Page 47 of 145 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Padme Handmaiden
    Cliegg Lars

Cliegg Lars for the Prequel figure. He would be a very nice figure with his chair and all.

Next, choose your most-wanted Sequel action figure:

Hem Dazon, Arcona from Cantina
    General Tagge, Death Star Conference Table
    Black Bespin Security Guard, remake of vintage Cloud City figure
    Han Solo screaming in Bespin Torture Chair, as a basic figure
    General Veers, from AT-AT with removeable Hoth Battle Gear
    Yarna dal Gargon, Jabba's Palace fat dancing girl

I'm gonna have to go with Yarna because an Imperial officer over an alien figure is no good, and the Han and Bespin dude would be cool but not as saught after as the Yarna or Hem.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

I'm voting for the Handmaiden and Yarna by a narrow margin over Hem Dazon, simply because this far, the Jabba's throne room characters are more plentiful and it would be easier to fill in that diorama than the cantina.

I'm sticking with this hobby to the bitter end, even if it is a bitter end. I've come this far, and I actually regret stopping with the vintage line right before the last, and now very expensive, final wave. That said, I am looking forward to the day that this collecting rat race is over, where I can leiesurely pursuit one or two items at a time, over time, and feel that I can pay a bit more for a single item because I won't have to worry about coughing up $40+ every month or so on teh new stuff that it seems I can never find.

JT, I will post some picks of Dice Ibegon later if I can. Weirder than wondering how this thing drinks is that in the EU LFL approved a story that this lamprey and Lak Sivrak hooked up at the bar and beacme a couple. I don't know what the wolfman was drinking that afternoon, but clearly Wuher should have cut hi off hours earlier.

I always wondered how those astronauts way in the background on the Tonnika sisters side of the bar drank, or Nabrun Leids for that matter. They are clearly wearing environment suits and aren't oxygen breathers. It's not like they're taking off their helmets for refreshments.

So B'Omarr and JediMarvin, the question I'm asking is, will you be buying:

a new improved Qui-Gon in the identical outfit as 1999's "Naboo version?"

or the same figure, recarded, either in a mock-vintage style, or in an action background scene like the OTC?

How about Han Solo in his vest? By 2007, it will be 3 years since the latest 2 versions we're finding in the stores this year had been released - so out will come Han from Hasbro again. Are you game for it?

Obviously, whenever he's offered you'd pick up Hem Dazon.

But in terms of production and shipping costs, making case assortments profitable, can you honestly enjoy supporting Hasbro by buying Darth Maul again, with Han and Qui-Gon?
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I dont really mind what figures hasbro makes as long as they arent the same old crap we have been getting for so long. I allways like new Imperials.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

I plan to go down with the ship as well. I don't believe it will go much past three years unless the number of figures per year drop significantly. If the hobby does go until 2010 then I will probably give up on recarded figures because if the current trend continues there will be many more of them but also I am running out of room. I recently cleared out my closet of all my loose stuff to put in the garage so I could use the extra wall space in there to hang new figures. That will only buy me a year after that I may box up my variations for lack of room.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Cleigg and Torture rack Han.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    So B'Omarr and JediMarvin, the question I'm asking is, will you be buying:

a new improved Qui-Gon in the identical outfit as 1999's "Naboo version?"

or the same figure, recarded, either in a mock-vintage style, or in an action background scene like the OTC?

How about Han Solo in his vest? By 2007, it will be 3 years since the latest 2 versions we're finding in the stores this year had been released - so out will come Han from Hasbro again. Are you game for it?

Obviously, whenever he's offered you'd pick up Hem Dazon.

But in terms of production and shipping costs, making case assortments profitable, can you honestly enjoy supporting Hasbro by buying Darth Maul again, with Han and Qui-Gon?

Anything that is simply recarded, I pass on. This includes the upcoming OTC carded figures. It doesn't matter how nice the cards are since I open them anyway. If I have the figure, i don't need a second.

That said, I will be picking up the OTC Bespin Luke and Scout Trooper, because I only ever found the "dirty" trooper and want a clean one, and because I think this version of Bespin Luke looks better, so i consider it an upgrade.

Resculpts I play by ear. One of the reasons that I tend to buy the resculpts of the primary characters is that they tend to be superior to previous versions, mostly because of improved sculpting and manufacturing technology. Can anyone deny that the commtech Han is far and above the best Han in terms of capturing his likeness. Sure we're all sick of him now, but it's a great figure. I also like to have a physical record of the improvements.

Right now I'm a completist, but if money becomes tight, or if the resculpts start getting out of hand, to the point where Hasbro is redoing every charac ter from the beginning again, without a proportionately larger number of new previously unmade figures, I may concentrate only on the new characters. When Hasbro gets to the end and we see the icecream maker guy and moisture farmer #3, I'm out. If someone else puts out new SW figures, or Hasbro decides that the 6" or 8" scale will allow for better toys, I will ignore these new figures.

What's kept me involved as long as I have is the fact that we've been getting such a diversity of characters. I don't mind the occassional Han resculpt as long as we're still getting characters like R4-M9, Captain Antilles, and Djas Puhr. More than even the stories themselves, I have always been drawn into the look of SW that lived in, dents and dirt look that was absent from previous SF movies. This is why I want the "seen for two seconds" characters.

JediTricks, here are your lamproids:

Dice Ibegon #1

Dice Ibegon #2

These came from THE FORGOTTEN FORCE ULTIMATE RESOURCE GUIDE site.

At this point, I too am a completest. I would always be willing to pick up new sculpts of figures. As far as repacks, the jury is still out on OTC. Some the repacks I willd effinatly pick up like Bespin Luke, Stormtrooper and Biker Scout. I'm not sure yet about the straight repacks like Bib and especially the newere ones like Lando General. At this point I'll play it by ear. I ahve time....I ahven't even seen the Endor wave yet, elt alone OTC.

Quote Originally Posted by dindae
    I am running out of room.
    I am to... Is there anyone who isnt??? I liked the guy with his SW stuff in his basement but I dont have a basement.
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush