Page 44 of 145 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Fist off, JT, how long did it take you to write your last post? That's quite a catalogue of "no"s.

Another good list for TESB. I'm still voting for Hobbie as this is a pilot variation we've not seen before. Following him I would most like to have Treva Horme, The Black Bespin Guard, and Smuggler Lando. The Han w/torture rack really is an ultra. I just watched TESB again today, and that's a big piece of equipment. Recovery Room Luke and Leia should be some sort of Cinema Scene 3-pack.

For some of those involved in this poll, I'd like to recommend the following, though maybe this should be a seperate poll in its own:

Dack Ralter - Crushed by an AT-AT.
    Zev Senesca - Crashed Snow Speeder remains.
    Hoth Rebel Trooper - Turret explosion victim
    Jek Porkins - Exploding X-Wing damage
    Red Leader - Exploding X-Wing Damage
    Biggs Darklighter - Exploding X-Wing Damage
    Gold Leader - Exploding Y-Wing Damage
    TIE Fighter Pilot - Exploding TIE Fighter damage
    Jawa - Funeral Pyre
    Weequay - Sarlaac Digested
    Stormtrooper - Blasted in Face w/removable helmet
    Leia Organa - Kissed by a Wookiee

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    Jek Porkins - Exploding X-Wing damage
    TIE Fighter Pilot - Exploding TIE Fighter damage
    Stormtrooper - Blasted in Face w/removable helmet
    I'd like to see these as UnLeashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder in Mos Eisley)
    Hem Dazon, Arcona is first cantina alien you ever see
    General Tagge, Death Star conference room
    CZ-9, white Mos Eisley protocal droid, not part of the 3PO style line
    Colonel Wulf Yularan, Death Star conference room, white uniform
    dead Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru 2-pack, fried extra crispy
    R5D4 resculpted right
    Rebel flight control officer, Yavin Base
    Dannik Jerikko, Anzati vampire smoking pipe in cantina
    Tonnika Sister, Brea or Senni, not a 2-pack as we don't make that decision
    Han Solo Yavin Ceremony scene
    Bom Vimdim, Advoze from cantina scene
    Tonnika Sister (I really REALLY don't care which one they make, I'll just buy 2 and pretend they're both characters). My runner-up vote actually is really tough because I would want an R5-D4, and Hem Dazon is kinda iconic, and I'm confused about which Rebel flight control officer this is but I might vote for it as runner up either way. Luckily, I don't actually have to vote for a runner up!

So Tycho, which guy is the "Rebel flight control officer, Yavin Base", is it the one you previously referred to as Rebel Flight Deck Crewman (the one I wanted to come with an x-wing ladder) or the Rebel Tactical Control Officer (that you said should be an Ultra with tactical display of Death Star in firing range)?

Hey JediTricks! Thanks for that awesome rundown and the effort you put into it.

I hope you don't take offense that I used your want-lists as an example, but I counted up stuff and analyzed it. This does not take into consideration our choices for Ultra Figures.
    Sure thing, it was interesting to do. I wish I could have explained my feelings on more of 'em, but it just got silly after a while so I went with the short answers.

However, you misunderstood my ewok votes, the likelihood was only on the first 2, the other 5 were unlikely. And I would count Ultra Han Carbonite & Han Torture as basics in the list, since that's how I'd prefer they were done anyway. And I forgot to take into account any write-in candidates, so if anybody wants to throw those at me, I'll add 'em to my list and give my opinion.

And I'd also point out that I did choose over a quarter of your "still need to be done" figs, that's saying a lot from a prequel-disliker who isn't a completist, I counted 64 maybes or better including Ultras. And the line can still be padded by making big improvements to accessories and core characters (for example, as good as Luke Bespin OTC is gonna be, it's still stuck with that ugly-as-sin blaster and unappealing face and wonky gimmick/articulation). Plus, I have been tempted to buy figures I normally would have said "no way" to by either convenience (Ephant Mon) or personal interest factor (Total Control Mace), but then there's stuff like J'Quille and Rappertunie which push me away too so it's a tough call.

