Page 18 of 145 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Sora Bulq, but I'd like it to be noted that Bultar Swann is a very close second in case there's a "second chance" runoff in the future.

Dumb question: isn't "Hi-Yaa Girl" brunette, not blonde? I could be wrong.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

C-3PO - a regular sculpt, perhaps with mositure vaporator
    Padme Amidala - Arena fight, a resculpt of the ripped shirt version
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - wounded by Dooku's saber
    Master Yoda - a super-articulated sculpt with cloth robe, lightsaber
    Resculpts, resculpts, I just want some more characters. This is just more stuff that Hasbro will error on, and make us buy again.

Bultar Swan - Asian female Jedi
    Sora Bulq - Weequay Jedi who goes Dark Side later in comics
    Stass Allie - Adi Gallia's cousin that looks just like her
    Darra - the blonde Jedi girl that goes "Haa!" Could be Jedi Quest character
    Pablo Jill - the new for E2 alien as a Jedi. Rumored but not yet prototyped
    Dooku's pilot droid from hanger duel
    Actually I'm going to go for Dooku's pilot droid. So far they have done very poorly on Episode II Jedi, and I'm more anxious for the droid because it can't be messed up!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I'm going to pretend that the unconfirmed Pablo Jill is actually going to happen, to free up my vote here.

I'd love a C-3PO, especially with a moisture vaporator pack-in.

I'd buy everything else except for maybe Obi-Wan and a soft goods Yoda. I've never been a big fan of the soft goods.

I'm voting for Bultar Swan just edging out Dooku's pilot droid.

I've had enough of the generic blaster target Jedi.
    My top 3:
    C-3PO - definintley needs a resculpt, but there is the Deluxe one if necessary.
    Padme Amidala - Arena fight resculpt is also needed. The first shouldn't have ever been released.
    Master Yoda - super-articulated is cool in theory, but because of Yoda's size, terrible, this would look.

Padme gets my vote (yet again), for the reason stated above.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Dumb question: isn't "Hi-Yaa Girl" brunette, not blonde? I could be wrong.
    No you're right Chux, she was a brunette with tight braids accross the front of her hairline.

I like all of the Jedi choices this round but the most appealing to me is Sora Bulq. Generally I'd prefer to see the alien Jedi produced before the humans but it would be nice to eventually have them all.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

I am going to vote for Cleigg Lars and Naboo Clergyman .
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.

C-3PO - a regular sculpt, perhaps with mositure vaporator
    Padme Amidala - Arena fight, a resculpt of the ripped shirt version
    Bultar Swan - Asian female Jedi
    Sora Bulq - Weequay Jedi who goes Dark Side later in comics
    Stass Allie - Adi Gallia's cousin that looks just like her
    Darra - the blonde Jedi girl that goes "Haa!" Could be Jedi Quest character
    Pablo Jill - the new for E2 alien as a Jedi. Rumored but not yet prototyped
    Obi-Wan Kenobi - wounded by Dooku's saber
    Master Yoda - a super-articulated sculpt with cloth robe, lightsaber
    Dooku's pilot droid from hanger duel
    None of these really interest me at all, so LLTA vote: Dooku's Pilot Droid.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Padme Amidala - Arena fight definately. Can't have too many Padme's, can we?
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    None of these really interest me at all, so LLTA vote: Dooku's Pilot Droid.
    Whagt is LLTA?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Least likely to avoid.

JediTricks is not a completist to the best of my knowledge (but so what? - neither am I).

Now we've completed probably 99% of every conceivable prequel character seen on screen and offered them to each of you.

I did notice that there were more than several occasions when several of you were totally uninterested in background characters.

Star Wars action figure fans are a diverse lot:

1) some of you don't like the prequels, and could care less for many of these choices for that reason.

2) some of you just want the main characters, and like as nice of representations of them no matter if Hasbro takes several attempts to get them. (and they do that on purpose, no doubt!)

3) some of you create dioramas, and you need every single character including the Outlander Bartender, who possibly was never spotted on the final edit for screeing.

4) some of you just like really cool sculpting and detail work, and think some background scenery alien or a cool outfit change for Padme would produce something very unique and different from anything you've previously seen offered to own.

The larger the collection gets, the more dangerous these choices become:

- too much offerings from classic produce resculpts and re-cardings that people get sick of

- completists could quit for this reason - and every completist who leaves, hurts Hasbro of course

- obscure characters sell to die-hards, but unless they are easily common-use aliens (like you could use a few Whipids in scenes somewhere) - the single-time-only-scene-species, such as one of the Podracers, won't be selling like an army builder and could easily become a pegwarmer (Teemto Pegalles)

- parents and one-time-only giftgiving aunts and uncles, etc. will look for Darth Vader or Luke Skywalker to buy as presents because they don't want to chance that a kid they are purchasing for already has or doesn't like Watto (who the parent's never heard of).

There's a large dilemma Hasbro faces when selecting characters.

They probably classify their assortment parameters based on what they estimate profits would be by making:

x amount of core characters (re-cards, or resculpts)
    x amount of army builders
    x amount of for-the-fans-potential pegwarmers
    x amount of repaints for easier profit margins

Ephant Mon was not cheap for Hasbro to offer to us. To this day I think production of him was so much lower than that for other regular line figures. They can repaint C-3PO, and an accessory to Han Solo (like a cloth trench coat on the same pegwarming Shield Generator figure) - but there's nothing they can do with Ephant Mon, but possibly re-release him and chance it that everyone who didn't find it, still hasn't bought one off e-Bay and would support it if they saw him in the stores. (hmmm. Maybe I should offer Ephant as a re-card when we get to the ROTJ choices - just in case we should test that....)

Anyway, were only waiting on 3-4 votes right now. I think I should offer the next day's new round - the potential ULTRA FIGURES! Stand by...
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.