Yarna!
    Yarna!
    Yarna!
    Yarna!
    Yarna!
    Yarna!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Scene By Scene: Favorite Figures Never Made Before

Luke Skywalker Death Star II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tycho, my Jedi Top Ten figures, in order, are: Yarna Gargan, Hermi Odle, Guard that shot Luke, Sgt. Doallyn, Vintage Palace Klaatu, Ak-Rev, Umpass-Stay, Chief Chirpa, Jerjerrod, and the Ishi Tibb from Jabba's Palace. So five of this runoff are on my Top Ten List.

I think Jabba's Palace, Ewoks, Jerjerrod, and Sim Aloo and you're pretty much done with never before made figures from Jedi.

I also think a Gamorrean Guard that holds a pike rather than an axe is a good idea, but to me that is a resculpt. I'd also like a Leia that can recline on Jabba's Throne, a better Salacious Crumb, and a greener Oola. But I'd rather have all new figures before any of these.

Mother Ewok with baby Wokling

My vote, hands down, the figure I think should most be made from all five movies, is Yarna. Hands down, no question.
    Last edited by Droid; 06-18-2004 at 12:13 PM.

I'm going with Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Artoo Ka-boom could make a really cool figure.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'm going with Hermie Odle. He is my most wanted alien right now.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    R2-D2 blasted at Endor Shield Bunker
    Mother Ewok with baby Wokling
    Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's Palace)
    Moff Jerjerrod, Death Star Commander
    Slim Aloo, Imperial Dignitary (remake of vintage)
    Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    Luke Skywalker Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet)
    Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    Klaatu (remake of vintage Jabba's Palace figure)
    Han Solo Endor Gear (softgoods removeable trench coat)
    Luke Skywalker, Death Star II (neutral resculpt, s-articulation)
    R2-D2 lightsaber launcher - resculpt much improved
    Luke DS2, runner up is tied, R2 shield bunker, R2 lightsaber and Luke Endor. It was a very close choice actually, but Luke DS2 needs to be done right once and for all (though if they did a Luke Endor that could double as Luke DS2, so much the better).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hey JediTricks, remember when you said that you still had hopes for the hobby since you wanted up to about a quarter of the figures we suggested be produced from scenes-by-scenes here?

Well there were only 211 total possible (not counting what we narrowed the field down to).

1/4 of 211 is 52.75.

If Hasbro continues to release 50 figures per year, you see my point: their selection choices could barely satisfy you over 1 year, even if they only produced what you asked them for.

Episode 3 is not taken into account here. (so add to the hobby 2 more years)

BTW: most of you voted for HALF the figures possible here. That adds one more year.

2 years of E1,2,4,5,6
    2 years of Episode 3 figures
    --------------------------

4 years total

Star Wars may be all repeats or re-sizings by 2009.

We basically have to add more Ewoks, Podracers, Gungans, Senators, and random soldiers or background characters to keep it alive. (Cantina Aliens and Jabba's Goons are already counted as having great support for).
    Last edited by Tycho; 06-18-2004 at 06:52 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    BTW, I dare ANYBODY HERE to design a Dice Ebegon figure! How in the world is this thing supposed to look as a real living guy instead of just a bloody sock puppet?!?

I actually have seen a few decent looking customs on various sites. They depict Dice as looking somewhat like a raised serpent, more folded than coiled on the ground. I still say this should be the equivalent of Wol Cabashhite for a Cantina Patrons 3-pack.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Oh, and Dack was actually killed by stray AT-AT fire, he was dead by the time the AT-AT stepped on his corpse. Either that, or Luke is a far more pragmatic guy than I had imagined. (Last thing Luke hears before leaping out of the way of the AT-AT foot, "...snuh? Hey, what happened Luke? We're not moving. I shouldn't have tried to take on the Empire mysel- smoosh." and the last thing Dack heard from Luke was "oh, sorry, what? I didn't catch that, gotta run, talk to you later." )
    I recognize that he was dead before they hit the ground, but I thought this would be more interesting, and serve the gorey needs of the crispy Lars cheering section.

Of course, if Luke were feeling truly heroic, he could have steered his snowspeeder into one of the AT-ATs like all of the brave rebel pilots that tried to take out some ships and Death Star real estate when they were going down. You think Gold Leader hopped out of his ship before it hit so that he could do knock over some gun turrets with his helmet?

Anyway, on to the purpose of this poll. ROTJ again serves up a good mix of finalists. I'd buy all of the figures on the final 37 list. My top choice is
    Yarna dal'Gargan far above any runners up. I was surprised to see no other Jabba's Palace characters beyond Hermi Odle.

Some interesting results can be confirmed

Padme as a Handmaiden is now by and far, offcially the most-wanted figure from TPM.

Cliegg Lars is also by far the most-wanted figure from AOTC.

Either candidate had 4-5 more votes than any of their prequel character challengers!

Our Sequel Characters are more likely going to need another runoff!

Hem Dazon the Arcona
    General Tagge
    CZ-3 protocal droid
    Dead Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru

All claimed equal votes. Hem Dazon and General Tagge came in first place in their respective rounds. But Wiolsea who won his round, did not get as many votes in the all-ANH round. Honestly, Owen and Beru ought to be disqualified -they're not action figures, but CZ-3 presents a problem if enough people want him more than the Arcona.

With Empire Strikes Back:

Black Bespin Guard
    Han Solo Torture Chair

tied in their round. PlasticFetish hasn't voted here yet, so if he picks one of these two, he can resolve this round.

Lando Smuggler actually won his respective wave he first challenged in, but he got 1 less vote than either of these other two.

Return of the Jedi looks to be Yarna dal Gargon's, however, she is only 1 vote ahead of

R2D2 shield bunker
    Herme Odel
    Luke from Death Star II

and Jaff, PlasticFetish, and LuciferSam could choose the finalist here.

We're not quite ready to pit all the characters from the Sequels against each other yet, as ESB and ROTJ could still be sorted out more. As to ANH, I think I'll throw both Hem Dazon and General Tagge into the fray (2 contenders from ANH, and take out CZ-3 since the droid wasn't a round-winner before). Any problems with that? I hope not.

Meanwhile, for all those who want to, you can express a preference between Handmaiden Padme and Cliegg Lars from Episode 2.
    Last edited by Tycho; 06-18-2004 at 10:58 PM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.