Page 50 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Well, I have to hand it to myself for letting this thread get pretty disorganized. I must have gotten too over-excited.

The Phantom Menace Winner was Padme Handmaiden.

The Attack of the Clones Winner was Cliegg Lars.

The total prequel movie winner is tied between Padme and Cliegg, only LuciferSam and El Chuxter have a vote left.

The A New Hope Winners were tied between Hem Dazon and General Tagge. CZ-3 got in there in the run-off's shortlist, but wasn't an individual round winner (didn't beat Wioslea in the first place), so I threw him out. The droid ranks highly, but against Hem Dazon and Tagge, he wouldn't compete. Beru and Owen fried crispy was a good running joke, but they're not action figures, nor really viable for Hasbro to produce, so they were disqualified as my vote.

The Empire Strikes Back winners were Lando Smuggler and the Black Bespin Guard, but General Veers and Han Solo Torture Chair (basic carded) overtook Lando in the run-off group, so I let them all in since they tied the Black Bespin Guard, and figured all but one would be eliminated in the larger sequel finalist group.

For Return of the Jedi, Yarna dal Gargon won the popular vote outright.

In the larger Sequel Finalist Group, Yarna is also winning right now, one vote ahead of Hem Dazon for reasons I can't fathom myself.

Again, Chuxter and LuciferSam are the only ones with votes still out.

If you all want to continue posting your top Cantina lists, I'll average them all out and choose the most frequent for run-ins at the entire list (competing at a level below Hem Dazon of course).

Meanwhile, I'll watch the Most-Wanted Ultra Figure. The Prequel ones might be tied, but Han Solo is the choice for the Classic ones. You should be voting from both short lists (a total of 8 figures, half and half) for the one you want the most. (So yes, Torryn Farr votes count but only make a difference if the majority want her over Han and any Prequel figure). Hopefully this will sort things out with Gardulla and Palpatine as well.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Tycho, I don't find this thread unravelling into disoraganization. You've been on top of reporting the winning tallies. There have been a number of tangents that have run off in several directions here (many of which I take full responsibility) but that's to be expected, and most of them have dealt with the main topic at hand, so all in all, this thread is a success in my eyes.

HEM DAZONE, HEM DAZON, HEM DAZON

if I haven't voted already

I got lost somewhere's in here....

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Ultras, ultras, ultras...

PREQUEL: Palpatine on Chancellor's Platform (AOTC)
    A key character and a key scene.

SEQUELS: Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair
    I almost want Torryn Farr more, but if this Han Ultra is done right, then I'd love to have it.

Gardulla for the Prequels and Han for the OT. I am just afraid Torryn Farr will end up like Riekaan and be overpriced.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

for the ultras I will choose. Palpatine for prequels and Torynn for sequels.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    ...and try to figure out what kind of basic Han Solo or Princess Leia with the buns JediTricks would buy beyond what should be the perfect verison in the v-OTC collection they're releasing now
    Actually, I don't think these Vintage OTC figs are going to be all that great, even if we assume Hasbro will give them great paint. The faces don't look all that dead-on, some of the articulation looks odd, some of the soft-goods figs don't look so nice, and there's always the price issue. I think basic figures still have a lot of room to grow even just based on current designs we've seen turned into plastic lately, and I don't think Vintage will be the end-all/be-all for these characters (which is a positive thing to me).

What do you think? How well does this list represent you?
    Going over your list, here's what I think of these figs...
    Padme Handmaiden - definitely buy
    Queen Amidala Purple Return to Naboo - very unlikely to buy
    Queen Amidala white Theed Celebration - very unlikely to buy
    Senator Yarua - Wookiee - possibly buy
    Cliegg Lars - possibly buy
    Black Bespin Security Guard - not likely to buy
    R2D2 Shield Bunker exploded - definitely buy
    Mother Ewok with baby Wokling - possibly buy
    Jocasta Nu - very unlikely to buy
    Wioslea - very unlikely to buy
    Arcona, Hem Dazon - definitely buy
    General Tagge - possibly buy
    Yarna dal Gargon, Jabba's Fat Dancer - probably buy
    Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander - probably buy
    Sly Moore - very unlikely to buy
    Jango Fett out of armor - definitely buy
    Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear - not likely to buy
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    - not likely to buy
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary - not likely to buy
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader - possibly buy
    Gragga Chubba Vendor - probably buy
    Padme from Palpatine's Office, Senator
    - not likely to buy
    Sora Bulq, Weequay Jedi - very unlikely to buy
    Luke Skywalker Endor Gear
    - definitely buy
    Wald - very unlikely to buy
    Kitster - very unlikely to buy
    Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer - very unlikely to buy
    Padme in yellow from the Waterfalls - very unlikely to buy
    Dooku's Pilot Droid - possibly buy
    CZ-3 from Mos Eisley Spaceport - possibly buy
    Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian - very unlikely to buy
    Ann / Tan Gella, Twi'lek girls - very unlikely to buy
    ET Senator - not likely to buy
    Padme in her Nightgown - very unlikely to buy
    Padme as refugee from freighter - probably buy
    Clone Trooper in red, out of armor - probably buy
    Young Owen Lars - very unlikely to buy
    Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus Softgoods - definitely buy
    Naboo Clergyman, marries Anakin and Padme - very unlikely to buy
    R5D4 - definitely buy
    Colonel Wulf Yularen, Imperial Conference Table - possibly buy
    General Veers - definitely buy
    Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    - very unlikely to buy
    Herme Odel - very unlikely to buy
    Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair - definitely buy

