Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1450
    So looks like we are getting the Fireside Padme, and possibly the clone trooper in red jumpsuit (wave 8 - see celebration Europe pic of the poster) - the clone looks like it has removable armor...also the same for the Jango with poncho...Could possibly fill in Jango out or armor....

Too bad that wave 8 won't make it out in Canada.... stupid Hasbro Canada...
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

Whoa! Coolness!

First: yes! -with regards to Jango Fett Out of Armor. Notice his sleeves are pushed up showing some skin instead of non-removeable wrist rocket gauntlets. His shin gauntlets might also be removeable. His shirt that we can see under the poncho looks to be what he's wearing when Obi-Wan first visits him in his apartment and questions him trying to pick up a lead on the death of Zam Wessel and the recent assasination attempt on Senator Amidala.

I think that this is definitely as close as we're going to get. Furthermore, having sculpted the red-jumpsuited adult clone out of armor (with the add-on armor pieces) I can see where Hasbro went "2 for 1" with the tooling (I'd bet). It does leave me to wonder how authentic the Jango figure will be, but I suspect it's as close as we'll ever get - and it could still turn out to be perfect. I'm going to take them as well as Padme Black Leather Temptation off our list!

Nice job Hasbro! (thought Padme needs to be showing more cleavage! - yes that's funny but it would also be more accurate).

Here's our Final TOP 50 LIST!

1. Hem Dazon (Arcona - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    2. General Veers
    3. Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)

4. Beru Whitesun (AOTC)
    5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    6. Lando Smuggler
    7. CZ-3 (Jawa Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley Spaceport)
    8. Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's fat dancer)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces)
    10. Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star II Commander, ROTJ)
    11. Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base) - this is not the Honor Guard 30th figure.
    12. R5D4 (Jawa Sandcrawler)
    13. General Tagge (Death Star Conference Table)
    14. R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    15. Bom Vimdim, (Advoze - Mos Eisley Cantina) - hint from 2008?
    16. Queen Jamilla (Naboo Queen - AOTC)
    17. Han Bespin Torture Chair
    18. Daultry Dofine (Captain, Trade Federation Droid Control Ship)
    19. Colonel Wulf Yularen
    20. Torryn Far (female Hoth Rebel Solider, Ion Cannon Control)
    21. Owen Lars (AOTC)
    22. M'iiyoom Onith (Nightlilly - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    23. Jango Fett, out of armor (Fett apartment on Kamino, AOTC)
    24. Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
    25. Luke Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet, lightsaber)
    26. Saurin, (Hrchek Kal Fas from Mos Eisley Cantina)
    27. Ben Quadrinaros (pod racer)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    29. Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    30. Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder, large creature, many eyes)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina)
    32. R2D2 Shield Bunker (Battle of Endor - shot with all parts exposed
    33. Givin, Elris Helrot
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's Apartment)
    35. Queen Purple Dress (Return to Naboo, travel gown - TPM)
    36. Anakin Jedi Robes (AOTC/Evolutions) - we need this single-carded
    37. Major Derlin (Hoth Echo Base)
    38. Luke Medical Frigate (end of ESB, includes 2 right arms, one exposed)
    39. Clone Trooper, red jumpsuit (AOTC, during Obi-Wan's tour of Kamino)
    40. Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader

41. Rep Been, Gungan Council
    42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace (black helmet, thrown as Boussh enters)
    43. Klaatu (Woof) - Klaatu figure by Kenner in 1983, with sheepskin
    44. Biggs Darklighter Academy (ANH Deleted Scenes)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character)
    46. Slim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary made by Kenner in 1985)
    47. black Bespin Guard (orginally as made by Kenner in 1982)
    48. Mother Ewok w. baby - hinted at for 2008
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist Leadership Council, giant mouse) - hinted at for 2008
    50. Padme Black Leather Temptation

That could be up to 23 figures out of 50. (depends what satisfies you and how rumors will play out. Keep on going Hasbro!

(Plus Gragga and Sora Bulq which were very close to originally making this list - and Romba who was a star on Kidhuman's list!)

So we'll see if we get them all done.

Note to Newbies: every possibility from 5 movies was considered. Go back through this thread and find the portion of the particular movie that encompasses your "what about so-and-so?" question. For ROTS, there was a separate thread - and mostly Clones won. They have all been made now. Remaining are Padme, various medical droids, the Utai didn't make the list but came close, as did Bail Organa's wife and other outfits for the Senator from Alderaan.

Here's our TO DO LIST of everyone that's left from the above checklist:

Beru Whitesun
    Cliegg Lars
    Yarna dal Gargon
    Tey How
    Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base)
    R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    Bom Vimdim* good bet here
    Queen Jamilla (AOTC)
    Daultry Dofine
    Torryn Farr
    Owen Lars (AOTC)
    Jocasta Nu
    Saurin (Mos Eisley)
    Ben Quadrinaros
    Tonnika Sister
    Keeolkeech (Ewok)
    Wioslea
    Reegesk (Ranat - Cantina)
    R2D2 Endor Shield Bunker
    Padme Senator (AOTC)
    Queen Purple Dress
    Luke Medical Frigate (hand repair)
    Sgt. Doaylln
    Woof
    Treva Horme
    Slim Aloo
    black Bespin Guard
    Mother Ewok w. baby
    Tonbuck Toora

Crunching some numbers, I see:

23 potentially done with the rumor of Tonbuck Toora, the Ewok Mother, and likely Bom Vimdim.

