Page 59 of 145 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    Come on everyone, vote!! It's way more fun when there's more people!
    Seriously, I'm not sure what you guys are voting on now, but I'll say... R5D4 (though I do want Myo) from the last list, and Hrchek Kal Fas from this one.

I will vote for Chief Chirpa.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

PlasticFetish, we're refining the list - and very rapidly I might add.

When we took the Cantina poll, or any other specific scene, or collage of scenes, one character ruled out the others - sometimes by extremes.

When I prioritized the list, obviously section winners like Hem Dazon who had 7 votes out of nearly 20 cast, ranked high as a section winner, an ANH finalist, and a Sequel Trilogy finalist (who only lost to Yarna Dal Gargon). But what happened was that other characters like the Givin, only got 1 vote, Dannik Jerriko did a little better with 2, Bom Vimdim got 2, etc. The rest of the cantina cast was split up by their partisan fans.

Now Daultray Dofine, the Niemoidian captain competed in a round weeks ahead of the Cantina group's. He got 3 votes, but Padme as a handmaiden with her 12 vote knock-out, shut him down and out of the competition.

Well, when it came to making a Top 50 list, it took more than just the winners of each round: TPM and AOTC had 5 winners, ROTJ 4, ANH 3, and ESB 2. Sure we could get a Top 19 out of that, but the characters had enough votes to place them in the Top 19 on the larger Top 50 list anyway. So scientifically speaking, we were doing alright. That being said, I then filled in a Top 45 with every character receiving as many as 3 votes actually, evenly filling out the list which happened to equal 45 (I was looking for a Top 50 in the first place).

Well, since Daultry Dofine got 3 votes and Bom Vimdim got 2, but they never competed, is it fair to say that Dofine is wanted more than Vimdim? Vimdim never faced Padme as a Handmaiden, and Dofine never faced Hem Dazon. They'd lose obviously, but what priority to fans place between Dofine and Vimdim? Who is more urgently wanted in production as a new piece to add to our collection?

I simply started taking category losers, like the Tonnika Sisters, who came in 2nd to Hem Dazon, and pitting them against the next 10 figures (from all categories) who ranked LOWER than Dazon. Once the Tonnika Sisters placed, I took the Gotal (who lost to the Tonnika Sisters) and put him in competition with every character who ranked beneath Brea and Senni.

As we get to the bottom of the list (of those who made the Top 45) by adding characters, we are getting up to 51, 52, etc. If we want a Top 50, then the bottom rung of the ladder must be cut out. The Clergyman who married Anakin and Padme from the wedding scene got cut out, and right now Padme as a Refugee from the Freighter (when R2 brings them bread and Anakin wears just the vest in the Outland Peasant Disguise scene) is in danger of being kicked off our Top 50 list. Somebody will be, because by adding Hrchek Kal Fas, we'll have 51 figures on our list. So this exercise refines the list and checks demand for Cantina figures. If someone votes for Padme Outland Peasant Disguise, (whatever you want to call her) than E.T. will drop off the list (which is fine by me, since we don't even know if Speilberg will allow Hasbro the licensing - but I voted to keep the Clone Trooper in red, so I can't help Padme (hint).)

In any case, Chief Chirpa just got a bump on our list. We have some Ewoks to look at, but none defeated him (except the mommy'Wok who is way high on our list) but any others like Paploo's Resculpt that want to try to make the list, have to challenge characters like Dooku's Pilot Droid that now rank under Chief Chirpa, to see if they belong on our list. We are trying to get through all the best Cantina possibilities now and have 3 possible left (that made people's Top 10 Cantina Aliens write-in list I'd asked for), so as soon as one doesn't place over other figures on our list, we'll check Ewoks, Jabbas, Senators, Podracers (ranking under Ben Quadrinaros of course) etc.

But we have to hurry. Does everyone understand what I'm doing? How this works? I think I figured out a very fair and unbiased way to do this that helps validate our list. Right?

So continue on the Hrchek Kal Fas poll and

Choose the figure you'd want the most from:

Hrchek Kal Fas, Saurin from Mos Eisley Cantina - 2 votes already counted
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader - 1 vote already counted
    Wald
    Kitster
    Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    Dooku's Pilot Droid
    Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
    Ann / Tan Gella, Twi'lek girls
    ET Senator
    -Padme as refugee from freighter "Warning: Drop Zone Starts Here"
    -Clone Trooper in red, out of armor - 1 vote already counted

The Ewok's need their leader so my vote is for Chief Chirpa.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Ben Quadrinaros
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Chirpa Chirpa.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Predictably, I vote for Myo last round and the Saurin this round.

Amazing. A lot of people are returning to this thread. That's great! I love the increased participation.

Regretfully, Padme Outland Peasant Disguise (refugee on freighter), has been dropped from our list.

You can bring her back in, but E.T. will fall off.

Hrchek Kal Fas has placed, and now we will vote on M'iiyoom Onith, the female companion of the Gotal Feltirpern Trevag.

Vote on the Character You'd most like to see made next:

M'iiyoom Onith, Mos Eisley Cantina
    Treva Horme, Cloud City alien
    Wald
    Kitster
    Dooku's Pilot Droid
    Daultay Dofine, Niemoidian
    Ann / Tan Gella, Twi'lek girls
    ET Senator

Well, though I hated that outfit, I'm going to write back in Padme Outland Peasant Disguise, as we need a figure to go with that Anakin, plus they could make that 6 armed server droid we seemed to have forgotten in this whole polling process. Put those 3 with R2D2 and surround them with a few of your favorite alien figures and you have yourself a nice little freighter scene from an oft overlooked part of the movie.

E.T. now becomes the endangered figure here. I just plan to go to Universal Studios Hollywood and buy 8 of his figures at the 3 3/4" size and settle that. There's little liklihood that Hasbro will get to use Speilberg's character, especially with another company licensed to do it.

He's my first pick to slide off this list. Plus I was never that particularly fond of the Nightlily (M'iiyoom Onith) character anyway.

M'iiyoom Onith, Mos Eisley Cantina. Anyone see a trend in my voting?

M'iiyoom Onith as well.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22