Page 19 of 145 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Hey, please check out my last post (previous page on your view probably) and offer your comments while we discuss the figures.

We've offered you 118 plus new potential basic figures covering almost everything seen in the prequels. We're just about to look at Classic StarWars' choices (run-offs and final prequel vote-counts will be later in case new people join us)

But we have to choose from these choices that could represent new figures in the ULTRA LINE:

Queen Amidala Theed Palace with Throne (desk and hidden weapons in chair)

Gardulla the Hutt with R5 droid or alien guard (you specify what you'd want)

Nute Gunray softgoods with mechanical spider-walker chair and holo-Sidious (not poseable)

Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon Jinn with battlewound, simulated fire like Unleashed Mace

Padme Amidala Nightgown with bed, crash-through window on partial wall, kohouns

Padme Amidala in backless dress with Naboo water-skimmer canoe vehicle

Jango Fett out of armor with part of apartment wall with closet and window simulating looking out to Kamino landing platform and Slave-One (includes removed armor one-piece prop)

Rickshaw droid with carrier coach (and maybe softgoods Padme in blue Tatooine outfit with midriff revealed)

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red from "Emergency Powers speech" with Chancellor's speaker platform (could hold 3 figures) and camera droid

Obi-Wan Kenobi as Dooku's Prisoner with Jedi Capture Device

Large Flying Droid from Geonosion Droid Foundry that catches C-3PO when he falls (might include 3PO resculpt)

Some of these choices are really hard.

I'll eliminate what's easier for me:

Obi-Wan - would be nice because I don't need the other characters in the TRU 4-pack, and I do want the detention device, but it's just not my first choice. The scene where Obi-Wan confronts Dooku with only words while he's being shocked as a prisoner of the Geonosions is still powerful though.

Palpatine would make a great figure, and this set should eventually happen, but we could just as easily get Palpatine carded wearing his red "emergency powers" garb.

Padme and her desk, Padme and her canoe? The canoe figure at least presents us with a character offered in our poll before, but still never from Hasbro. While the idea of the figure from the "first kiss" gets a second chance, it's not on the top of my list. It could also be a canoe with soft-goods Anakin, but since Padme was never made before, I thought it should be offered this way. The Throne Room Desk would help make a great diorama, but a Theed Throne Queen in softgoods would only resculpt a POTJ figure we already have, when how many Padme's have never been made? Make the other Padme's then come back and do this Ultra figure.

Gardulla the Hutt has never been offered, but hardly seems important. While I'd like other Hutts made, there were greater ones in the EU stories that would be cooler to have than Gardulla - and some of the other figures would be cooler too. Just thought I'd mention that.

Nute with the mecho-chair would be great. They would never give you 2 figures, such as recarding the vhtf Holo-Sidious figure. So the best way to get both is to make it so Nute can sit in the chair (softgoods) and make Sidious a salt-shaker this time. He doesn't need articulation for this scene anyway. This is a really solid choice IMO.

The Jango would offer a figure that actually won solid demand from this crowd participating here. An apartment playset is almost what we'd create with very simple parts of plastic and a sticker that Hasbro could offer up with Jango. It would make him coming out of armor a little sweeter, so it's a good idea to think about.

The Rickshaw droid with vehicle has been on a lot of people's radar for those who collect vehicles. But who could ride in it? Who does ride in it? Anakin and Padme. Either in these outfits would be a resculpt. Padme is seen on screen sitting in it more than Anakin is. But to use the coach, they'd have to be softgoods to sit down. Padme would offer more than Anakin, who we might see in softgoods anyway - as they like to re-release him in this outfit a lot as it is. So Padme's the less offensive choice and would offer 2 pieces of material in softgoods for her to actually sit down like a lady. Still, for this reason, the whole idea of resculpts of these characters, especially Padme in an outfit we have of her when there are like almost 20 outfits that we don't have of her, doesn't sit well with me. For this reason, I could almost care less if we never got a rickshaw. But I'd buy it for sure if they made it - with either passenger resculpted.

The Large Flying Droid from the Geonosian Foundry - with or without the C-3PO, would be the largest droid we've ever gotten in the entire SW collection I think! With 4 poseable arms, some droid factory equipment it was carrying, etc. - it would be a very impressive piece added to our collection - maybe with a clear stand to simulate it flying (instead of a string coming out of its head like some other droid...) This would be more than a solid appology for R2-D2! Dang this would be cool!

But I have to vote for Qui-Gon Jinn on the funeral pyre! Part of me just wants to see if they will make it -as I'd like a Darth Vader one too. I want to start a burning figure collection and who knows? We may one day also get Owen and Beru from their last scene too! But the way the Unleashed Mace figure's burning Jedi robe "on fire effect" was done, is more than inspirational to me to say that Hasbro could do an awesome job with this. The Qui-Gon figure could also be used separately to get stabbed through by Darth Maul. Maybe a replacement "plug" could be put in him to "heal" the hole so Qui-Gon could be useful as a Jedi Duel figure to new collectors that don't have a chance to find him in stores any more. But mostly, I really want to see if Hasbro would do this figure. I'd really buy it, and I am serious - as there were a LOT of really great Ultra figure ideas to choose from for the prequels.

You pick your favorite now!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Gardulla with Alien or droid.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Funeral Pyre Qui-Gonn would be interesting, but I just can't picture Hasbro releasing a dead action figure. My choice is Palpatine with Senate podium. It would be a very useful piece of scenery to ahve and a great way to get another Palpy out there. Amidala with throne would be a close second.

The only 2 that would interest me would be Queen Amidala with Throne or Palpatine with pod. Nute is tempting though.
    Both would be good for dioramas.

Palpatine and his pod gets my vote for the simple reason that we've already had that Queen and we haven't had that Palpatine.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

None of these excite me too much so I'm going off on my own and write in Genosian with artillery piece.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I guess I would choose the alien guard. Anakin's former owner - she is a significant character, not a different spin on a main character!

While I doubt that Hasbro would have the vision to release these items, it is a intriguing list.

Padme Amidala Nightgown with bed, crash-through window on partial wall, kohouns - This will never be made guarenteed. Hasbro will never release a Star Wars figure with a bed, it would be too controversial.

Funeral Pyre Qui-Gon Jinn with battlewound, simulated fire like Unleashed Mace
    Queen Amidala Theed Palace with Throne (desk and hidden weapons in chair)
    Jango Fett out of armor with part of apartment wall with closet and window simulating looking out to Kamino landing platform and Slave-One (includes removed armor one-piece prop)
    Padme Amidala in backless dress with Naboo water-skimmer canoe vehicle
    - These are the least exciting and should probably be released as a single carded figure.

Large Flying Droid from Geonosion Droid Foundry that catches C-3PO when he falls (might include 3PO resculpt)
    - I honestly thought this droid looked very weak and contrived in the film. I really have 0 interest in seeing this thing made!

Obi-Wan Kenobi as Dooku's Prisoner with Jedi Capture Device
    - Although I want Gardulla and the figures mentioned I don't think I would want it over the Rickshaw Nute with Spider and Palpatine with Senate pod!

Nute Gunray softgoods with mechanical spider-walker chair and holo-Sidious (not poseable)

Rickshaw droid with carrier coach (and maybe softgoods Padme in blue Tatooine outfit with midriff revealed)

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine in red from "Emergency Powers speech" with Chancellor's speaker platform (could hold 3 figures) and camera droid

These last three are some really tough choices. I would love to see Palpatine with a pod, Nute on his spider, and the Rickshaw. In the end I would buckle and kick Nute from the list because he would be softgoods, and then I would have to say choose Palpatine with platform because it would probably be the only way we would ever see the platform made!
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Most of these are uninteresting but I'll choose Nute Gunray with spider chair.

All sound cool, but my vote's for Gardulla, with a pack-in of either Diva Shaliqua or Diva Funquita, neither of whom will ever be made otherwise.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Dindae, the Geonosian with the Artillery Cannon was a great write-in!

I can't believe I forgot that one. They were going to release a cannon (of some quality or another) with the arena playset, then decided they had to cut costs. Remember the Geonosian detention device was going to also come with it.

So I can see Hasbro releasing this.

I was almost going to put the executioner's cart in the list too, but don't you think that'd be too big? If the animal that pulls it is a statue and unposeable, they might do it. But I think the whole thing would be better with a Geonosian Picador figure that could ride the ORRAY - that's what the creatures were called (alligator-dogs) - but with the working (rolling) cart, a POSEABLE Orray, AND a Geonosian or Padme figure that could ride the thing (read wide-hips sculpt, like speederbike figures) - they'd never offer this as an ULTRA Figure for 10 bucks. They'd want to charge $15-20 to justify their costs probably.

But the cannon's within their price points for an Ultra I'm sure - and it's prototyped or even produced somewhere.

Good call, Dindae.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.