Page 53 of 145 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Well he is my list. Not to different from anyone else.

1) Myo - the Abyssan
    2) Bom Vimdim - the Advose
    3) Elris Helrot - the Givin
    4) Reegesk - the Ranat
    5) Feltipern Trevagg - Gotal
    6) The Tonnika Sisters (whichever, since we can't authorize a 2-pack)
    7) M'iiyoom Onith - the H'nemthe
    8) Brainiac
    9) Tzizvvt - the Brizzit
    10) Herchek Kal Fas - the Saurin
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

So what happens to those of us who don't actually want 10 of these? I'm just putting in order the ones I'd have any interest in...

1. Tonnika sister (either)
    Hmm... well, I didn't realize that list would be so short when you took out Hem Dazon & Kitik (who is confirmed now for mass-release in a 3pack). I honestly thought there'd be 3 or 4 from the original options on this thread. I even went back to my original assessment of those choices and double-checked...

the Gotal (Feltripern Trevagg) - who? probably not.
    the Arcona (Hem Dazon) - yes, definitely.
    the Givin (Elris Helrot) - probably not.
    the Advoze (Bom Vimdim) - I don't think so.
    the Abyssan (Myo) - who?
    the Anzati vampire (Dannik Jerriko) - very unsure.
    Brea or Senni Tonnika (this is not a 2-pack. assume you get one) do you want it?) - yes, absolutely, doubles of this.
    Zvvvst (Brzzzt - "the Fly") - no.
    Kitik Keed Kak (mass released so everyone can get her) - possibly.
    the Lamproid (Dice Ebegon) - how would this work? Likely not.
    the Saurin (Fal Chas) - nope.
    Brainiac (who's brain you can see) - no way.
    and then I went to SW.com and looked up all these "who?" characters in the 6-page-long Cantina Roll-Call feature to get better acquainted. They had 'em all, but what I found was that I liked most of these even less than I had remembered (updated opinions underlined and bold):

• the Gotal (Feltripern Trevagg) - absolutely not
    • the Givin (Elris Helrot) - absolutely not
    • the Advoze (Bom Vimdim) - absolutely not
    • the Abyssan (Myo) - absolutely not
    • the Anzati vampire (Dannik Jerriko) - probably not
    • Zvvvst (Brzzzt - "the Fly") - no.
    • the Lamproid (Dice Ebegon) - absolutely not
    • the Saurin (Fal Chas) - nope.
    • Brainiac (who's brain you can see) - no way.
    the only one that came up was Dannik, and not by a whole lot. As much as I dig the Cantina, these are the dregs of the dregs and I wouldn't want figures of 'em.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I dont have a top ten, as long as they all get made I will be happy.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

That's the beauty of these forums, you get to see such a range of collecting interest, and just now we saw both extremes back to bak in JediTricks' and kidhuman's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    I dont have a top ten, as long as they all get made I will be happy.
    I'm with you. Aside from principal characters, I don't see much logic in choosing one background figure over another. They're all "important" (relative statement ).

Market viability. There were plenty of moisture farmers walking around Mos Eisley (regular humans) so it's logical that we have to have some minimal standard to avoid pegwarming.

Next, we answer how much the market could bare. We polled 211 figures, about half of which took votes. Doesn't mean the other half wasn't wanted, it just means they had tough contenders.

In the cantina, Hem Dazon took down everyone who went up against him, Dannik Jerikko, etc. That's great and means he's the most wanted, but that doesn't mean that only 105 figures, or our Top 45 list is accurate or even all that's this viable for Hasbro.

The cantina creatures are very different in their forms and features. Sculpting stuff that's weird and different from the average turns out like artwork to me. Like the Elom recently, it's very different from a Luke figure that's essentially barely different from a GI Joe save for his choice of weapon. So we're double checking the areas that had clear winners, and looking to see if we were accurate, or if a Count Dooku Softgoods resculpt is more in demand than the Tonnika Sisters. Since we'd all doubt that (possibly), we're doing an experiment.

