Page 85 of 145 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Tey How.

I'll vote for Biggs since he's also getting low on the list and I'd rather have him than red leader.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    Tycho, if it isn't too much trouble, could you post the current incarnation of the Top 50 once this latest poll is finished? I don't really know what the rankings are anymore, except for those at the bottom.
    I'll post them for you now, so newbies like BattleDroid can see our whole list.

This is up-to-date since only Deoxy's vote for Biggs Darklighter.

Note there are 51 because Padme Black Leather isn't "for sure" off the list yet as not all votes are in.

xYarna Dal Gargon
    x-Padme Handmaiden
    -Queen Amidala Purple Return to Naboo
    xCliegg Lars
    xBlack Bespin Security Guard
    x-R2D2 Shield Bunker exploded, Endor
    xMother Ewok with baby Wokling
    xJocasta Nu, Jedi Librarian
    xWioslea, buys Luke Skywalker’s landspeeder
    xArcona, Hem Dazon, Mos Eisley Cantina
    -Padme, Senator, from Palpatine's Office
    xMoff Jerjerrod, Death Star II Commander, Endor
    xGeneral Tagge, Death Star Conference Table
    x-Jango Fett out of armor, Kamino Apartment
    x-Lando Calrissian Smugglers Gear, end of ESB
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary
    xTonnika Sister, Mos Eisley Cantina
    -Luke Skywalker Endor Gear
    xGivin, Elris Helrot, Mos Eisley Cantina
    xGragga Chubba Vendor, catches JarJar in Mos Espa
    xGeneral Veers, Imperial Officer w. removeable Hoth Armor
    -Han Solo screaming in Bespin Torture Chair
    xAdvoze, Bom Vimdim, Mos Eisley Cantina
    xSora Bulq, Weequay Jedi, Arena Battle
    x-Padme in yellow from the Waterfalls
    xCZ-3 from Mos Eisley Spaceport
    xYoung Owen Lars
    x-Padme in her Nightgown, Kohoun Attack
    -Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus Softgoods
    xColonel Wulf Yularen, Imperial Conference Table
    xR2-D2 Lightsaber Launcher resculpt
    xHerme Odel, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace
    xCaptain Daultay Dofine, Niemodian
    xTreva Horme, tall Cloud City alien
    Han Solo, Yavin Ceremony
    xCommander Tey How, Niemoidian with sensors in eyes and mouth (x2)
    XReegesk, Ranat, Mos Eisley Cantina
    xKlaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    xBiggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes

xR5D4
    XRep Teers
    xSaurin, Hrchek Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
    xQueen Jamilla
    xM'iiyoom Onith, Nightlily from Mos Eisley Cantina
    xSgt. Doallyn, Jabba’s Palace

xPadme Amidala, Outland Peasant Disguise
    xBen Quadrinaros, Podracer
    xKeeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    xChief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    x-Clone Trooper in red, out of armor, from mealtime on Kamino
    xPadme Black Leather Temptation

An "x" in front of the character's name means that no one from their original group is coming on after them. "NO x" means that a contender will challenge at this level. For example, see Count Dooku softgoods? He was in the list with Cliegg, Owen, and Beru. They all got more votes than Tonbuck Toora, who got more votes than Beru.

Tonbuck will come on the list and challenge everyone under Dooku.

If Tonbuck places, Beru will come on the list and challenge everyone on the list under Tonbuck (as high up possibly, as being right under Tonbuck and right under Dooku).

Do people want Beru more than Dooku?

We find out when (See Han Bespin Torture?) - Luke Recovery Room will come in there and challenge everyone under Han. When that happens, Beru could get more votes than Tonbuck AND Count Dooku, and rise above them. That way you can't say that Dooku only got more votes from Beru because Cliegg and Owen were on the list taking away votes Beru might've had over Dooku. Now's her chance to prove that. Meanwhile, Dooku or Tonbuck, or M'iiyoom Onth could fall off the list as they rise or fall depending upon how people vote.

Green equals our current vote as of Deoxy's vote for Biggs. The next person who votes gets someone on AFTER Biggs - like a vote for Padme Black Leather would place her there in the shuffle. However, if Biggs gets 2 votes, he'll move up right under Tey How (who has 2 votes currently). If Biggs gets 3 votes, he'll move ABOVE Tey How. That's how the list is getting prioritized.

Red equals the bottom of the vote-getters in a poll B'Omarr hasn't voted in yet. That way if he votes in the last and current poll, I'll know where to move his choices. I do that with different colors, but guys: please keep current with the poll so I don't run out of colors!

I switch them all back to black when everyone's current and I start a new poll.

Go back to the last page and vote in my Red Leader, Garven Dreis poll if you haven't already:

Hellboy
    PlasticFetish
    Rocketboy
    Slicker (2 votes behind)
    JediTricks
    Dindae
    B'Omarr (1 vote behind)

Brandon and PloKoon are lost out there and should just come in and vote on the current poll as I'm not going back more than 2 votes for either of them.

LuciferSam - same thing.

See how thorough and scientific I'm being? This will be a VERY fair poll.

I'm as curious as you to see how it will all turn out. 20 votes to go! Then some synopsis:

how many TPM, AOTC, ANH, ESB, ROTJ figures each will be on our final list?
    how many cantina or Jabba ones?
    how many resculpts?
    how many main-characters?
    who was dumped?
    who ended up being added?

It'll be interesting.

Then we do a main-page site poll that JediTricks could help us with:

How much does the list represent your Top 50?

100%
    less than 50
    not at all

etc.

Then we certify the results and send it off with a petition to Hasbro. They're expecting it. Then we wait to see the toys from 2006 (SIX) and cross stuff off our list and then start over again. 2005 is for Revenge of the Sith toys.

Reminder: our list is advisory only, and main characters sell the line - but we have some and are showing we'd prefer Luke Endor (high on the list above) over Luke Tatooine Resculpt, etc.

Anyway, get back to the Red Leader Poll. Up soon will be from ANH Rebel Flight Tech, then AOTC Tonbuck Toora, Beru Whitesun, Palpatine Red Chancellor Robes, ESB Luke Recovery Room, and Torynn Far! Plus more from ROTJ, AOTC, and TPM to finish it all off.

I hope you are all still enjoying this thread. We'll get above #36 after the Rebel Flight Tech poll...
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-03-2004 at 03:19 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

If you are curious Tycho, the Top 50 list has 28 of my Top 50 on it, so I would only vote for 50%, which is worse than it sounds. I would be happy for Hasbro to make half of my most wanted figures. Our list has more prequel figures than I want (and a lot more Padmes than I want). However, I would likely buy every figure on the list except for Han in the torture chair, Dooku soft goods, and Han medal ceremony, which I guess I MIGHT buy if the figures were outstanding. I would only buy Luke Endor if the helmet came off and would consider buying Biggs from the cut scenes as I might put his head on an X-wing pilot to make a Biggs with his helmet off figure.

I might buy alot of figures, but there are only 63 that I really want before they quit. I am fully prepared for the fact that Hasbro will not make all 63.

But if Hasbro made this Top 50 I would be thrilled.

I know, I know, my analysis is premature as we're not done ranking yet.
    Last edited by Droid; 08-03-2004 at 03:47 PM.

R5-D4

(these are words to fill space)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    Vote for your the character you want made the most from:

Red Leader, Garven Dreis
    36) R5D4
    37) Rep Teers
    38) Saurin, Hrchek Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
    39) Queen Jamilla
    40) M'iiyoom Onith, Nightlily from Mos Eisley Cantina
    41) Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    42) Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba’s Palace
    43) Padme Amidala, Outland Peasant Disguise
    44) Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    45) Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    46) Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    47) -Clone Trooper in red, out of armor, from mealtime on Kamino
    48) Commander Tey How, Niemoidian with sensors in eyes and mouth
    49) Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes
    50) Padme Black Leather Temptation
    Thanks to a few others helping out Tey How and R5-D4 with some votes I can give mine to the Clone Trooper in red, out of armor this round since he seems to be sliding to the bottom of the pile again.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

Tycho, thank you for explaing where R2 saber launching went, next time please say so when that vote is over so we don't end up with this sort of thing.

