Page 6 of 145 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

This is a hard choice for me. I want all the senator but I'm not really excited about them. I guess I will say the taxi cab driver.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Wookie Senator

I'll go with the crowd and vote Senator Yarua. Wookiees are the Klingons of Star Wars. Gotta love em. IF you wanna get technical, we've had two Wookiees released since 1995: Chewbacca and Snoova the Bounty Hunter (which is Chewbacca in Disguise). We NEED more Wookiees.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Three if you count snoova. We had the one from the role-playing game, Rorworr.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Chazz
    I'll go with the crowd and vote Senator Yarua. Wookiees are the Klingons of Star Wars. Gotta love em. IF you wanna get technical, we've had two Wookiees released since 1995: Chewbacca and Snoova the Bounty Hunter (which is Chewbacca in Disguise). We NEED more Wookiees.
    I thought it was three (by your count). Chewbacca, Snoova (still Chewi in my book), and the Wookie figure from the role-play game (I don't know his name).

Any way, I'll vote for the E.T. senator. I know that there's not a snow ball's chance, but nobody said I had to be realistic in what I was after. Besides there are some many uses for an E.T. figure.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

There was the Wookie figure with the board game. Rowrr?

The Coruscant Taxi Driver (not exactly a Bothan, but looks similar)
    My gosh that is obscure! I'd rather have just about every figure in the running so far before the Tax Driver.

The Rodian Senator (long red cloak)
    Could customize the Jabba's Band Rodian pretty easily for this

Ithorian Senator (Hammerhead in long white cloak)

I will lose, but I vote for the Ithorian Senator. I love Ithorians, have since I was a kid.

Really not a fan of these figures half as much as the Tatooine figures.

What a great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam
    Any way, I'll vote for the E.T. senator. I know that there's not a snow ball's chance, but nobody said I had to be realistic in what I was after. Besides there are some many uses for an E.T. figure.
    Just buy one of those e.t. figures that are on clearance at TRU and slap a barbie robe on 'im and WHAMMO ya got yerself an e.t. senator

He may tower over ALL the other star wars figures, but alas, there he is in all his e.t. senator glory...his senate boat would have to be bigger than the rest too and this would probably cause a galactic war because all the other senators would get jealous and think that the e.t. senator has special privileges but others would agree that it's ok because the e.t. senators are so "big bodied" that they can only fit in a larger boat...there'd have to voting and all that nonsense, so maybe it's just best after all if Hasbro pumps one out normal size.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I'm voting for Yarua. I've wanted him since seeing the Flashback image on the Hoth Chewie five years ago.

Though if you change the rules, Tycho, my runner-up choice (which I'd also love to get) would be Senator Gredbleips. Preferably bringing back the CommTech chip one last time, so he can say, "Be good," "I'll be right here," and, of course, "Phone home!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

D'oh! I forgot about the SW:RPG Invasion of Theed Exclusive figure. I feel dumb right now.....
    Last edited by Silent Chazz; 05-27-2004 at 02:03 PM.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Whoa! This thread is speeding right along. 13 votes have been cast and...

7 Senator Yarua
    2 Coruscant Taxi Driver
    2 Ihorian Senator (hammerhead)

We still haven't heard from Evenflow, B'Omarr Monkey, or Hellboy, however, even with their 3 votes similarly placed, another character cannot overtake Senator Yarua's lead. We'd need more than the usual 16 of us posting here to reverse Kashyyyk's Senator's lead. I don't need to call it in favor of Yarua right now, but we'll push on in favor of keeping this thread going like the Falcon out of a spaceslug!

This next group comprises the last characters on the list of those never made before from The Phantom Menace! We'll have gone through over 50 new possibilities from what I hope is as close to as possible of a complete list! It's cool that Hasbro has places to go to take this collection further with some quality choices, and those amongst you have identified at least 13 or more characters that you'd definitely buy.

With that in mind, let's pick the last batch.

This last "wave" is almost an extreme army builder wave. But it comprises the last of the possibilities from The Phantom Menace.

Pick the character you want to see made the most!

Handmaiden (battledress, blonde - the most different you'd make her from Padme)
    Gungan Child
    Gungan Female
    black N-1 Pilot (Bravo 3)
    female N-1 Pilot (Bravo 2)
    black Naboo Security (we can't have armies of clones)
    white Naboo Royal Guard (again, we can't have armies of clones)
    Federation Pick-up Droid (little white E.T. droid that cleans up after battles)
    Gungan Band Member (drum and trumpet included)
    Queen Amidala Theed Celebration

I think that predictably, Queen Amidala Theed Celebration will win this one. The fact that versions of the main character are lacking in our collection certainly bugs to no end. The Ceremony Queen has been rumored before, but we've never seen even a prototype. But I won't be voting for anyone else in this group until we get her. Queen Amidala Theed Ceremony

While Padme is a staple for any final scene diorama (with the Padawan Skywalker figure, Obi-Wan, Sio Bibble, Boss Nass, even Palpatine, Yoda and the Jedi) it'd be hard to argue that the army builders are un-useful.

I think Hasbro would have sold more N-1 fighters had they offered multiple pilots earlier. The Gungan Civilians would also make good diorama additions. The Naboo soldiers are useful in dioramas from ANY prequel movie since it's a safe bet we'll see them in E3, and a white Naboo Royal Guard has the first speaking line in AOTC. These sorts of characters are good to release like Hasbro occasionally releases Bikerscouts, Snowtroopers, Hoth Soldiers, etc. Just that before they re-release the same figure we already have, they could do an ethnic variation on the head sculpt (while skin tone anywhere else is irrelavent because the characters wear gloves). However, if they wanted to super-articulate any of these new Naboo Soldiers, none of us would complain if we could pose them like the Rebel Fleet Troopers.

But for 5 years Hasbro has seen it fit to not do Padme from the Celebration, and that's just unacceptable!

TPM Padme's done:

Theed Throne 3rd year (2001)
    Black Travel (Sabe) 3rd year (2001)
    Tatooine 1st year (1999)
    Senate 1st year (1999)
    Fighting 1st year (1999)
    Fighting Softgoods resculpt 2nd year (2000)
    Sabe (decoy Queen) 3rd year (2001)

They had 5 more Padme's from TPM to do. In 2002 they did nothing about her, and in fact, besides Teemto and Lott Dodd, there were barely any TPM figures due to AOTC / CW selections.

In 2003 we didn't see much either, and I'm struggling to think of TPM characters offered that year as well.

Overall, Hasbro did a great job of covering most of TPM's essential characters, but lacking the leading lady in several scenes is ....annoying. Oh, and note that POTJ offered the most diverse selection since the original figures debuted (not surprising).

Anyway, I'll predict Padme will win it again!

Listen up, Hasbro!
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-27-2004 at 02:29 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.