Page 54 of 145 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

My vote won't change either. I'll stick with Tagge.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    CHOOSE THE FIGURE YOU WANT THE MOST FROM:

Tonnika Sister (Brea or Senni)
    General Tagge
    Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander
    Sly Moore
    Jango Fett out of armor
    Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Gragga Chubba Vendor
    Padme from Palpatine's Office, Senator
    Sora Bulq, Weequay Jedi Master
    Moff Jerjerrod for me please
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Gotta agree with Deoxy and vote for Moff Jerjerrod.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Lando Smugglers gear for me.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Padme from Palpatine's Office, Senator
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Jango out of armor (but only w/ removable armor)
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I vote Tonnikas.

Its amazing how just about everyone has pick something different. With that said put me down for Slim Aloo.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Tycho you said something that sparked an idea that I thought may be good new direction for this thread. I thought it would be good to validate the list of 211 or and subtract from it. To do this would mean we would need A) vote on all 211 on if we would want to buy it yes or no (not maybe, if they do it right, etc). B) establish a percentage/minimum of votes to consider it a valid desired figure. C) revote for any write it choices.

So anyone interested?
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Not really

JediTricks suggested something about voting out the losers too.

I actually think that maybe I have an idea of how to do this:

The first list we voted on was something like:

Padme Handmaiden - who went all the way obviously
    Tey How
    Daudry Dofine
    Blue Battledroid
    Rep Teers
    Palpatine Hologram
    Nute Hologram

I don't recollect all 10 or so at the moment, but you get the idea.

What I did was

1) identified the winner (Padme) and put her into TPM finals, Prequel finals, total all-time finals (where she lost by 1 vote to Yarna). I did the same with each category.

2) I wrote the Master List (Top 45) as such: Dauldry Dofine had 4 votes from this list. Padme in her yellow dress from AOTC had 4 votes as well. I compiled a list - remember? 12 Votes Padme Handmaiden, 6-7 votes Jango Fett out of Armor, 7 votes General Tagge, etc. etc. and then when I listed the 4 vote getters, Dauldry Dofine made that part of the list. I think the list went down to those that got 3 votes like CZ-9 who made the cutoff for the Top 45.

3) folks left off the list but still counted in the larger list of about 100 figures were ones like Nyrat Agira (girl in red thong in Club Outlander). She had at least 1 person want her figure more than Jocasta Nu or Jango Fett in that category. So Nyrat is more in demand than say Random Moisture Farmer from streets of Mos Eisley who got zero votes.

I don't think Nyrat needs to be put back into any voting category, as someone wanting her next to Jango Fett speaks volumes about her feasibility next to a Random Moisture Farmer or even a black X-wing Pilot or another Dresselian from the Endor Briefing Scene.

These characters, the bottom of the barrel, are pointless to debate to me. We know Nyrat would get one vote, but unless Hasbro suddenly does a left-face and produces The Random Moisture Farmer action figure, I don't see why we need to debate his demand level.

I can publish our Top 100 or so with the 1 vote getters a Gungan Band Member and Biggs Darklighter in his Academy Uniform, but I think I did that already.

Just the same, I think the point of this thread was to take the list, create a Top 50 and a larger pool of 100 or so, and then make a checklist for Hasbro.

Obviously this group wants Yarna Dal Gargon and Moff Jerjerrod made as matters of priority.

When Hasbro has produced our Top 100 or so, I think it's appropriate to revisit this thread and vote for whichever Random Moisture Farmer should be made next.

In the meantime, we are placing the possible CANTINA characters we overlooked into the ranks and adjusting the Top 45, or making it a good Top 50 or so by the best method I know.

Since the list is already ranked order by priority demand, No cantina alien should come in before Hem Dazon. So they don't need to compete with Padme Handmaiden or Senator Yarua (8 votes, 1 more than Hem Dazon got) for that reason.

So Brea or Senni Tonnika is competing with the list that we are voting on - "6 vote-getters" and less since she'd lost to Hem Dazon (7 votes) since we first looked at the cantina.

Right now it looks like a Sister is not more in demand than Jerjerrod for example, but might be more in demand than Sora Bulq, Gragga, Chief Chirpa, Treva Horme, Sly Moore, and that's about it.

When everyone's voted, I don't care if a Sister ties with Lando Smuggler's Gear, they can share closely the same spot on the list.

Next Sly Moore, Chirpa, Horme, Master Sora, etc. will have to take on the Gotal to keep their place.

When a cantina alien can no longer place above the bottom of our list (which includes Herme Odel from Jabba's Palace), we stop messing with the lesser demanded Cantina Aliens like Brainiac or Zzivvt who probably won't make our list (but you never know).

The next logical thing to do to tighten up our priority list would be to check Jabba's Palace Members, Podracers, and Senators - characters that got shut out because someone like Senator Yarau took all the votes with them.

But if we don't see Hasbro produce a figure of Luke in the Medical Frigate Recovery Room (2 votes), why should we fret about Wes Janson at this point? This is an in-demand list and Hasbro should work it from top to bottom and the likelihood that they make our Top 10 even between now and when 2005 sees 50 E3 figures is very slim.

FYI that means:

Yarna
    Padme Handmaiden
    Queen Amidala Purple Return to Naboo
    Queen Amidala white Theed Celebration
    Senator Yarua - Wookiee
    Cliegg Lars
    Black Bespin Security Guard
    R2D2 Shield Bunker exploded
    Mother Ewok with baby Wokling
    Jocasta Nu

And I mean that list could be tightened up more because personally Hem Dazon is off of it by 1 space (actually a Top 10 doesn't exist, because like Jocasta Nu, Hem Dazon got 7 votes). But what would be the point? I haven't seen a Cliegg Lars prototype or rumor floating around the net at all. But presumably, if we were right, these figures here would sell to a majority of us more than a Wes Janson figure, and definitely more than a Random Moisture Farmer action figure.

Here in this thread we'll always have the Ultimate "What's Left?" List - but until Hasbro crunches some of the best of them, there's no point prioritizing or ruling out the worst of them in my opinion.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.