Page 46 of 145 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

R2-D2 blasted at Endor Shield Bunker
    Mother Ewok with baby Wokling
    Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's Palace)
    Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary (remake of vintage)
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Luke Skywalker Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet)
    Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    Klaatu (remake of vintage Jabba's Palace figure)
    Han Solo Endor Gear (softgoods removeable trench coat)
    Luke Skywalker, Death Star II (neutral resculpt, s-articulation)
    R2-D2 lightsaber launcher - resculpt much improved

For me there is only one choice: Sim Aloo
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    BTW, I dare ANYBODY HERE to design a Dice Ebegon figure! How in the world is this thing supposed to look as a real living guy instead of just a bloody sock puppet?!?
    Uh huh. Just wait until you see this thing in a few years. It'll happen, just wait. (BTW, I think it's supposed to be a female. I can't stop laughing when I look at a picture of that thing now.)

OK. from the ESB runoff I'm gonna have to go with General Veers. I'd say that Needa is a close second for me. I'd take most of 'em though, and here's how...

Black Bespin Security Guard - (single)
    Lando Calrissian Smuggler's Gear - (single)
    Treva Horme - (single, or as a 3 pack/screen scene with Utris M'Toc and Wiorkettle.)
    General Veers w/ removable Hoth armor - (single)
    Torynn Far, Major Derlin - (As a 3 pack/screen scene with R5-M2. Mmm, how about a decent Echo Base playset as well?)
    Hobbie, Rogue Squadron - (Either as a single or as a pack-in with a snowspeeder. I like the second idea best.)
    Han Solo Torture Chair - (Yes, an ultra with sound and lights. )
    New Ugnaught - (2 pack?)
    Captain Needa - (single)

Notice, I left out Willrow Hood. Why? Frankly, I think that it would truly signify the end of this whole Star Wars toy thing if he ever got made into a figure. (Might even signify the end of the world.)

From the ROTJ runoff -- Wow, that's a tough one! I'll vote Yarna D'al Gargan, though Moff Jerjerrod and Hermi are real close.

Again, here's how I'd want 'em...
    R2-D2 Endor Shield Bunker - (single)
    Mother Ewok with baby Wokling - (single, or as a pack-in w/ Ewok Village playset. )
    Yarna dal Gargon - (6 pack... errr... single)
    Moff Jerjerrod - (single... or HEY, how about as a pack-in with a Death Star playset? )
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary - (single or 2/3 pack with other obscure Digs.)
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader - (single)
    Luke Skywalker Endor Gear - (single)
    Herme Odel - (single)
    Han Solo Endor Gear (softgoods removable trench coat) - (single)
    Luke Skywalker, Death Star II (neutral resculpt, s-articulation) - (single)
    R2-D2 lightsaber launcher resculpt - (single)
    Grey Leader, Asian Y-wing pilot - (3 pack/screen scene w/ other pilots)
    Keolkeech, Death's Head Ewok Warrior - (single or 2 pack w/ other Ewok)

For the prequel run off I choose the Handmaiden. Mainly because she is colorful. I want both badly so there is no good reason for one over the other.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

OK, Yarna dal Gargon won the Return of the Jedi by the margin. She's 2 votes up and LuciferSam's the only one with a vote out there left in that round.

Choose your most-wanted Prequel action figure:

Padme Handmaiden
    Cliegg Lars

To me, both of these have merit, though I'd buy like nearly 20 handmaidens for various scenes and to crew my Royal Starship. It'd easily be a successful figure for Hasbro. So yeah, I guess I'll vote.

Next, choose your most-wanted Sequel action figure:

Hem Dazon, Arcona from Cantina
    General Tagge, Death Star Conference Table
    Black Bespin Security Guard, remake of vintage Cloud City figure
    Han Solo screaming in Bespin Torture Chair, as a basic figure
    General Veers, from AT-AT with removeable Hoth Battle Gear
    Yarna dal Gargon, Jabba's Palace fat dancing girl

Only Return of the Jedi produced a clear winner. Empire Strikes Back had Lando in smuggler's gear as an initial round-winner, but he was overtaken by General Veers and Han Solo out of his own category. The Black Bespin Guard had won and is continuing to fight fiercely in his own right, but ESB should've had 1, not 3 figures here. Meanwhile ANH is almost as confusing: Wioslea was kicked out after being an initial round-winner, and CZ-3 who'd lost to him might've made our list, but there was nothing to compare CZ-3 with the very obvious clear support Tagge and Dazon had from all of you. Their winning margins were huge. And as I felt it was mostly a joke, I pulled Dead Uncle Owen and Cooking Aunt Beru.