I don't really know how much longer I will last, the way Hasbro's been going downhill, with my recent inability to find HTFs & line-enders such as Saga's Madine wave, and a continued lack of vehicles and playsets whether Micro Machine or Action Fleet or 4"-scale, my interest is clearly waning now and will be hard to recapture (especially with the next year being 80% revisits of toys I already have).

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Uncle Owen, Beru Whitesun - (2 pack)
    PF, in AOTC, he's nobody's uncle.

BTW, I dare ANYBODY HERE to design a Dice Ebegon figure! How in the world is this thing supposed to look as a real living guy instead of just a bloody sock puppet?!?

Black Bespin Security Guard
    Lando Calrissian Smuggler's Gear
    Treva Horme - tall Cloud City alien
    General Veers - removeable Hoth armor
    Luke Skywalker recovery room, with hand repairs
    Torynn Far, lady Hoth Rebel Ion Cannon control
    Major Derlin
    Hobbie, Rogue Squadron
    Han Solo Torture Chair (also an Ultra choice)
    The Ice Cream Maker Guy (Bespin Escape)
    New Ugnaught
    Captain Needa (Imperial Star Destroyer Avenger)
    Luke recovery room. Runners up would be Han Torture and Veers.

I really do think that to do the Torture Chair justice, an ultra figure would work well for Han Solo.
    Why? How much articulation does this figure need? How much accessory does he need? I foresee a very empty Ultra bubble, akin to the Rieekan set (doesn't mean it won't sell, just that it'll be a tremendous rip-off at $10). Look at how much stuff Luke ROTJ gimmick came with or Luke Bespin, they're $5 basics and that's a LOT of stuff with those 2, I think as much if not more than Han Torture would need.

Quote Originally Posted by B'Omarr Monkey
    Fist off, JT, how long did it take you to write your last post? That's quite a catalogue of "no"s.
    Well "fist off" to you too! Let me put it to you this way, see my post before the one in question? I started my list post DIRECTLY after posting that. Granted, I was talking with my sister some of the time and it took me a while to track down my original posts (that's where originally quoting Tycho's poll options when voting came in the most handy). I went back and checked, it took nearly 2 hours to write, and yes, that is a lot of no votes unfortunately which sucks for me, but on the other hand, that's 64 maybes or very likely choices which is a good number.

Oh, and Dack was actually killed by stray AT-AT fire, he was dead by the time the AT-AT stepped on his corpse. Either that, or Luke is a far more pragmatic guy than I had imagined. (Last thing Luke hears before leaping out of the way of the AT-AT foot, "...snuh? Hey, what happened Luke? We're not moving. I shouldn't have tried to take on the Empire mysel- smoosh." and the last thing Dack heard from Luke was "oh, sorry, what? I didn't catch that, gotta run, talk to you later." )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Got some run offs to complete here:

Padme Handmaiden
    Queen Purple Gown
    Queen Celebration Gown
    Wookiee Senator
    Gragga the chubba vendor
    Kitster
    Wald
    Quadrinaros
    Daulty Dofine
    Ann or Tan Gella Twi'lek girl (not a 2-pack)
    E.T. Senator

I'm going to have to say Kitster just because of his screen time. We need this figure, second place would be Wald or Padme Handmaiden.

Cliegg Lars
    Jocasta Nu
    Sly Moore
    Jango Fett - out of armor
    Sora Bulq - Weequay Jedi Master
    Padme from Palpatine's office and apartment
    Padme in yellow from the waterfalls scene
    Count Dooku's pilot droid from the solar sailor
    Padme in her nightgown with removeable outer robe
    young Uncle Owen
    Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus - softgoods
    Naboo Clergyman that marries Anakin and Padme
    Clone Trooper - out of armor, red jumpsuit
    Padme traveling as a refugee on the freighter

Cliegg Lars here. I bet that figure would be cool. Jocasta is a real close second.

Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder in Mos Eisley)
    Hem Dazon, Arcona is first cantina alien you ever see
    General Tagge, Death Star conference room
    CZ-9, white Mos Eisley protocal droid, not part of the 3PO style line
    Colonel Wulf Yularan, Death Star conference room, white uniform
    dead Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru 2-pack, fried extra crispy
    R5D4 resculpted right
    Rebel flight control officer, Yavin Base
    Dannik Jerikko, Anzati vampire smoking pipe in cantina
    Tonnika Sister, Brea or Senni, not a 2-pack as we don't make that decision
    Han Solo Yavin Ceremony scene
    Bom Vimdim, Advoze from cantina scene

Dannik Jerikko or CZ-9 on this one. I have to go with Dannik even though I want CZ just as much.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Last runoff to catch up on:

Black Bespin Security Guard
    Lando Calrissian Smuggler's Gear
    Treva Horme - tall Cloud City alien
    General Veers - removeable Hoth armor
    Luke Skywalker recovery room, with hand repairs
    Torynn Far, lady Hoth Rebel Ion Cannon control
    Major Derlin
    Hobbie, Rogue Squadron
    Han Solo Torture Chair (also an Ultra choice)
    The Ice Cream Maker Guy (Bespin Escape)
    New Ugnaught
    Captain Needa (Imperial Star Destroyer Avenger)

For me there is only two figs that hit that ultimate desire spot. Lando in smuggler gear and Han Solo torture chair. I have to go with Lando. I have wanted him for years now and I am stunned he still isn't made.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

The Ice Cream Maker Guy!!!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

"I'm going to have to say Kitster just because of his screen time. We need this figure..."

Right on, Jaff.

I'll go with the black Bespin Guard.

Oh, a quick note I'll be camping this weekend and will be back Sunday afternoon.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

We'll we're at our last movie run-off, and the sequels are still mixed up in quite competitive races for their most wanted figures. Let's see if we'll get a clear decision in

RETURN OF THE JEDI - the runoff!

First, I'll give you the rundown on how all the voted for figures from ROTJ did, and then list who qualified for the elite group that makes the most priority figures we'd want - and from there we'll get the guys for the runoff.

We start with....

8 votes R2-D2 blasted at Endor Shield Bunker
    8 votes Mother Ewok with baby Wokling
    7 votes Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's Palace)
    7 votes Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander
    6 votes Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary (remake of vintage)
    6 votes Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    5 votes Luke Skywalker Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet)
    3 votes Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    3 votes Klaatu (remake of vintage Jabba's Palace figure)
    2 votes Han Solo Endor Gear (softgoods removeable trench coat)
    2 votes Luke Skywalker, Death Star II (neutral resculpt, s-articulation)
    2 votes R2-D2 lightsaber launcher - resculpt much improved
    1 vote Grey Leader, Asian Y-wing pilot
    1 vote older, white-beard Endor Rebel Soldier in Bikerscout disguise
    1 vote Keolkeech, Death's Head Ewok Warrior

There were 37 possibilities - the 15 figures above, all were at least the first choice desired for at least one of you, thus making each of the them on the list above at least marginally feasible.

Qualified for our runoff down to a 2-vote minimum, we come out with a Top 12

Choose the figure you want the most from Return of the Jedi out of:

R2-D2 blasted at Endor Shield Bunker
    Mother Ewok with baby Wokling
    Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's Palace)
    Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary (remake of vintage)
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Luke Skywalker Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet)
    Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    Klaatu (remake of vintage Jabba's Palace figure)
    Han Solo Endor Gear (softgoods removeable trench coat)
    Luke Skywalker, Death Star II (neutral resculpt, s-articulation)
    R2-D2 lightsaber launcher - resculpt much improved

I honestly think ROTJ had the most interesting list of possibilities in the greater group of 37, and Hasbro has a lot of chances at creating figures we want from this group here. I was disappointed that not as many figures as I wanted from "Jedi" made the longer list here, but it is an indication that as a group, we have clear priorities we're demanding from ROTJ to be created in plastic - and now.

So indicate your highest priority for a figure.
    Last edited by Tycho; 06-18-2004 at 12:49 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

There are a lot of good choices on the list. I will go with R2 Endor Bunker blast. The Ewoks are a close second, followed by Yarna.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten