Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1450
    I didn't get in on this thread while the selections were being made. I was just looking back through it a little bit. It's kind of cool to see that a lot of figures that were brought up early on have already been made, and now we have quite a few from the final 50 that have been made or announced.

The reason I was looking back through this thread is that I was wondering about Commander Willard from Yavin Base in ANH. I don't see him on the final list. I didn't notice him in the early polling either, but I didn't check the entire thread. He's a figure I'd like to see, since he is the one that greets Leia when they arrive.

Commander Willard: interesting choice. I might have skipped offering him in the polling as I may have not thought of him when the Battle of Yavin was being polled for. It may also be that I personally only wanted Dodonna and Willard didn't factor in my own desires for a figure. Others could have written him in though - but he was not that high on anyone's wishlist.

This thread is interesting to re-read, as when looking back through it, you find Hasbro has done an excellent job making figures for the adult collectors in spite of a lack of Yarna and Wilrow Hood. Guys like Sora Bulq or Dud Bolt that did not make the final 50 list got produced anyhow.

With SSG's Dr. Evazan as my witness, this list and the discussion in this thread was delivered directly into the hands of Derryl Depriest, Brian, Mark, and more from Hasbro at Celebration 3, along with Kidhuman's polling list and thread link from which 36 of the same figures matched to my list. Derryl and others were very intrigued that 2 completely different polling methods generated the same 36 figures (though not in the same prioritized order) and our efforts here were discussed the following Monday after C3 concluded.

Excluding Revenge of the Sith, I think this is the most comprehensive way to look at the first 5 movies and take into account absolutely everything that could be rendered in plastic.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho
    This thread is interesting to re-read, as when looking back through it, you find Hasbro has done an excellent job making figures for the adult collectors in spite of a lack of Yarna and Wilrow Hood. Guys like Sora Bulq or Dud Bolt that did not make the final 50 list got produced anyhow.
    For those that truly want Wilrow, I hope that they get him, but I still think the whole thing started as a joke and many who want him still want him because they think it would be hilarious if he was made. You'll notice he is nowhere to be found on the list generated by this pollling, or in KH's list that he generated. I am just not sure that he is really wanted as much as some suggest. I don't think he should be lumped in with Yarna, who is much more prominent, was almost a Kenner figure, and is near the top in most lists.

EDIT: I just checked the thread and when voting was happening for the Bepsin characters, Willrow only got one vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid View Post
    For those that truly want Wilrow, I hope that they get him, but I still think the whole thing started as a joke and many who want him still want him because they think it would be hilarious if he was made.
    I agree with you Droid. I was just reviewing this thread again, seeing where the list might be updated for "check-offs."

But as for hilarious figures to be made, I think Hasbro made Jek Porkins for that reason. There was some fan interest - and the fans thought it would be funny. Hasbro did too, it seems.

This is why I'm subtly campaigning for Nyrat Agira. I don't have to have her to make a Club Outlander diorama, however she'd be interesting and make a cool (albeit sexy) figure - but she's really unnescessary and I just want to see if anyone cares if Hasbro makes her. But why waste the effort testing a figure I don't really want (Hat Lo for example)? I'd buy 1 (one) Nyrat Agira figure for sure, and she would turn out nice I'm sure!

Yeah, I think she barely got any votes in this poll as well as Wilrow Hood. Remember, we aren't re-polling until we get down to about 10 or so figures left on our list that Hasbro still hasn't made yet. Then with those (like the Saurin) done, characters like Wilrow Hood and Nyrat Agira will become far more important than having "a cloth accents resculpt of Momaw Nadon or something."
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

We have confirmation from Darryl DePriest of the Biggs Darklighter in Academy Uniform figure being produced. I'd guess you'll have him in your collections by April or May (for some of us hound dogs, a bit earlier I'm sure).

I've updated accordingly. Pretty well-grounded rumors are still in blue.

