Page 57 of 145 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    The Givin, Elris Helrot (Deoxy's favorite, but one I like a lot too) gets this spot.

Elis Helrot for me please
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Elris Helrot, the Mos Eisley Cantina Givin
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Wald
    Kitster
    Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    Dooku's Pilot Droid
    Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
    Ann / Tan Gella, Twi'lek girls
    ET Senator
    -Padme in her Nightgown
    -Padme as refugee from freighter
    -Clone Trooper in red, out of armor
    Young Owen Lars
    -Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus Softgoods
    Naboo Clergyman, marries Anakin and Padme
    R5D4
    Colonel Wulf Yularen, Imperial Conference Table
    Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    Herme Odel
    For me, it comes down to Clone out of armor, Dooku softgoods, and R5-D4. It's pretty tough, those last 2 run neck and neck for me, but I'm going to vote for Dooku. He's just got more screentime and could use a better figure. R5-D4 could end up being just another basic astromech figure with no exploding head gimmick or anything, and that'd be fine I guess but I'm not quite as excited.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

it would be nice to have a new Cantina alien around....soo Elris Helrot gets my vote.

i also would like a new R5-D4, with out that stupid conceled missle thingy.

As Herme would be cool to have, id rather have Klatuu skiff guard.

heck with it, make em all hasbro.

Welcome to our thread Paul (and Veers). For over a month (maybe 2 - I think) we have been assembling a final list of every figure never made before (or updated in the case of figures Kenner made back in the 80's). Since we did it scene by scene and characters like Hem Dazon, the Arcona (a highly demanded figure if there ever was one) dominated the cantina group, we are now seeing how others that "lost" votes to Hem Dazon, fair next to the total, PRIORITIZED (to some extent) list of the top vote-getters.

There were 211 figures possible - in all total - including ones that got NO votes. This is from all 5 movies. About half this amount got votes as at least somebody's first-pick from a group of characters introduced in and around specific scenes as we went through every movie scene-by-scene.

Well, the list is by no means perfect, though most agree it's highly reflective of what everyone posted here. But the cantina aliens would have placed much higher, were it not for Hem Dazon to have shut them out so completely.

So we listed everyone's top 10 cantina characters they'd want made (after Dazon) and then I singled out an order for each one's preference based on people's top picks, second choices, etc.

Now we're seeing where they fall into the list below, adding each alien into subcategory competition with the rest of the possible figures who ranked lower in demand than the previous cantina alien.

Guys, please note that Jabba's courtiers could be looked at this way, but Klaatu (and formerly Herme Odel) cling very close to the bottom of the list. I don't see a real need to test Jabba aliens because: 1/4 of our SSG poll winners for Jabba's Palace were made this year (Bubo, J'Quille, Tanus, Rappertune) and 3 more (Yarna, Herme, Klaatu) made our list already for 7/12 of the best of Jabba's picks. There are only 5 strong remainders for Jabba's: BJ-368, Ak-Rev, Umpuss Stay, Shasha Teil (an Ishi Tibb), and Sgt. Doallyn (who I really want myself) who could challenge the bottom feeders on our Top 50 list. They will have to challenge only figures under KLAATU who is now our lowest-in-demand Palace Denizen. So it's possible depending upon Klaatu's performance. We also had "the human who shoots Luke's hand," and a few others from the skiffs we had as write-ins - so we'll see where Klaatu lands and who could feasibly get bumped out of our Top 50 - because in deed, some of the bottom feeders will eventually be leaving so that in all fairness, we have some semblance of accuracy.

Anyway, keep voting for the Elris Helrot group listed above. I have 6 regular votes counted, and I'll wait for at least 9 as our group has gotten much smaller than the bunch that comprised the Master List previously.

Here's what the Master List looks like as of today (with new Cantina winners added):

Yarna dal Gargon, Jabba's Fat Dancer
    -Padme Handmaiden
    -Queen Amidala Purple Return to Naboo
    -Queen Amidala white Theed Celebration
    Senator Yarua - Wookiee
    Cliegg Lars
    Black Bespin Security Guard
    R2D2 Shield Bunker exploded
    Mother Ewok with baby Wokling
    Jocasta Nu
    Wioslea
    Arcona, Hem Dazon
    -------------------------------------------------- cut off from Dazon
    -Padme from Palpatine's Office, Senator
    Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander
    General Tagge
    -Jango Fett out of armor
    -Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
    Tonnika Sister (Brea or Senni)
    ------------------------------------------------- cut off from Tonnika Sister
    -Luke Skywalker Endor Gear
    Gotal, Feltipern Trevag
    Gragga Chubba Vendor
    General Veers
    -Han Solo Bespin Torture Chair
    ------------------------------------------------- Cut off from Gotal
    Dannik Jerriko
    Sly Moore
    Sora Bulq, Weequay Jedi
    -Padme in yellow from the Waterfalls
    CZ-3 from Mos Eisley Spaceport
    ---------------------------------------------- cut off from Dannik Jerriko
    Young Owen Lars
    -Padme in her Nightgown
    -Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus Softgoods
    Colonel Wulf Yularen, Imperial Conference Table
    Herme Odel
    Givin, Elris Helrot, Mos Eisley Cantina ------current rank of Elris Helrot versus:

Wald
    Kitster
    Dooku's Pilot Droid
    ET Senator
    R5D4

There are 49 figures currently on this list. Cantina aliens in order of highest demand to lowest, will continue to compete with the bottom-feeders on this list (who are still above and beyond a lot of other characters who got less votes than some members of this group did), so the second to next alien, if demanded more than any of the bottom group above, will push the last one on the list off and out of our Top 50.

