saurin, (Hrchek Kal Fas from Mos Eisley Cantina)
    27. Ben Quadrinaros (pod racer)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    29. Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior - possible
    30. Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder, large creature, many eyes)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina)
    32. R2D2 Shield Bunker (Battle of Endor - shot with all parts exposed
    33. Givin, Elris Helrot
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's Apartment)
    35. Queen Purple Dress (Return to Naboo, travel gown - TPM)
    36. Anakin Jedi Robes (AOTC/Evolutions) - single-carded
    37. Major Derlin (Hoth Echo Base)
    38. Luke Medical Frigate (end of ESB, includes 2 right arms, one exposed)
    39. Clone Trooper, red jumpsuit (AOTC, during Obi-Wan's tour of Kamino)
    40. Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    41. Rep Been, Gungan Council
    42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace (black helmet, thrown as Boussh enters)
    43. Klaatu (Woof) - Klaatu figure by Kenner in 1983, with sheepskin
    44. Biggs Darklighter Academy (ANH Deleted Scenes)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character)
    46. Slim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary made by Kenner in 1985)
    47. black Bespin Guard (orginally as made by Kenner in 1982)
    48. Mother Ewok w. baby
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist Leadership Council, giant mouse)
    50. Padme Black Leather Temptation - strongly rumored

That could be up to 20 figures out of 50. (depends what satisfies you and how rumors will play out. We lost 2 as I took the Tonnika Sister off the rumor list and I think Hasbro indicated there'd be no Mommy Ewok w. baby this year. I hope I'm mistaken on both counts.) But keep on going Hasbro!

(Plus Gragga and Sora Bulq which were very close to originally making this list!)

So we'll see if we get them all done.

Note to Newbies: every possibility from 5 movies was considered. Go back through this thread and find the portion of the particular movie that encompasses your "what about so-and-so?" question. For ROTS, there was a separate thread - and mostly Clones won. They have all been made now. Remaining are Padme, various medical droids, the Utai didn't make the list but came close, as did Bail Organa's wife and other outfits for the Senator from Alderaan.

No pictures of the Attack of the Clones wave yet (wave 8) so I guess we may not know if the Padme fireside figure is on the way or not.

I wish they would name those Ewoks. Are they Warok, Romba, Lumat, or generic Ewoks?

Paploo really needs to be resculpted "not flying" and not from previous body parts. And Wicket could be resized, though I'm not really interested in buying a resize of him.

But I'd love the other Vintage ones updated, as well as the Mother and Keolkeech from our list.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    No pictures of the Attack of the Clones wave yet (wave 8) so I guess we may not know if the Padme fireside figure is on the way or not.

I wish they would name those Ewoks. Are they Warok, Romba, Lumat, or generic Ewoks?
    Just guessing from the labels in the Hasrbo stand pack I'd go with Romba & Lumat
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Quote Originally Posted by Banthaholic View Post
    Just guessing from the labels in the Hasrbo stand pack I'd go with Romba & Lumat
    The figures look like them anyway, don't they? I'd say one is almost definitely Romba, the other one could be Warok though. I saw something on another site that named one as Garak. (That's a semi-main Star Trek DS9 character though). But there were a lot of Ewoks. Still the vintage needs to be completed with all updates for the modern line.

Here's our TO DO LIST of everyone that's left from the above checklist:

Beru Whitesun
    Cliegg Lars
    Yarna dal Gargon
    Tey How
    Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base)
    R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    Bom Vimdim* good bet here
    Queen Jamilla (AOTC)
    Daultry Dofine
    Torryn Farr
    Owen Lars (AOTC)
    Jango Fett out of armor
    Jocasta Nu
    Saurin (Mos Eisley)
    Ben Quadrinaros
    Tonnika Sister
    Keeolkeech (Ewok)
    Wioslea
    Reegesk (Ranat - Cantina)
    R2D2 Endor Shield Bunker
    Padme Senator (AOTC)
    Queen Purple Dress
    Luke Medical Frigate (hand repair)
    Clone Trooper (red jumpsuit)
    Sgt. Doaylln
    Woof
    Treva Horme
    Slim Aloo
    black Bespin Guard
    Mother Ewok w. baby
    Tonbuck Toora

Crunching some numbers, I see:

22 potentially done with the rumor of Tonbuck Toora, and likely Bom Vimdim.
    28 to go - by the end of 2008 or so we'll be almost 50%

This effort was launched May 24, 2004. The list was delivered around the end of April, 2005 at C3. So that puts us at 27 months now (just over 2 years) if you're timing our progress with Hasbro.

Remember, this poll was for figures never made before, and only with a few exceptions were "ultimate main character figures" (like Luke Endor) brought onto the list. They're considered "made," but could have always won write-in votes the way R5-D4 did.

Amost anyone in the movies could have made this list, exceptions being ROTS characters who had not been seen at the time this was compiled. So if they're not listed, they were deemed further down in the bottom of the barrel.

By the way, all our Top 10 were made except for:

a Niemoidian (ghosts of Lushros still haunting us in the isles a year later...)
    Lars family members (2 of them)
    Yarna