Page 49 of 145 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

The list is only about 50% right for me. I definately would have flushed it out with more cantina, jabba palace, and possibly podracers. I love adding aliens to my cantina/jabba's palace dioramas. And while I want some more Padmes I don't think 6 would make my top 45.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I vote Cliegg and Gargan. But I would rather have Hem Dazon than Cliegg!

As far as our "ultimate list", there are more prequel figures than I would like. I would rather have almost any new classic trilogy figure than most prequel figures. However, I would buy all of these figures. And I could do without so many Padmes.

If I could only have Ten more Star Wars figures they would be, in order:
    Gargan, Dazon, Cliegg, Owen, Beru, Tonnikas, Dannik Jerriko, Hermi Odle, Myo, and Jabba's Guard that shot Luke. If they finish the line without doing Gargan, Dazon, Cliegg, Owen, and Beru I will just be sick.

For me, the more Jabba's Palace and cantina characters the better. They are the most untapped resource for new and original figures.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    (Hey, BTW... what day are you going to comic-con?)
    I plan on going every day to Comic Con. The best place for SirStevesGuide fans to meet up with one another will be FRIDAY: STAR WARS DAY.

I'll be wearing my black collared SSG Staff shirt, as for the Con, Steve put me back on Staff temporarily for some Comics and Books reporting.

DO NOT BE SHY, as it'll be one of the only days everyone on this site has a reason to all be together - we all collect the toys, and we all have an interest in the production of new stuff such as Episode 3 and the majority of the things on this list.

So I, and hopefully Steve, will try and be the early birds to the meeting room, and I'll try to be the last one to leave there, too. (Trouble with SW day is that there is usually a Del Rey, Lucasfilm, or Dark Horse event like immediately after Hasbro's, and it keeps you all running on a quick schedule).

Anyway, with regards to Padme figures . She is a main character, and consequently, needs to be kept available on the pegs like Obi-Wan, Anakin, Dooku, and Jango. Kids can't "Play" AOTC without a chance to rescue the Senator - a large part of the point of the whole movie. Why keep making Padme in the same outfit? With her wardrobe, it's easy enough to vary it a bit. Now, there are 2 things to contend with: a) will female action figures sell well? (I don't see SW hampered by female figures, including Aay Vida the Twi'lek girl. Leia Ewok Princess and Mon Mothma were the last two great female pegwarmers that I recall); b) Padme in her particular outfits are not "action figures" in the same vein as some other female figures like Aayla Secura and Bariss Offee. However, on our list is Jocasta Nu and Beru Whitesun, and while they are not more Padme figures, they are non-action human gals who like Shmi Skywalker, will probably sell very well.

Padme's outfits from TPM were easily enough chosen, although I'd have also liked the Pre-and-Pose Senate costumes for her as Queen Amidala.

However, the AOTC outfits that made the list were only half good. I like the Yellow Dress from the Waterfall, but the Black Leather Temptation and the Backless Forbidden Kiss outfits would have both been colorful, and more decorative than her refugee outfit with that weird orange lace stuff hanging on her from the freighter. "Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi." Her outfit there didn't quite ring well with me, and maybe it was only minus-the-lace, but it looks slightly better when she's with Queen Jamilla and walking with Anakin "I was relieved when my 2 terms were up, but when the Queen asked me to serve as Senator..." In any case, I'm very glad the Senator figure (Palpatine's Office, Padme's Apartment) and the Nightgown outfit (Kohoun attack, Balcony on Naboo) did make our list, as they are both interesting and crucial.

So with 20-some Padme possibilities, we really did do a good job sorting through them and coming up with 7 of them that they ought prioritize doing.

Cantina aliens are obviously one of the best sources of original sculpts. For sure, none can beat their category's winner, Hem Dazon the Arcona, but we could have a cantina list run-off, then introduce each winner to our list under the Arcona, and see if for example, it could beat Moff Jerjerrod, and if not, Lando Calrissian, smuggler's gear.

We could try the same with Jabba's Palace.

Star Wars presents some interesting categories that the scene-by-scene approach only brushes on the surface, since the same scene's winner can push out others with whom they share the camera.

Some of those scenes are:

Niemoidians/Trade Federation
    Naboo personnel
    Gungan civilians
    Podracers
    Senators
    Club Outlander
    Dexter's Diner
    Separatists
    Rebel Personnel (Imperial Officers did quite well on our list -we got the cream of the crop)
    Cantina Aliens
    Cloud City patrons (we did sort out the 2 most wanted, Black Guard, Treva Horme)
    Jabba's Palace (I think we found the Top 2 Ewoks quite nicely, but there might be more wanted before Wald or Kitster?)