However, I strongly believe figures knocked off the bottom should not get to go back to the top, that's plain and obvious because that figure already lost to 14 others, just because it hasn't gone up against 1 new guy doesn't mean it should get placed above the 14 that already beat it. I guess your plan overall though isn't just to have it go against 1 new guy but 14 new guys, but that's cheating IMO because it discredits the actual group's votes in favor of a lone voter's strategic vote. Slot #37 is earned by the culmination of the whole group's voting, yet the strategically-saved write-in vote only needs 1 person to make it higher up the list and thus more important than the figures beneath without actually earning its new slot at the top.

Oh, and I think if there are ties, in the next round just cut the top slot off to make room for the tie, same thing with "saved" figures, cut off the top slot not the bottom, you're already cutting off the top slot with newly-added figures.

By the way, after explaining all this, I can see by even my examples here that this method REALLY works and is thorough, so it will be the method we will continue to use
    Oh, well if you say so yourself, then it MUST be true and I shouldn't bother to form my own opinion.

Red Leader, Garven Dreis
    36) R5D4
    37) Rep Teers
    38) Saurin, Hrchek Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
    39) Queen Jamilla
    40) M'iiyoom Onith, Nightlily from Mos Eisley Cantina
    41) Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    42) Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba’s Palace
    43) Padme Amidala, Outland Peasant Disguise
    44) Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    45) Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    46) Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    47) -Clone Trooper in red, out of armor, from mealtime on Kamino
    48) Commander Tey How, Niemoidian with sensors in eyes and mouth
    49) Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes
    50) Padme Black Leather Temptation
    Tey How is the first name I notice, but R5-D4 is the figure I'd want most from this list so he gets my vote.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

M'iiyoom Onith again.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I'm sticking with Ben Quadinaros, though I too would rather have Biggs than Red Leader.

I understand the system much better now, though I'm starting to visualize a scene in a movie like "Se7en" where two cops enter a large gloomy room, their flashlights scan the walls and in tiny ragged writing all over the walls, floor, ceiling, and furniture, sometimes scratched in witha nail, sometimes, with a human nail are lists and revisions of lists with R5-D4 crossed out, then scratched back in. There is a system to this madness, but only a madman could see it. One of the cops asks "What kind of psycho are we dealing with.?" Then Tycho jumps out of the closet, his eyes bloodshot and mad, his hair long and greasy, foaming at the mouth, covered in his own filth, a plastic 'temptation dress Padmé Amidala clutched in his hand.

Anyway, now that I'm done poking a bit of fun at you, let me ask you two questions.

1. Why do new contenders get placed so high on the list? Why start them at slot #35 instead of #50? Starting them at the bottom would get them off the list right away if no one wanted them, whereas starting them up high, forces other more wanted characters down as the new unwanted contender drops, pushing them out of the way.

2. Why do characters knocked off the list get to be added back on later? If they're dropped of the list, shouldn't they stay off? They had their chance and didn't make the cut. I'm still voting for Ben Quadinaros, but if he drops off the list, I'll take that as a result of him being less desired than others by the group as a whole.

I'm going to answer B'Omarr's question while posting the next poll.

Right now, we're going to vote on the Rebel Flight Tecnician, Yavin Base.

He's basically a Rebel Fleet Trooper with a slightly different uniform and two flashlight accessories he holds in his hands to conduct air traffic. Maybe he'll come with at least one ladder, like the accessory pack one had plans for 3 or 4 ladders for each of the Rebel fighters. But we can't go "Ultra" on this character here (he'd lost an Ultra vote previously). A basic figure might come with 1 ladder and the flashlight accessories.

1. Why do new contenders get placed so high on the list? Why start them at slot #35 instead of #50? Starting them at the bottom would get them off the list right away if no one wanted them, whereas starting them up high, forces other more wanted characters down as the new unwanted contender drops, pushing them out of the way.
    The Rebel Flight Crewer only competed (and lost) to Han Solo Yavin Ceremony (#35). He's never competed against all the rest of the characters on the list we're chosing from (like Quadrinaros, the Ewoks, etc.)

If he comes on the bottom of the list, he'll stand no chance and fall off immediately if only 1 person wants him.