If the answer is "you're not interested," or "you're not participating" than your attitude could be taken for "you don't care if SW collecting dies out earlier."

I don't need it to go on forever and feel (save for E3) that we are over the hump, but there are a few more figures I'd like. One thing for sure is that cantina aliens and some droids are more interesting to me than the majority of the Top 45 here. They need to be added to my scenes for sure, but I have to confess, I was once the most excited over getting an Obi-Wan Episode 2 figure - Coruscant Chase actually - and then once I had him, I wanted other characters. (However a cloaked E2 Obi-Wan (dry hair) would be awesome, especially since it's so overdue).

But that's why we're checking cantina aliens, Jabba's maybe, possibly podracers, etc.

When will the hobby die? What is left that's marketable.

Of course a SW TV show might turn this whole thing upside down, but we can't count on that - or even that it might not star characters we have action figures of already.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

LuciferSam
    JediMarvin
    Deoxyribonucleic
    Jaff

have until the 6th of July to vote for their most-wanted figure out of

Padme Handmaiden
    Yarna dal Gargon

Everyone else who has not yet done so, has until the 6th of July to list their Top 10 most-wanted Cantina aliens (not including Hem Dazon, the Arcona).

We'll then announce the next challenger to the accuracy of our Master List.

Right now it looks like it's between a Tonnika Sister and the Gotal who are tied for the top spot.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I pick Yarna

As for my fav top ten, I don't have one and just prefer to have all of the cantina patrons made at one time or another. Actually though the first one I want before all the rest is Ellis Helrot, the Givin!

GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Ok I'll go with Yarna dal Gargon. An ROTJ figure beats a TPM most days. Plus the fact that Yarna was close to being a vintage figure doesn't hurt.
    And I'd don't have a top ten list. I feel the important figures have been made. That and I don't have the time to make one.
    Last edited by LusiferSam; 07-03-2004 at 09:30 PM.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

With that, the votes are CLOSED.

YARNA DAL GARGON has won the most-wanted figure out-of-everything possible left to be made!

Why? I couldn't explain it, but many participating in this thread have (largely due to how Jabba's 6 breasted fat dancer was going to be a vintage figure once upon a time, etc.)

But Yarna beats Padme as a Handmaiden by 1 vote! So our SW figure preferences here are as split as the vote was in the election of 2000.

Your comments are welcome.

The thread is not dead yet of course.

In asking for MOS EISLEY CANTINA characters that many of you felt had more merit being on our Prioritized Top 45 Most-Wanted List .

I have used your list of preferences and came up with our group's Top 6 which were effectively leading the pack. Each will be sent in by order of preference and seen how they effectively climb the list, refining our choices as such.

They are:

1) Tonnika Sister (non-specified)
    2) Gotal, Feltipern Trevagg
    3) Anzati, Dannik Jerriko
    4) Givin, Elris Helrot
    5-tie) Advoze, Bom Vimdim
    5-tie) Abyssan, Myo

This is entirely matching results with the Mos Eisley Cantina creature poll I wrote for SirSteves main site almost 2 years ago. So the results are without question, very accurate.

We'll start by seeing if Brea or Senni are more wanted than the first group of characters from our Top 45 list who did not beat Hem Dazon (our Cantina champion). If the lady loses (this is not a 2-pack), then she'll take on another group of challengers. (but note she will not be automatically disqualified. However, the Gotal cannot compete until the Tonnika Sister has been placed - so you are only voting for the Tonnika, or the figure you want more than her from the following list...)

So now...

CHOOSE THE FIGURE YOU WANT THE MOST FROM:

Tonnika Sister (Brea or Senni)
    General Tagge
    Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander
    Sly Moore
    Jango Fett out of armor
    Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Gragga Chubba Vendor
    Padme from Palpatine's Office, Senator
    Sora Bulq, Weequay Jedi Master

I honestly need several figures more than I need a Tonnika Sister:

Sly Moore
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
    Padme from Palpatine's office

It's really a tough call, but a main character not-yet-made is obviously important, so I'll say Senator Padme from Palpatine's Office.