Page 58 of 145 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

I gotta go with Bom Vimdim, the Advoze from Mos Eisley Cantina. Klaatu is a close second for me, but we have the skiff guard Klaatu. I'm a sucker for new cantina aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    I'm light years behind on this thread, but...
    Randy Quaid is great. He's Dennis' brother and a super actor. C'mon, he played "Ishmael" in "Kingpen"...you've gotta know who he is.
    and the pesky brother in Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation...how can you forget that black dickey under his white turtleneck? ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Deoxyribonucleic, are you talking about this guy? (pic below.) How do you know what he looks like under there? (Could be Randy Quaid.)
    No, but I guess that's the guy that shoots Luke. The guy that looks like randy quaid has a kind of hunter's type cap on, with ear flaps...I think his outfit is gray.

My vote goes for Bom Vimdim

Come on everyone, vote!! It's way more fun when there's more people!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

OK interest in refining the list has waned down to 6-7 people. Now all of you stay with me. Comic Con is next week. We need to finalize refinement of the list.

All votes from today and hereafter are critical, because whatever character is at the bottom of the list with no votes is bumped off our top 50!

R5D4 is hanging on by a thread right now. Basically, he gets one vote and he's bumped up. Meanwhile the last of the cantina aliens who won write-ins will challenge the bottom bunch.

Whomever is last on the list after any addition - won't be coming back again until our list of in-demand figures is satisfied (via Hasbro production, whatever). Many characters we'd wanted, like Torynn Far (although she ranked highly as an Ultra), are off already.

"You must choose. But choose wisely."

Myo, the Abyssan is today's Cantina challenger. Will the one-eyed-guy see one vote?

Choose the figure you'd want the most from:

Myo, the Abyssan from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Wald
    Kitster
    Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    Dooku's Pilot Droid
    Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
    Ann / Tan Gella, Twi'lek girls
    ET Senator
    -Padme as refugee from freighter
    -Clone Trooper in red, out of armor
    Naboo Clergyman, marries Anakin and Padme
    R5D4

From this list, Myo gets my vote with Treva Horme being a very close second. Other podracers I'd want more than Ben Quadrinaros came to mind, but I don't have that luxury until we get through to that subcategory.

Other subcategories I want to try are

Jabbas - must rank lower than Klaatu
    Podracers - must rank lower than Ben Quadrinaros
    Senators - must rank lower than ET
    Niemoidians - must rank lower than Daultry Dofine (Tey How, or Separatist)
    Ewoks - must rank lower than Chief Chirpa (Lumat, Romba, Paploo, Warok, Keolkeesh)
    Bespin - must rank lower than Treva Horme (woman, Ice Cream Maker, Wiorkettle, etc)
    Hoth - must rank lower than General Veers (Torryn Farr, Mjr. Derlin, Hoth Reb,etc)
    End of ESB - must also rank under General Veers- this'll be a tough challenge...(Luke, Leia from medical frigate, etc.)

And they are all fighting to be on the bottom of this list.

Plus we can finish the finalists for Ultra figures.

Hurry up and vote. We're running out of time!
    Last edited by Tycho; 07-17-2004 at 03:29 PM.

MYO will get my vote as well

Easy choice for me, R5-D4 .

bump
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Myo for me as well.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboy
    Easy choice for me, R5-D4 .

bump

I second this nomination
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I second that second, R5-D4 is my vote too.

(Dang 10-character-minimums, otherwise I could have just typed "R5-D4")
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

OK, the way this worked was that the Naboo Clergyman, who marries Anakin and Padme got kicked off our Top 50 list since no one is defending him. If you want him back, you risk kicking off someone else.

The next character to drop off is: -Clone Trooper in red, out of armor.

This guy I personally want. Challenging the bunch on the bottom of our list is going to be Hrchek Kal Fas, the Saurin, one of the stunted lizard people that have heads sort of like Bossk.

Unfortunately, Saurin are very useful aliens in dioramas and Kal Fas presents a problem for me, since I want to vote to keep that Clone Trooper in red, out of armor....

Well,

Choose the figure you'd want the most from:

Hrchek Kal Fas, Saurin from Mos Eisley Cantina
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Wald
    Kitster
    Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    Dooku's Pilot Droid
    Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
    Ann / Tan Gella, Twi'lek girls
    ET Senator
    -Padme as refugee from freighter
    -Clone Trooper in red, out of armor

Here I'll have to support my Clone Trooper to keep him from falling off our Top 50 list. I wouldn't cry if maybe a couple others went from the bottom of this list, but tehre isn't one figure listed here that I wouldn't buy.

But I'll bump the Clone Trooper.

Any and all cantina aliens for me until there are no more to make. Sorry Tycho, but I've got to go with Hrchek Kal Fas, the Saurin