Page 9 of 145 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Sheehs, I'm gone for one day and there's 2 and a half pages of replies already, AWSOME!

I'm voting for Queen Amidala Theed Ceremony but she must come with that garden decoration ball that boss nass gives her
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    Tycho, I like the fast moving nature of this thread (though you might want to slow it down over Memorial Day Weekend, or at least not close voting on any round).

As long as you put a list in each post you did of the rounds that voting was still open on, I see no reason not to add new rounds of voting. I find threads die if there isn't constant activity.

Perhaps you could add one more vote today for those of us who check several times a day at work. Then you could not add anymore until next Tuesday?

It's your thread, run it how you like. We're all enjoying it.
    Will do! Not just because of my tastes though. I respect everyone here's opinion - heck this is a thread ASKING for everyone's opinion in the first place.

But we now have 13 out of 16 votes in. From the regulars, only LuciferSam and Evenflow haven't voted in a past round. They can always submit late votes for any round they haven't already voted on anyway.

But Celebration Amidala has 12 votes to the blonde handmaiden's 1. It's really clear who people want the most now. Amidala ties with herself (in the purple Return to Naboo outfit) for the character receiving the all-time most votes!

We will do run-offs from Episode One: The Phantom Menace, later. To keep it fresh, and let any late votes come in, we're going to put up for Memorial Day Weekend the first round of characters offered (That have never been made before) for ATTACK OF THE CLONES!

This group of characters have been chosen to represent all the possibilities from the landing platform attack up until Padme "retires for the evening" just prior to Zam Wessel's attack.

Warning: there are some difficult choices in this round!

CHOOSE YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER YOU WANT MADE FROM:

Corde (Senator's Decoy from starship explosion)
    Sly Moore (when we see the prototype, it'll be enough for this thread to ignore)
    Kit Fisto ( more articulation, relaxed pose, Jedi robe)
    Luminara Undulli (more articulation, relaxed pose)
    Barriss Offee (more articulation, relaxed pose)
    Padme Amidala (Galactic Senate - from speech in deleted scene)
    Dorme (Senator's Personal Aide)
    JarJar Binks (Palpatine's Office / Padme's Apartment robes)
    Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office / Private Apartment)
    Captain Typho (regular duty uniform)
    Anakin Skywalker (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes)
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes)

This group is incredibly tough to vote on. I actually want ALL of these figures pretty darn bad.

Good figures of Anakin and Obi-Wan, though the characters are offered, are terribly tough to turn down - especially how Anakin's robes hang on him like Darth Vader's!

My dioramas can get by using the "wrong" Typho and JarJar, but still...

The Jedi resculpts have to be done though. You can't have Bariss and Luminara striking battle poses in the Chancellor's office. The Royal Guards would have reacted and we all would have found out about the Sith a lot sooner if these Jedi misbehaved like that! (I used the CW "naked" Kit Fisto and put a softgoods robe on him very tightly, and I got a decent Kit for effect - still it's not the same thing and he's the only one in this diorama wearing softgoods )

Sly Moore and Corde are two higher priorities I'd like to have. They are important to their scenes and you just can't replace them somehow.

Now DORME would be too cool to get! She's in many scenes on Coruscant throughout the early part of the movie, has a lot of speaking lines ("what if they realize you've left the capital?") and they've so far ignored her.

And I trust Sly Moore's confirmation is correct, but I won't die if it goes the way of the sandcrawler, because...

Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office) wins it again. (everyone pause to act like it's a big surprise). But seriously, what's the point of the whole movie?

.......................Senator Amidala, the former Queen of Naboo
    ...............is returning to vote on the critical issue of
    ........creating a grand ARMY OF THE REPUBLIC to
    ...counter the increasing Separatist threat
    and assist the overwhelmed Jedi

So it seems ridiculous that we don't have a figure of Padme performing her duties as a Galactic Senator yet. While the deleted scene Padme would be nice, it's the lowest priority next to all the official on-screen figures they could do - especially a figure of Padme in this outfit which got significant screen time. I'm voting for Padme Amidala (Palpatine's Office)
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-28-2004 at 01:00 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

This is a great list Tycho. I would love to see a non statuesque Luminara, but my vote goes to Corde just becaguse the rest hagve been made in one form or another. A new figure for me please.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

This round interests me, because in large part it lists figures that should have been sculpted in more neutral poses the first time. I agree, they should have made more neutral poses, but I can't vote for them in the poll of favorite figures NEVER made. Different outfits are one thing, different poses are not and should not win this poll. Funny though how Hasbro keeps saying the main characters sell and keeps rescupting them but we have come up with a number of major characters outfits (OK, mostly Padme) that haven't been done before.