However, perhaps 1 person really wants him, and another would care for him more than maybe R5D4. However, with Chief Chirpa about to fall of the list (to make room for Yavin Flight Crewer), someone who really wants to ensure Chirpa gets made, might vote for Chirpa to save him (a STRATEGIC VOTE) even if Quadrinaros is their favorite figure.

1) Because they'd rather have Quadrinaros AND Chirpa AND THE FLIGHT CREWER MADE all over R5D4. So as long as their favorite (Quadrinaros) remains on the list, why should they get him and all other CRAPPY FIGURE CHOICES if they can prevent it. No one is requiring anyone to explain their motivations as to why they are voting the way they are voting here. So we don't know what's a strategic vote from whom and I don't keep track of whether Quadrinaros' biggest fan constantly votes for him or not.

The system as it will can let someone give their favorite choice - the Yavin Tech a chance, since he won't fall off immediatley and he may get some votes later, after the R5D4 hater saves Chief Chirpa, and thereby makes it safe for that Ewok fan to vote for the flight crewer he'd rather have than R5D4.

WE ALL DON'T WANT EVERYTHING ON THE LIST. The list is made up of what the majority has allowed for over time, but some people's singular interests (like Padme Black Leather) is able to survive for as long as 1 or 2 people will support her (however, another figure they want more may eventually come along).

2. Why do characters knocked off the list get to be added back on later? If they're dropped of the list, shouldn't they stay off? They had their chance and didn't make the cut. I'm still voting for Ben Quadinaros, but if he drops off the list, I'll take that as a result of him being less desired than others by the group as a whole.
    The group is too small. There are about 9 of us and there are more figure choices than all of us combined. People will have singular figure interests and vote for them. Since there are more slots than there are people, there is room for those singular interests (like Padme black leather). I may try to write her back on until no one votes for another figure I want more and I have to be the vote to add that figure in. Or if I have to add another figure in while she and that character (or a new one) are all vying to stay on the list, I may choose the other character over her and lose my last chance to keep her there. If you're into Quadrinaros, I'd say DO WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO KEEP HIM ON THE LIST. Your write-in option (in the first poll after he falls off the list) is your last chance (though you might get to try that chance for Quadrinaros more than once, eventually a figure you may want more will come along - or have to be preserved).

I wrote in Ann (or Tan) Gella several times and eventually lost her, as well as Wald. But I really, really, really know in my heart that they had more than a fair chance. They came in at a mid-thirty rank before I believe and they still dropped off in 2 or 3 votes after that.

I wrote Padme Outland Peasant back in at #36 and she's already fallen to #48. In a few votes, I may not be able to save her if I have to chose between several of my personal favorites.

If she were that popular, someone else will save her when I can't.

If not, the system has worked to thin out the less supported characters.

That's it with me responding to all these "explain the system" questions. I think I've answered almost all of you personally, concerning your own questions about it. And it's all logical and fair, and we're so closed to done, so I'll appologize now if I seem to ignore you asking more questions about the system in the future.

Meanwhile, Padme Black Leather Temptation fell off the list and is elligible for a write-in.

Choose the character you want made the most from:

Rebel Flight Technician, Yavin Base
    36) Commander Tey How, Niemoidian with sensors in eyes and mouth
    37) R5D4
    38) Reegesk, Ranat, Mos Eisley Cantina
    39) Klaatu, remake of vintage figure from Jabba's
    40) Biggs Darklighter, Academy Uniform, ANH Lost Scenes
    41) Clone Trooper in red, out of armor, from mealtime on Kamino
    42) M'iiyoom Onith, Nightlily from Mos Eisley Cantina
    43) Ben Quadrinaros, Podracer
    44) Rep Teers
    45) Saurin, Hrchek Kal Fas, Mos Eisley Cantina
    46) Queen Jamilla
    47) Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba’s Palace
    48) Padme Amidala, Outland Peasant Disguise
    49) Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    50) Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader

I'll chose to write Padme Black Leather Temptation back in because I'd like this figure more than several of the 15 listed above. I choose to gamble that she can stay on, either by luck or some of your support, while other character that I think are less worthy fall.

The playing field will be opened up wide (up to # 30, with 6 more spots for characters to move to) in the next poll. That should make things real interesting.
    Last edited by Tycho; 08-04-2004 at 03:21 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.