27 to go - by the end of 2008 or so we'll probably be at least 50% done!

This effort was launched May 24, 2004. The list was delivered around the end of April, 2005 at C3. So that puts us at 27 months now (just over 2 years) if you're timing our progress with Hasbro.

Remember, this poll was for figures never made before, and only with a few exceptions were "ultimate main character figures" (like Luke Endor) brought onto the list. They're considered "made," but could have always won write-in votes the way R5-D4 did.

Amost anyone in the movies could have made this list, exceptions being ROTS characters who had not been seen at the time this was compiled. So if they're not listed, they were deemed further down in the bottom of the barrel.

By the way, all our Top 10 were made except for:

a Niemoidian (ghosts of Lushros still haunting us in the isles a year later...)
    Lars family members (2 of them)
    Yarna

This gets me all excited about Star Wars again! How about you?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I just saw some pics of Jango with out the poncho - and it looks great. Definately fills the Apartment spot.

And that shawl come sof Padme - which also makes the fig more movie accurate.
    To those that like to critize me, I say: It is a lot easier to say something critical than it is to say some thing while tied up and in my trunk. - Jack Handy

2008 predictions from this list?

Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base) - put a Rebel in the mix
    R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge) - at least one R2 not seen since 1999
    Bom Vimdim* good bet here
    Saurin (Mos Eisley) - maybe - you could easily card this alien
    Ben Quadrinaros - he's been in the Fan Poll list before, so we've guessed he's prototyped
    Wioslea - one huge figure for the line? If they don't cut that out for 2008
    R2D2 Endor Shield Bunker - again an R2 will be included one way or another
    Padme Senator (AOTC) - If the fireside gown doesn't pegwarm....
    Queen Purple Dress - likely in a Padme Evolutions set, or carded
    Luke Medical Frigate (hand repair) - a Luke never been done
    Sgt. Doaylln - part of a Jabba wave that's unique looking
    Woof - demanded by vintage re-do fans as well as Jabba fans - a natural
    black Bespin Guard - possible. The last Bespin Wing Guard would be 7 years ago (2001)
    Mother Ewok w. baby - bascially confirmed
    Tonbuck Toora - basically confirmed
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Daultay Dofine is rumored for 2008 or 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Droid View Post
    Daultay Dofine is rumored for 2008 or 09.
    Will it be a repaint of Lushros Dofine? Do you think Hasbro collected all those Lushros figures when their pegwarming was reported and re-carded or re-painted them?

Got any comparison pictures between Lushros (ROTS) and Daultay (TPM)?

And you know, while I want Daultay, Tey How is the more visually interesting Niemoidian yet to be done (she ranked higher on this list, too - at No.9 while Daultay was No. 18.

By the way, I'm trying to generate "the rules" for this type of voting thread again, this time with EU added from the poll in my signature, to begin August 1, 2008. The thread where I round out the rules with all of you will be posted shortly. I'm trying to figure out the system and illustrate by example first, so you'll all understand.

They shouldn't repaint Lushros for Daultay, his costume is way to different.

Daultay

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/st...c/D_Dofine.JPG

Lushros

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/st...ros_dofine.jpg

They could maybe use Lushros' head, if they repaint it some.

I'd be for a totally new sculpt actually. They seem to be different in facial features if you really look. I don't think Lucas used the same masks and obviously not the same outfits.

Tey How would still be a better choice.

I have started a new thread about THE RULES for a new scene-by-scene poll for August 2008 (after Comic Con), here

We had some struggling with the way this poll was being conducted, so I want to lay out the process before we even start this kind of thing up again. The actual poll won't be started until August, and in a different thread, but I'll link to the same link above to cite the rules.

You should all check it out. I have my reasons for not wanting everyone to just write a big list out and then score it. We get more insight into what characters in their own genres are popular or not in this way, versus blanket approaches that say "I'm not voting for any prequel figures" or whatever, and the Ice Cream Maker Guy outranks the Utai without the latter ever being looked at for his own merits (amongst his peers).

Hasbro is not going to make only OT characters and Zero EU characters, so there's no reason to not let those of us who would buy assorted waves get stuff that we think would be cool.

Meanwhile, we should hope that Toy Fare 2008 and Comic Con '08 help us complete our collections with more of what we voted for here.

We got 42% of the winners voted for in this thread done now (21/50 - with really good chances for another 8 or more possible, making our results reach 58% complete).

Really, I don't know if it's actually necessary to have another poll (for a Top 100 even, with EU in the mix?) but you may want to also comment about that.

Well check it out.

The best way to rank is just to have people vote for their Top 50 and to score it, but the list that was already generated was good so leave it alone and let Hasbro work at it!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    The best way to rank is just to have people vote for their Top 50 and to score it, but the list that was already generated was good so leave it alone and let Hasbro work at it!
    The problem with that method is that it can be kind of daunting to put together a list of 50 and then decide how you want to rank them. On the other hand, Tycho's method in the thread he linked to will have to rely on people sticking with it through a lot of rounds of voting.