Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Padme Handmaiden too.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Great new thread! My vote goes to Padme Handmaiden as well.

I'm surprised Tey Hwo isn't feeling the love here. I'll vote for him. Uh, her. It. Whatever.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Tey How or Handmaiden. But Tey How is first. Hasbro seems to have a knack for Neomodians.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Padme Handmaiden seems to have an uncatchable lead:

Padme 9
    Dauldry 2
    Tey How 2

I am basing the winner off the majority of 20 votes unless we see a huge influx of voters here. That being said, unless one of the Niemoidians gets 7 more votes, they won't catch Padme (kind of like the movie a bit, eh?) But I'm guessing the Niemoidians will likely split their vote. But they are great choices for figures too. This is a tough group to choose from.

The next bunch takes us all the way from our Escape From Naboo up to the time the lead characters spend on Coruscant.

I will do a separate group for soley Tatooine characters.

I will do a separate group for Galactic Senators.

Now Choose Your Most Wanted Figure From:

Captain Panaka (softgoods, removeable hat)
    Black Travel Queen (softgoods that can sit on Royal Starship Throne)
    Qui-Gon Jinn - Tatooine Poncho - molded plastic
    black Coruscant Guard (ethnic variation of the Senate Guard)
    Chancellor Valorum - brown business suit from landing platform
    Queen Amidala - PreSenate (yellow gown from Palpatine's Office)
    Sei Teria - Asian woman, Supreme Chancellor Valorum's aide
    Queen Amidala - Post Senate (black gown -Palpatine's office and Nute Gunray's arrest)
    Royal Handmaiden - dark purple gown - from Senate and Post Senate scenes
    Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral)

Choose!

This is another tough poll for me. It is sad that there are still incarnations of main characters that need to be made - or is it? Luke Stormtrooper from Kenner came out in 1985 - about 8 years after his appearance in that uniform in 1977 and figures started being made in 1978. But it's been 5 years since TPM was released, so you'd figure we'd get some more of the Queen's elaborate outfits since it seems only natural since she's the leading lady.

The softgoods resculpts I recommended would be useful with the Queen's Royal Starship - a really nice collection piece to set up with all your Naboo figures - so I for one see the merit in the soft stuff, even if they are not always that nice. But then again, look at POTJ and OTC Lando...

Still, figures never made before is the theme of our poll, so I'll go with figures really NEVER made before. And we're back to the need for more Amidalas.

That being said, I need 2 of the Post Senate figures and 2 of the Purple Gown figures for the scenes described above.

I have to say the Purple (Return to Naboo) Gown Amidala wins for me here, because we have nothing like her in our collections at all. It was a really tough choice for me between this one and the black. I still really need them both!
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-25-2004 at 01:06 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Put me down for Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo as well. The more Queen outfits, the better.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

My vote is for Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo. Her costumes are so elaborate and this particular version would look fantastic in plastic!

Panaka was tough to find the first time around, but not in need of a resculpt.

A great Qui-Gon figure would be nice, now that we've had some time since the glut of mediocre ones, but he's not necessary.

I think another Padme Amidala would be the best of this bunch, and am not wildly leaning toward any of these. So as not to split the vote, I'll go with "Return to Naboo" as well.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I don't much care about any of these, but I'll vote:

Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral)

Last round: Captain Dauldry Dofine

Current Round: Queen Amidala: Return to Naboo (purple travel gown)
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”