Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

We've done threads on wave-by-wave favorites and follies for all the figures made up to now.

How about those never made before?

Since the list could get long and difficult to vote on, I'm going to approach this by offering no more than 10 figures at a time, from certain segments of each movie. Then we'll do specific movie run-offs, and that sort of thing.

Because of the current focus on Classic Star Wars, I thought it might be refreshing to start off with Prequel figures.

We'll begin with Episode One: The Phantom Menace and see what everyone wants the most from there.

This group of figures takes us from the end of the opening scroll up until the Jedi appear before the Gungan City Council.

So vote for the figure you want THE MOST out of...

1) Radiant VII female captain (Republic Officer)
    2) Radiant VII male co-pilot (Republic Officer)
    3) Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
    4) Commander Tey How (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
    5) Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up)
    6) Nute Gunray Hologram
    7) Senator Palpatine Hologram
    8) Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid)
    9) Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember)
    10) Padme Handmaiden

Grrrr. I had to make the first one hard...

The ones with the most merit to me are Dofine, Tey How, Rep Teers, and Padme.

As a diorama builder, I guess I'll start by setting my own precedent and voting for the figure I'd use the most of:

Padme Handmaiden wins for me here, because I'd use this figure to not only represent the leading lady, but all her handmaidens in the scenes they are required for. I might wind up buying as many as 20 handmaidens for different scenes. I mean only her face would be possibly distinguishing her from say any other handmaiden. All the rest of the figure's body and individuality is covered by the robes.

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

I am in total agreement, from your four essentials, to your final pick. The handmaidens have been on my complete top ten want list for a long time now, and it hasn't changed. They get my vote as well.

I thought the Blue Pilot Battle Droid has already been made, the one that came with that mini-Tank thingie. My vote goes towards Padme Handmaiden as well. A Needed staple in many peoples' dioramas.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I'll also vote for a Handmaid version of Padmé. I could care less about dioramas, but I a good of Padmé in her one of her handmaid outfits should be done.

As a side note I think we have a blue Battle Droid Tycho. You might be thinking of a different one, but there was a blue Battle Droid that came with the mini Tank thing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Padme Handmaiden easily. Perfect for and online exclusive like the Cantina Band was. This is a figure I've wanted for a long time now.

And where the heck were all of you on my "if you could pick an online exclusive" thread?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Great thread idea Tycho!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    As a side note I think we have a blue Battle Droid Tycho. You might be thinking of a different one, but there was a blue Battle Droid that came with the mini Tank thing.
    Yeah, but that figure from the "Armored Scout Tank" barely counts. Would be nice to have gotten a normal version of this one.

Oy. Would be nice to have gotten all of these figures -- you're right Tycho, this one's tough.

I've wondered for a while why we didn't get the Radiant VII captain or co-pilot. Those would have been great.
    Captain Dauldry Dofine or Commander Tey How -- Can't have too many Niemoidian figures, and these would look really cool. I would have loved a nice bridge playset also.
    Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up) is the one that I don't care too much about... especially with a molded cloak.
    Nute Gunray Hologram would be great. I love the holo figures -- as long as they're the "old" style blue ones.
    Again, Senator Palpatine Hologram would be great.
    Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid) -- can't have too many battle droids.
    Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember) -- I had to look this one up, as I couldn't remember exactly who this was. I could go for more Gungans in general. I'm kind of surprised (again) that we got as limited a selection as we did. This one is pretty obscure, but cool. I could see it coming as part of a "High Council" set or something. Either way, I'd dig it.
    A Padme Handmaiden figure would be nice for sure, and again, I'm surprised it wasn't made.

I'll pick Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation) as my choice here.

After thinking about it, I think probably the only way we'd get Radiant VII pilots were if they came with the Radiant VII, which would be cool, but I doubt would happen.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Blog Entries

Padme Handmaiden seems to have an uncatchable lead:

Padme 9
    Dauldry 2
    Tey How 2

I am basing the winner off the majority of 20 votes unless we see a huge influx of voters here. That being said, unless one of the Niemoidians gets 7 more votes, they won't catch Padme (kind of like the movie a bit, eh?) But I'm guessing the Niemoidians will likely split their vote. But they are great choices for figures too. This is a tough group to choose from.

The next bunch takes us all the way from our Escape From Naboo up to the time the lead characters spend on Coruscant.

I will do a separate group for soley Tatooine characters.

I will do a separate group for Galactic Senators.

Now Choose Your Most Wanted Figure From:

Captain Panaka (softgoods, removeable hat)
    Black Travel Queen (softgoods that can sit on Royal Starship Throne)
    Qui-Gon Jinn - Tatooine Poncho - molded plastic
    black Coruscant Guard (ethnic variation of the Senate Guard)
    Chancellor Valorum - brown business suit from landing platform
    Queen Amidala - PreSenate (yellow gown from Palpatine's Office)
    Sei Teria - Asian woman, Supreme Chancellor Valorum's aide
    Queen Amidala - Post Senate (black gown -Palpatine's office and Nute Gunray's arrest)
    Royal Handmaiden - dark purple gown - from Senate and Post Senate scenes
    Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo (purple travel gown also worn at Qui-Gon's funeral)

Choose!

This is another tough poll for me. It is sad that there are still incarnations of main characters that need to be made - or is it? Luke Stormtrooper from Kenner came out in 1985 - about 8 years after his appearance in that uniform in 1977 and figures started being made in 1978. But it's been 5 years since TPM was released, so you'd figure we'd get some more of the Queen's elaborate outfits since it seems only natural since she's the leading lady.

The softgoods resculpts I recommended would be useful with the Queen's Royal Starship - a really nice collection piece to set up with all your Naboo figures - so I for one see the merit in the soft stuff, even if they are not always that nice. But then again, look at POTJ and OTC Lando...

Still, figures never made before is the theme of our poll, so I'll go with figures really NEVER made before. And we're back to the need for more Amidalas.

That being said, I need 2 of the Post Senate figures and 2 of the Purple Gown figures for the scenes described above.

I have to say the Purple (Return to Naboo) Gown Amidala wins for me here, because we have nothing like her in our collections at all. It was a really tough choice for me between this one and the black. I still really need them both!
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-25-2004 at 01:06 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Put me down for Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo as well. The more Queen outfits, the better.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Registered

My vote is for Queen Amidala - Return to Naboo. Her costumes are so elaborate and this particular version would look fantastic in plastic!