Page 1 of 145 123451151101 ... LastLast

Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

We've done threads on wave-by-wave favorites and follies for all the figures made up to now.

How about those never made before?

Since the list could get long and difficult to vote on, I'm going to approach this by offering no more than 10 figures at a time, from certain segments of each movie. Then we'll do specific movie run-offs, and that sort of thing.

Because of the current focus on Classic Star Wars, I thought it might be refreshing to start off with Prequel figures.

We'll begin with Episode One: The Phantom Menace and see what everyone wants the most from there.

This group of figures takes us from the end of the opening scroll up until the Jedi appear before the Gungan City Council.

So vote for the figure you want THE MOST out of...

1) Radiant VII female captain (Republic Officer)
    2) Radiant VII male co-pilot (Republic Officer)
    3) Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
    4) Commander Tey How (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
    5) Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up)
    6) Nute Gunray Hologram
    7) Senator Palpatine Hologram
    8) Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid)
    9) Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember)
    10) Padme Handmaiden

Grrrr. I had to make the first one hard...

The ones with the most merit to me are Dofine, Tey How, Rep Teers, and Padme.

As a diorama builder, I guess I'll start by setting my own precedent and voting for the figure I'd use the most of:

Padme Handmaiden wins for me here, because I'd use this figure to not only represent the leading lady, but all her handmaidens in the scenes they are required for. I might wind up buying as many as 20 handmaidens for different scenes. I mean only her face would be possibly distinguishing her from say any other handmaiden. All the rest of the figure's body and individuality is covered by the robes.

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

I am in total agreement, from your four essentials, to your final pick. The handmaidens have been on my complete top ten want list for a long time now, and it hasn't changed. They get my vote as well.

I thought the Blue Pilot Battle Droid has already been made, the one that came with that mini-Tank thingie. My vote goes towards Padme Handmaiden as well. A Needed staple in many peoples' dioramas.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

I'll also vote for a Handmaid version of Padmé. I could care less about dioramas, but I a good of Padmé in her one of her handmaid outfits should be done.

As a side note I think we have a blue Battle Droid Tycho. You might be thinking of a different one, but there was a blue Battle Droid that came with the mini Tank thing.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Padme Handmaiden easily. Perfect for and online exclusive like the Cantina Band was. This is a figure I've wanted for a long time now.

And where the heck were all of you on my "if you could pick an online exclusive" thread?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Great thread idea Tycho!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    As a side note I think we have a blue Battle Droid Tycho. You might be thinking of a different one, but there was a blue Battle Droid that came with the mini Tank thing.
    Yeah, but that figure from the "Armored Scout Tank" barely counts. Would be nice to have gotten a normal version of this one.

Oy. Would be nice to have gotten all of these figures -- you're right Tycho, this one's tough.

I've wondered for a while why we didn't get the Radiant VII captain or co-pilot. Those would have been great.
    Captain Dauldry Dofine or Commander Tey How -- Can't have too many Niemoidian figures, and these would look really cool. I would have loved a nice bridge playset also.
    Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up) is the one that I don't care too much about... especially with a molded cloak.
    Nute Gunray Hologram would be great. I love the holo figures -- as long as they're the "old" style blue ones.
    Again, Senator Palpatine Hologram would be great.
    Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid) -- can't have too many battle droids.
    Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember) -- I had to look this one up, as I couldn't remember exactly who this was. I could go for more Gungans in general. I'm kind of surprised (again) that we got as limited a selection as we did. This one is pretty obscure, but cool. I could see it coming as part of a "High Council" set or something. Either way, I'd dig it.
    A Padme Handmaiden figure would be nice for sure, and again, I'm surprised it wasn't made.

I'll pick Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation) as my choice here.

After thinking about it, I think probably the only way we'd get Radiant VII pilots were if they came with the Radiant VII, which would be cool, but I doubt would happen.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

The hand maiden all the way.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

1) Radiant VII female captain (Republic Officer)
    2) Radiant VII male co-pilot (Republic Officer)

Doubt it without the vehicle being made

3) Captain Dauldry Dofine (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)
    4) Commander Tey How (Niemoidian / Trade Federation)

I want them both. I think Dofine is the most significant character on this list, but Tey How is a much different figure than previously sculpted.

5) Qui-Gon Jinn (molded cloak, hood up)

Just take a molded cloak from Obi-Wan and put it on a Qui-Gon figure.

6) Nute Gunray Hologram
    7) Senator Palpatine Hologram

Don't care about hologram figures

8) Battle Droid (blue-stripe / pilot droid)

Can use other battle droids and there was the poorly made blue one

9) Gungan Rep Teers (Councilmember)

A strong candidate, a different kind of Gungan

10) Padme Handmaiden

A good scene builder for many of you, but not for me.

I vote Dofine. I like main characters.

Hand Maiden, please! I'll take two.