So in order to answer your question about your list, I've done the math:

• 9 of 'em are ones I'd definitely buy without hesitation.
    • 4 are figs I'd probably buy.
    • 9 more are ones I'd possibly buy, but I'd have to consider them first.
    • 6 figures in your list are not likely to be bought by me, they'd have to be pretty good or under the right circumstances to come home with me.
    • and a staggering 17 figs in your list are very unlikely that I'd buy 'em, they'd have a hard fight to get me to drop $5 on 'em.
    I'd say that your list doesn't represent my interests very well at all, with 23 figures being unlikely to interest me and only 22 have any real possibility (with over 1/3rd having no guarantees that I'd be interested). That's just me though.

As for the rest of this thread, it seems to be descending into Hasbro-esque madness. "Here's a bunch of figures you guys want, choose one and risk the rest never getting made", I'm kinda sick of Sophie's SW Choice from Hasbro, so I'm not interested in playing "which figure is the most popular unmade figure?". I think it'd be more interesting to find out who are the most popular of the LOSERS, the bottom half that we aren't hearing from at this point.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Actually, I don't think these Vintage OTC figs are going to be all that great, even if we assume Hasbro will give them great paint. The faces don't look all that dead-on, some of the articulation looks odd, some of the soft-goods figs don't look so nice, and there's always the price issue. I think basic figures still have a lot of room to grow even just based on current designs we've seen turned into plastic lately, and I don't think Vintage will be the end-all/be-all for these characters (which is a positive thing to me).
    I am in agreement on the VOTC figures. Ben Kenobi's soft goods represent everything that I don't like about soft goods. His clothes look like they would fit better on a 12" figure. Lando's cape looks like he slung a stiff rug over his shoulders by mistake. Luke, Ben, Leia, Yoda and the Stormtrooper all have less than accurate likenesses. Luke and Leia look a bit cartoony. Leia's got a really long neck, and they should have used the new spirit Ben's head, as this is the first head that even resembles Alec Guiness. Yoda looks more like Wallace Shawn than Yoda. The articulation seems like it will be a plus though. I'm still planning on getting them and hoping that in person they are better than in the photos. If not, they may be the exception to my rule of openeing all my figures.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    I think it'd be more interesting to find out who are the most popular of the LOSERS, the bottom half that we aren't hearing from at this point.
    I think this is a good idea as well. Since we were only allowed to choose one figure from each group, it's highly likely that many of us saw our second choice figures completely passed over by other voters.

OK, I've got this organized...

El Chuxter

LuciferSam

:

Choose between Cliegg Lars and Padme Handmaiden.

Choose 1 from:

Arcona Hem Dazon
    General Tagge
    Black Bespin Guard
    Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair (as a basic figure)
    General Veers
    Yarna dal Gargon

El Chuxter

Rocketboy

JediMarvin

JediTricks

LuciferSam

Deoxyribonucleic

Jaff

Choose your favorite Prequel and Sequel Ultra Figure suggestion.

PREQUELS

Gardulla the Hutt (TPM)
    Palpatine on Chancellor's Platform (AOTC)
    Qui-Gon Jinn funeral pyre
    Nute Gunray on spiderwalker chair, with Holo Sidious pre-posed

SEQUELS

Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair
    Emperor Palpatine with Throneroom chair, window, stairs
    Torryn Farr with Hoth Ion Cannon Control Counsel
    Ultimate Han Solo Carbon Frozen

Then we can move on....
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

For the Ultras I'll go with Palpatine Senate and Han Carbonite. Once again, though I'd love to see them all. I really hope Hasbro continues with the Ultra line in some form.