Continue to vote in the Elris Helrot ranking poll. Add your comments on Jabba's Denizens. Remember that Klaatu will have to get out of the bottom position for his colleagues to even compete.

And I just would like to note, that as Hasbro likes to continuously offer the main characters so that parents and casual collectors have figures they would recognize while shopping, we've recommended the following from the "regular 20":

Padme Handmaiden
    Queen -purple
    Queen -white

Lando - smugglers gear
    Luke - Endor Gear
    Han -Torture chair
    R2D2 - shield bunker

Padme - yellow by the waterfalls
    Padme - nightgown
    Count Dooku -softgoods
    Padme as refugee (freighter)
    Clone Trooper (in red jumpsuit, out of armor)
    Padme - Palpatine's Office
    Jango Fett - out of armor

to a lesser extent we had Princess Leia (Endor), Obi-Wan (AOTC), Anakin (AOTC), Palpatine (AOTC), Luke (medical frigate) and others I'm probably forgetting voted for. If Hasbro needs to rehash the "regular 20" - we've suggested the best way.

* the regular 20 are the main characters from each movie (and there's actually 22 of them about now)

1)Han
    2)Luke
    3)Leia
    4) Chewie
    5)R2
    6) C-3PO
    7) Vader
    8) Stormtrooper
    9) Obi-Wan
    10) Qui-Gon
    11) Anakin
    12) Padme
    13)JarJar
    14)Darth Maul
    15) Battle Droid
    16) Mace
    17) Yoda
    18) Dooku
    19) Jango
    20) Clone Trooper
    21) Boba Fett
    22) Lando

In other words, kids would need the above characters to recreate SW play regarding having all the main characters. So if "for ages 4 and Up" and you turned 4 today, you'd need those listed immediately above to affect fun, basic SW play - and you'd need to find them easily for mom to get on her way to Target or Wal-Mart while buying groceries. In that scenerio, no one's looking for Yarna dal Gargon (our collector-top-vote-getter). Yarna who? Yuck!

Anyway, REGULARS TO THIS THREAD - don't miss my previous post above this one. There's important considerations about Jabba's Palace in my long diatribe. Sorry to ramble...

and Sgt. Doallyn (who I really want myself)
    I'll second that motion. He's high up on my list of Jabba's palace characters.

the top 3 for me are Sgt. Doallyn, Herme Odle and Yarna. As far as the cantina/tatooine my top 3 are Elis of course, CZ-3 and Hem dazon. These 6 figs would be a welcome addition to my collection and dioramas.

We also had "the human who shoots Luke's hand,"
    Is that the one that looks like Randy Quaid, or was it another human character on the barge??? Anyway, there's a human guard that looks like Randy Quaid on that barge...that would be an awesome figure!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I'm not sure who Randy Quaid is. Dennis Quaid played Doc Holiday in Wyatt Earp and he didn't do a bad job of it.

Meanwhile...

It looks like Elris Helrot placed and less and less people are voting during our Cantina Creature Placement Polls. (The CCPP )

That mean less people will object when I run Bom Vimdim before Myo. The Advoze and Abyssan both tied in our poll, as they coincidently (or not) also did in the Official SSG Cantina Character Poll. That being said, I can do 1 at a time since they both tied last time. Dealer's choice - and Bom Vimdim gets unleashed.

So Choose The Figure You Want Made The Most From:

Bom Vimdim, the Advoze from Mos Eisley Cantina
    Wald
    Kitster
    Dooku's Pilot Droid
    ET Senator
    R5D4

I'm torn between Bom Vimdim and Klaatu. Personally, I think Klaatu would make a more interesting figure. Especially with their Nikto sculpts they have now (from the Nikto Jedi Sirch Fi Eck) they could add a nice removeable battle helmet to a green Nikto and create quite a cool figure. Well, scratch the part about using Sirch's head. Green Niktos and Red Niktos have some different facial features. But still, this vintage figure (used to wear the sheepskin skirt) could use a great modern update.

I'm light years behind on this thread, but...
    I'm not sure who Randy Quaid is.
    Randy Quaid is great. He's Dennis' brother and a super actor. C'mon, he played "Ishmael" in "Kingpen"...you've gotta know who he is.

Deoxyribonucleic, are you talking about this guy? (pic below.) How do you know what he looks like under there? (Could be Randy Quaid.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thisguy.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	13.7 KB 
ID:	8579  

I'm also going to vote for Klaatu.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Klaatu it is
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten