Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Possibilities for a 6-inch-scale line? (merged)

Something along the lines of DC Direct figures, not Marvel legends.
    I would love to have a cool, detailed Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Palpatine in this scale. Has anyone heard anything?

Re: Do you guys think there is any chance of seeing a nice 6" line of ROTS figures?

My Uncle is a Modler for Hasbro and he has given my no indication that Hasbro will stray from 3 3/4" figures at least under this license (which I think will expire in 2008) I could be wrong though there is info that they are not alowed to share. I Myself would settle for 3 3/4" Jedi with Frigg'n robes. (cloth ones) I am so sick of it it is so annoying. almost every jedi wears a robe. However the Evolution Anakin seems promising, the detail is nice, and parts of his attire are made in cloth.

Re: Do you guys think there is any chance of seeing a nice 6" line of ROTS figures?

I have brought this up before and I would LOVE to see a 6/7 inch detailed and well articulated line! Something between an DC Direct and Marvel Legends.

Unfortunatly, I do not believe Hasbro will go that route. First of all they have the Unleashed line, which is great as it is and should be left as it is, IMO. Secondly, and most important, they would have to compete with DC Direct and Marvel Legends. I don't think Hasbro wants to do that. By "compete" I don't just mean price, but quality detailed sculpts. No, I don't think Hasbro has what it takes to go that route.

However, here are some 7 inch figs I would love to see done:

Darth Vader with removable helmet
    Stormtrooper with "Sandtrooper" accessories (allows him to change)
    Luke Jedi with interchangable hands (gloved, burned, flesh color)
    Han Solo Smugglers outfit with gloves
    Boba Fett
    May the force be with you.

I really hope that they never stray completely from the 3 3/4" line. There's so many different non-basic lines that I don't think that a 6" line would be too out of the question.

Wait, didn't they try this a few times? There were those big Obi-Wan, Maul, and Destroyer Droid figures in the POTJ line, and the Epic Force line was around a while too. But neither of those did too well, so I don't know if they'd want to try to do another one.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

McFarlane-esque line!!! McFarlane-esque line!!!

But keep doing 3 3/4 figs and accesories. That's the bread and butter of SW collectors like myself. It's tradition, you don't frig with tradition!
    "Learn to know the Dark Side of the force, and you achieve a power greater than any Jedi!"

http://www.geocities.com/beckmen/figures.html
    http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=beckmen

The license expires in 2018, not 2008. As for the chances, Hasbro has already pulled the SW version of a GI Joe Extreme fiasco with Epic Force and Force Battlers, I don't think they'd ever switch from their bread and butter. I had an idea for a super-detailed, super-articulated, core-character-only line of 7" figures, put it up during a poll here and everybody HATED it. Fans are too afraid of change to let this sort of thing happen. Also, the thing that Hasbro gets the most out of staying with this scale is the ability to use old tooling which they inherited from Kenner, it's a major cost-saving device and would be destroyed by going to a larger scale.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I would rather them make the 12" line worth a food stamp.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Quote Originally Posted by JON9000
    I would rather them make the 12" line worth a food stamp.
    I agree actually. Why can't them make the 12" figures FIGURES and not dolls. Why use cloth instead of just plastic? Spidey had a 10" line of figures that were great! Why not use that concept instead of the one they have? Do they really want to make them like GI Joe?

I think the 6" line would be a great idea but for all the reasons previously mentioned I highly doubt it will get made. Hasbros answer to the 6" line are the force battlers. I'd rather just get the unleashed figures.
    "I have you now."

Hey, I like the 3 3/4" line too. I'm not saying they should replace that line, just add another one. Anything would be better than Force Battlers.
    And it would not be McFarlane-esqe. Is'nt that pretty much what Unleashed is?

When the "Movie Maniacs" line was at it's peak, I wanted to see a Vader (even though I knew licensing would never allow it). I'm not sure Hasbro needs to release an entire line of these, but if they did a couple waves of core characters (and Boba Fett, because people would buy it ) a la VOTC I wouldn't have a problem with it. But they'd need to nip it in the bud before Sio Bibble got his own 7" figure.
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.