I will indeed cast a vote in this round and throw my support behind the Mos Eisley Cantina Arcona, and strongly support Hem Dazon. Easily used as a background alien in many scenes, I like the idea of General Veers the next most, but he's nearly confirmed and I might buy 2 figures of him, versus 12 or so of the Arcona. (Don't get me wrong, Veers is my most-wanted Imperial followed closely by Jerjerrod. Tagge's like my 3rd or latter appeal).
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Padme Handmaiden

Hem Dazon the Arcona

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    If Hasbro continues to release 50 figures per year, you see my point: their selection choices could barely satisfy you over 1 year, even if they only produced what you asked them for.
    I don't think your point is very valid though because when you look at what Hasbro releases, most of it isn't the stuff we're seeing on your list, it's other stuff, revisits of core characters and the like. Honestly, I don't think this hobby is going to survive even 3 years after Ep 3 though, Hasbro is going to drive it into the ground just as Kenner did after ROTJ because there will be serious case problems which push away collectors and not enough core characters on shelves to keep the kiddie market.

I actually have seen a few decent looking customs on various sites. They depict Dice as looking somewhat like a raised serpent, more folded than coiled on the ground. I still say this should be the equivalent of Wol Cabashhite for a Cantina Patrons 3-pack.
    Well, let's see 'em. Sounds like a coil of dog doo to me though. And how would this be able to drink at a bar?

PF, nice avatar... sorta. Seriously, I think Dice looks dopey as hell and I really don't see how this would be a reasonable figure.

Padme Handmaiden
    Cliegg Lars
    Padme, no question. I'd guess that nearly 1/4th of the film has a handmaiden on-screen while Cliegg Lars is in that film for at most 5 minutes.

Hem Dazon, Arcona from Cantina
    General Tagge, Death Star Conference Table
    Black Bespin Security Guard, remake of vintage Cloud City figure
    Han Solo screaming in Bespin Torture Chair, as a basic figure
    General Veers, from AT-AT with removeable Hoth Battle Gear
    Yarna dal Gargon, Jabba's Palace fat dancing girl
    This is tough, I don't care about another human security guard or another Imp Officer that much, but the rest are all about even. Han is a version we've never gotten before which is awesome, Yarna is a character that adds a lot of flavor to her scene and has never been done before, Veers has never been done CORRECTLY before, and Hem Dazon is an iconic cantina denizen that's never been done before. Even if I just shot from the hip, it still comes up Hem Dazon & Han Torture - Hem is an interesting cantina alien while Han is a very interesting version of a core character that fits the bill as being tortured and then afterwards when he's dropped off in the cell. This is one where choosing doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'll vote for Han Torture since I would like to see this and it'd have cool accessories.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I guess I will go with Hem Dazon on this one.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I don't think your point is very valid though because when you look at what Hasbro releases, most of it isn't the stuff we're seeing on your list, it's other stuff, revisits of core characters and the like. Honestly, I don't think this hobby is going to survive even 3 years after Ep 3 though, Hasbro is going to drive it into the ground just as Kenner did after ROTJ because there will be serious case problems which push away collectors and not enough core characters on shelves to keep the kiddie market.
    What you wrote makes my point very valid. The 50-or-so figures on our never-made-before lists that would satisfy you can only last 1 year in 50-figures-per-year-releases. If Hasbro makes less than 50 NEVER MADE BEFORE figures and instead uses a combo or some of those and resculpts to boot, you - and everyone else here - would have to want "one more" Han in his black vest, Luke Tatooine, Leia with the buns, Chewie (as if it could be much different) etc. - and multiples of them. Or obviously, you won't be a completist - but instead become further and further from it.

When it later gets to the point where you only buy 10 or less figures out of 50 per year or so, you'll lose interest in the hobby, and eventually miss Yarna dal Gargon because you won't even know they made her, when you only check a SW website once a month or less so. (I exagerrate, but..)

People used to the excitement of chasing down new figures etc. will start making hasty decisions - such as to sell their entire collections just because there is nothing new. They obviously will be removed from the market by their own choice, when Sgt. Doallyn finally comes out, and there's no reason to buy him if they no longer own a Chewie and Leia Boussh. (many people make irrational decisions - and some have very rational desires to unload their collections and change their interests and start with a spacious, fresh home all anew).

Rightly so, you said the hobby has probably 3 years. Sure. Episode 3 will produce 50 figures, while the per-movie average is about 80-100, so it will take 2 years to crank out most of the Episode 3 figures.

Again, the hobby continues so long as it is resculpts which will turn off a lot of Hasbro's support from completists, and the occasional few, obscure never-made-before figures you detest, like Lando Smuggler.

But assume all 211 figures never-made-before that we voted on here did get produced. That's 4 years of those, and 2 years of Episode 3 choices.

6 years added to 2004, is 2010.

And by 2010 everything will have been produced!

Adding the usual core-character resculpts for the next wave of kids ages 4 & up (which the OTC collection has shown us to be about 30 figures, and I expanded upon to include prequel re-releases to about 100 figures), that'd only make for 50 figures in 2010 and 2011, and 36 figures in 2012 with the line dying there.

Resculpts / re-releases we might see in those years which are not on our list, but would be necessary for new 4-year olds to have all the basics to play Star Wars.

Figures like Luke and Leia Endor are not on this list, because they are on OUR list that we voted on. Hasbro's re-release list might look like this -and stretch the life of the line out to 2012 - with not every piece being something new and exciting from our list, because each year it would inevitably include some portion of these:

1) Han
    2) Han Bespin
    3) Han Hoth
    4) Luke Tatooine
    5) Luke Pilot
    6) Luke Hoth
    7) Luke Bespin
    8) Leia white
    9) Leia Ceremony
    10) Leia Hoth
    11) Leia Bespin Escape
    12) Leia Boussh
    13) Leia Ewok Princess
    14) Chewie
    15) Chewie Hoth
    16) Chewie Chains
    17) Obi-Wan white robes
    18) Obi-Wan Death Star mission
    19) C-3PO
    20) C-3PO removeable limbs
    21) R2D2
    22) R2D2 sensorscope
    23) Vader - basic
    24) stormtrooper
    25) Sandtrooper
    26) snowtrooper
    27) Bikerscout
    28) Lando - Bespin
    29) Lando - skiff
    30) Lando - General
    31) Boba Fett -ESB
    32) Boba Fett - ROTJ
    33) Yoda
    34) IG-88
    35) Bossk
    36) Dengar
    37) 4-LOM
    38) Zuckuss
    39) Tarkin
    40) Imperial Officer
    41) AT-AT Driver
    42) TIE pilot
    43) AT-ST Driver
    41) Imperial commander
    42) Rebel Fleet Trooper
    43) Rebel Hoth
    44) Rebel Endor
    45) Admiral Ackbar
    46) Mon Mothma
    47) Bib Fortuna
    48) Gamorrean
    49) Nikto
    50) Barada
    51) Klaatu
    52) Ree-Yees
    53) Tessek
    54) EV-9D9
    55) 8D8
    56) Ponda Baba
    57) Dr. Evezan
    58) Greedo
    59) Momaw Nadon
    60) Tusken Raider
    61) Jawa
    62) Anakin (child)
    63) Obi-Wan (TPM)
    64) Qui-Gon
    65) Padme Tatooine
    66) Queen - Hanger Battle
    67) Queen - black travel
    68) Queen - Senate
    69) Darth Maul
    70) JarJar
    71) Battle Droid
    72) C-3PO naked
    73) Ric Olee
    74) Watto
    75) Darth Sidious
    76) Senator Palpatine
    77) Destroyer Droid
    78) Nute Gunray
    79) Ruune Haako
    80) Captain Panaka
    81) Sebulba
    82) Shmi Skywalker
    83) Sio Bibble
    84) Captain Tarpals
    85) Mas Ameeda
    86) Bail Organa
    87) Dexter Jettster
    88) Geonosian Warrior
    89) Padme Wedding
    90) Elan Sleezebagano
    91) Zam Wessel
    92) Jango Fett
    93) Boba Fett
    94) Wat Tambor
    95) Poggle the Lesser
    96) Ki Adi Mundi
    97) Mace Windu
    98) Clone Trooper
    99) Clone Pilot
    100) Lama Su
    101) Taun We

I'm sure I forgot some stuff, but that about covers the basics for figures we really would receive as repetitions in our collection for sure.

So, will you collect until 2010? 2012?

Will you stay with it, but skip resculpts and re-cardings that are inevitable?

Do you want to stop collecting Star Wars sooner? Why?

Not all our 211 possiblities were wanted. We've shown that only half of them were in really wanted in our last analysis.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm gonna be sticking with Star Wars until they finish releasing movie-related figures. My guess is that by 2007 the movie line will be pretty much dead, especially if the rumored tv show does well. That would be fine with me. I like to display my Star Wars stuff. Luckily I have a huge basement, but I would like an end at some point so I can consentrate on filling in holes. I'm just hoping that by that time we will have seen a few more figures from these lists that we've made.

Oh, and out of the 101 likely re-releases we'd see over the next 6 years (to allow for kids and new collectors) there is NOT 1 I'd likely see myself buying no matter how they card it, what articulation is next added, and so forth.

I have these figures in some form already. I don't want more. That's the end of it.