So like I said, one of the best ways to sort them into our list would be to remove the winners already on the list (Black Bespin Guard, Chief Chripa) and seeing how the rest do in their categories (Lumat, Paploo, etc.)

Then introduce them to the list, under their respective leaders (that is, no Jabba Denizen would compete at a level higher than Yarna, as we already know that outcome and answer).

In addition to the Ultras, that is a direction we can now further explore.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I enjoy your games, Tycho. You want us to vote on the next most wanted cantina alien or Jabba's Palace creature I'd love to play along!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    I enjoy your games, Tycho. You want us to vote on the next most wanted cantina alien or Jabba's Palace creature I'd love to play along!
    I second that.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Soon. LuciferSam and Chuxter have to decide on Padme or Cliegg, and the Sequel Figure Champion, etc.

Then I thought we'd take a break and go back to Ultras for a short while.

Heck...why not?

The Most Wanted Ultra Figures Were:

PREQUELS

4 votes Gardulla the Hutt (TPM)
    4 votes Palpatine on Chancellor's Platform (AOTC)
    2 votes Qui-Gon Jinn funeral pyre
    2 votes Nute Gunray on spiderwalker chair, with Holo Sidious pre-posed

SEQUELS

5 votes Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair
    4 votes Emperor Palpatine with Throneroom chair, window, stairs
    3 votes Torryn Farr with Hoth Ion Cannon Control Counsel
    3 votes Ultimate Han Solo Carbon Frozen

Bespin Han Tortured really won the Sequel vote outright. But the Top 4 are pretty good choices.

The Top 4 on the Prequel votes are equally well-chosen, however, I wouldn't be surprised if a run-off settled things there.

Vote or discuss the issue.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I vote:

GARDULLA THE HUTT and TORRYN FARR

For me, these are the only choices. I'd rather have an all new character than an already sculpted figure with additional features.

So Tycho, I'm confused who won the per movie runoffs:

Did Padme Handmaiden win the Phantom Menace?
    Cliegg win Attack of the Clones?
    Dazon won A New Hope (last I saw the runoff was a tie between CZ-9, Tagge, Dazon, and Beru- did someone break the tie)?
    Who won Empire? (last I saw it was a tie between Veers-Bespin Guard and Torture Rack Han- did someone break the tie)
    Gargan won Jedi?

For the ultras I'm voting for Gardulla the Hutt with the spider chair a close second, though I'd prefer the spider chair over Han w/Torture Rack which is my choice for the PT ultra.

As for the cantina patrons debate, the problem is that when we were asked to choose only one character from a list, all of the cantina patrons were on that same list, so it is really not surprising that the votes all ended up they way they did. We had to choose the cantina patron we wanted above all others if only one were ever to be made.

I think one way to get around this is for everyone to supply a top ten list (or even top 5) of the cantina patrons they most want, and then just like in the other polls, make up a list with those that appear most often on the lists. Granted, this makes it a sure thing for characters like Dannik Jerricho and Hem Dazon, but not so certain for Tzizvvt.

Here are my top ten cantina patron choices:

1. Brea and Senni Tonnika
    2. Dannik Jericho
    3. Mosep
    4. Feltipern Trevagg
    5. Miyoom Onith
    6. Bom Vimdim
    7. Myo
    8. Hem Dazon
    9. Elis Helrot
    10. Saurin (which I think can be packed with Rycar Ryjerd)

I would also really like to see a sculpt of Dr. Evazan that looks like him, but would prefer new characters to resculpts. I also recognized that i cheated here by including the Tonnika Sisters as one choice, but all of us who want them want both of them,even if they only actually sculpted one of them. Of course there are other cantina patrons I would like, but this is supposed to be a top ten.

Well I was on vacation for the past week and missed the run-off's but I'll still throw in a couple of votes and maybe break a tie.

Prequel: Cliegg Lars

Sequel: Yarna D'al Gargan

Ultra Prequel: Nute Gunray on spiderwalker chair, with Holo Sidious pre-posed

Ultra Sequel: Emperor Palpatine with Throneroom chair, window and stairs
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

B'Omarr Monkey, my Top Ten cantina aliens, in order, are:

1. Hem Dazon the Arcona
    2. Tonnikas (I don't care which - I'll buy two)
    3. Dannik Jeriko
    4. Myo
    5. Feltiperm Trevagg the Gotal
    6. M'iiyoom Onith, the H'nemthe (Nightlilly)
    7. Bom Vimdim the Advosze
    8. Reegesk the Ranat
    9. Hrchek Kal Fas the Saurin
    10. Dice Ibegon

I'd also really like: Garouf Lafoe the Snitch, Rycar Ryjerd the little person, Trinto Duaba, a blue Snaggletooth, Melas the pipesmoking lizard and anyone else they want to give us!