I have been really irked that they have not made an Anakin and Obi-Wan in Jedi robes similar to the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan in Jedi robes made for Episode I. (Now that I think of it, maybe I'll put an Episode II Anakin and Obi-wan head on the body of the Episode I Qui-Gon and Obi-wan; I have way too many of those figures anyway) Why have all of the Anakin and Obi-wan figures been so scene specific as opposed to their actual everyday outfits as Jedi?

I am voting for Anakin Skywalker (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes) It could be used in so many scenes as opposed to Padme's scene specific outfit. I hope they make an Obi-wan too, but I had to vote for Anakin because they may make an Episode III figure of Obi-wan in his robes, whereas if they did with Anakin he'd have the robotic hand (or a glove) and wouldn't really be from Episode II.

I'm going to go with Sly Moore on this one. I've wanted this figure for a while. I can't remeber off hand what the senate padme looks like but I still think I would vote for Sly.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

For me, it's a toss up between Anakin Skywalker & Obi-Wan Kenobi (Padme's apartment, non-preposed Jedi robes). If they are similar to the Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon figs from Episode 1 (with the lightsaber and lighsaber hilt that attached to the belt).

I guess I'd like an Anakin first, then and Obi-wan.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Going back to an earlier round, my calculations are that Gragga/Swokes Swokes has 4 votes, Wald has 4 votes, Quardinaros has 4 votes, and Kitster has 3. A runoff might be appropriate, though I know Tycho you said you would do those later. I also know there was some confusion about the Wald/Kitster situation. I voted for Kitster because I think he was a more significant character than Wald (and the Episode I figure I most think should be made); however, if there is no runoff I will change my vote to vote for Wald (the number two figure from Episode I that I most think should be made) Without a runoff, that would put Wald over the top with 5 votes. He is a more unique figure than Kitster, so that wouldn't be so bad. (Maybe if I put Episode II Boba Fett's head on an Episode I Tatooine Anakin figure it would make a good Kitster?)

Also, it is funny that major characters are winning round after round. We, the hardcore collectors are voting round after round for new outfits for Padme and Anakin over that guy third to the right in the back. Why isn't Hasbro making these major character outfit changes? It is in keeping with their philosophy that main characters sell better AND making collector's happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid
    Also, it is funny that major characters are winning round after round. We, the hardcore collectors are voting round after round for new outfits for Padme and Anakin over that guy third to the right in the back. Why isn't Hasbro making these major character outfit changes? It is in keeping with their philosophy that main characters sell better AND making collector's happy.
    I think its a bit unfair to run the main characters versus the background character. We all want the main characters. We become hardcore collectors because we want the guy third to the right in the back. The problem with Padme is she has 15 more outfits than anyone else and historically female figures didn't sell well. I think that is changing but its still a lot for one character.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Answers about BOTH Wald and Anakin Skywalker resculpts / Padme issues...

Yes, right now you are correct with the score:

4 Gragga
    4 Quadrinaros
    4 Wald
    3 Kitster
    2 Ann or Tan Gella
    1 Dud Bolt

There are 18 votes but 16 people. This is because 2 people had voted for a Wald-Kitster 2-pack which was not offered in the poll. So rather than discounting their votes and asking them to recast them, I saw it fit to just give both Wald and Kitster each a vote from those 2 participants. Overall it didn't effect the outcome as one more person that read the instructions decided to favor Wald over Kitster and it seems to be settled between those 2 for now. However, that pits Wald against 2 other contenders and I can't "erase 2 of Kitster's votes and give them to Wald" because they are the same 2 votes Wald already has.

Choice 1: wait for new people to vote to choose a clear winner

Choice 2: Droid, I can change your vote since you only voted for 1 of them and it will put Wald over the top, but perhaps I should do it when we come to the E1 run-off?

The question is "will Wald defeat Padme Handmaiden, Queen Purple Return to Naboo Gown, Wookiee Senator Yarua, or Queen Theed Celebration Gown?"

We don't know yet, but I want to hear from anyone who objects to me letting you change your vote before I go ahead and do it, because Gragga and Quadrinaros' fans here certainly want their character of choice to get a fair shake at the quarter-finals.

Like I said, this will be much easier if someone new like JediTricks or TheDarthVader, InsaneJediGirl or another forumite comes in and adds their vote - especially if it breaks up the 3-way tie going on with Gragga, Quadrinaros, and Wald (but they could vote for Wan Sandage for all we know).

NOW AS TO THE MAIN CHARACTER QUESTION:

It is interesting that main-character sculpts, and even a re-sculpt (E2 Anakin) is winning over other background characters (for the moment) - and that Hasbro has never made this character.

So let's look at the history of Anakin Skywalker, since it's him (in dark brown) specifically that we're talking about.

1) Hanger Duel - had action features and necessity of a removeable arm
    2) Tatooine Attack - added "animation" to the character to show rage
    3) Deluxe vs. Geonosian - again - some animation to show "surprise"
    4) Deluxe Force-Flipper - shows constipation? Your guess is as good as mine
    5) Speederbike - shows effects of lobotomies performed by Jawas- Really.
    6) Secret Ceremony - offered Droid hand, but cloak is flowing wild - almost perfect
    7) Clone Wars - offeres pilot gear, and macro-binocs on belt for cool look

All of these features could have been added (save for face expressions without switchable heads) to ONE Anakin Skywalker figure and given us the ultimate version if it had a place to hang an extinguished lightsaber hilt on the belt and had one long flowing relaxed Jedi cloak (Jedi Temple / Padme Apartment). The super-articulation is I guess best in Anakin Secret Ceremony - but if they gave that figure a removeable arm (via pop-out not magnet) and a droid arm alternative included, he'd have been perfect.

Hasbro knows this. Instead I believe it was a conspiracy to plan it this way, so that while they need to keep offering Anakin Skywalker in some version to continue gaining collectors out of new fans (kids and whimsical adults who didn't collect before), they can offer us an Anakin they know we always wanted and that they've never done before.

Think about it: they could have done this Anakin when they produced the Hanger Duel Anakin 2 years ago! This is the only explanation as to why they didn't! Even the action feature in the back could have worked with a figure I described above.

Now while they are doing "Ultimate" vintage OTC figures at $10 a pop, they could also re-visit Anakin this way - but besides it not being an OTC figure, they don't need to charge us an outrageous amount to produce this character - especially since he doesn't have a 1977 reproduction cardback that "needs" a plastic protector case over the outside of the carded figure. (well, to tell the truth, I think for the v-otc's it's a cool concept -but I'm not yet planning to buy any myself)

In any case, due to her many, many, many (did I say "Many?") wardrobe changes, Padme Amidala might be as much of a main character as you can get, but every outfit change is in fact really a completely new figure because its sculpt would look nothing like a previous figure the way another Anakin in dark brown Jedi garb would (in spite of the fact that we need this Anakin - badly!)

But for right now, Hasbro chooses to play it cheaper and offer up the Hanger Duel figure again in the HOF assortment so that newbies can have him.

Meanwhile, in Episode 3, Anakin will have long hair and a scar (please, I doubt it's a spoiler now after how many insider pictures (?) so if Hasbro offers the AOTC Anakin figure the way we want it later on, it will be assured of great sales.

So it is a conspiracy after all!
    Last edited by Tycho; 05-28-2004 at 03:30 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I am not trying to screw anything up. Just leave my vote with Kitster for now. Perhaps later there will be a runoff between Wald, Quadrinaros, and the chuba seller. I don't want to make your head explode if people keep changing their votes every five minutes. I'd rather have Kitster anyway. Maybe those who haven't voted will rush in to put Kister over the top. I guess it is silly to change my vote right now, with the voting still open on that poll!

I do not consider a simple Anakin with his hand in tact in robes figure a resculpt. Maybe I'm wrong. I guess it is all semantics.

Well, I'm off, have a great weekend folks. I hope that there is alot to read from this thread when I get back!
    Last edited by Droid; 05-28-2004 at 03:43 PM.