I left R2D2 that way even though we've seen the "midnight oil burning R2 (vs the Super Battle Droids)" as another R2 might surface in the collection. Who knows?

Meanwhile, Padme's figure remains unrevealed and the AOTC Anakin that's in the Evolutions and AOTC Tin sets would be extremely useful as a carded figure even though we have him crossed off below.

So without any further adue:

Here's our Final TOP 50 LIST!

1. Hem Dazon (Arcona - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    2. General Veers (Imperial Officer w. add-on Hoth Battle Gear)

3. Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    4. Beru Whitesun (AOTC)
    5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    6. Lando Smuggler (last scene of Empire Strikes Back)
    7. CZ-3 (Jawa Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley Spaceport) - possibly w. Jawa
    8. Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's fat dancer)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces)
    10. Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star II Commander, ROTJ)
    11. Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base) - this is not the Honor Guard 30th figure.
    12. R5D4 (Jawa Sandcrawler)
    13. General Tagge (Death Star Conference Table)
    14. R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    15. Bom Vimdim, (Advoze - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    16. Queen Jamilla (Naboo Queen - AOTC)
    17. Han Bespin Torture Chair (screaming Unleashed)
    18. Daultry Dofine (Captain, Trade Federation Droid Control Ship)
    19. Colonel Wulf Yularen (white Imperial uniform Death Star Conference Table)
    20. Torryn Far (female Hoth Rebel Solider, Ion Cannon Control)
    21. Owen Lars (AOTC)
    22. M'iiyoom Onith (Nightlilly - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    23. Jango Fett, out of armor (Fett apartment on Kamino, AOTC)
    24. Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
    25. Luke Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet, lightsaber) ????
    26. Saurin, (Hrchek Kal Fas from Mos Eisley Cantina)
    27. Ben Quadrinaros (pod racer) ???? (rumors of Podracer 2-pack)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina ????When already???
    29. Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    30. Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder, large creature, many eyes)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina)
    32. R2D2 Shield Bunker (Battle of Endor - shot with all parts exposed)
    33. Givin, Elris Helrot (Mos Eisley Cantina "scream guy")
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's Apartment) - possible
    35. Queen Purple Dress (Return to Naboo, travel gown - TPM)
    36. Anakin Jedi Robes (AOTC = Evolutions)
    37. Major Derlin (Hoth Echo Base and "Cliff from Cheers")
    38. Luke Medical Frigate (last scene of ESB, includes 2 right arms, one exposed)
    39. Clone Trooper, red jumpsuit (AOTC, during Obi-Wan's tour of Kamino)
    40. Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    41. Rep Been, Gungan Council
    42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace (with black helmet, gets thrown as Boussh enters)
    43. Klaatu (Woof) - original Klaatu figure by Kenner in 1983, with sheepskin
    44. Biggs Darklighter Academy (ANH Deleted Scenes)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character)
    46. Slim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary made by Kenner in 1985)
    47. black Bespin Guard (orginally as made by Kenner in 1982)
    48. Mother Ewok w. baby
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist Leadership Council, giant mouse)
    50. Padme Black Leather Temptation (fireplace scene AOTC) - possible too, now

That's 18-20 or more figures out of 50! (depends what satisfies you and how rumors will play out) Keep on going Hasbro!

(Plus Gragga and Sora Bulq which were very close to originally making this list!

So we'll see if we get them all done. Try re-reading this thread to see how you feel the discussion went now that you've experienced some results.

This was an awesome effort and I'm glad to see a lot of our wishes were taken into account.

Tycho, didn't we already get R2 with the lightsaber several years back? Or are you referring to one with an actual "launching" saber?
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

Quote Originally Posted by tagmac View Post
    Tycho, didn't we already get R2 with the lightsaber several years back? Or are you referring to one with an actual "launching" saber?
    We did get a launching one in the Flashback set of figures, but based on our figure polls, that figure has only a little more love than POTF2 R5-D4.

I'm not actually sure which is hated more. You can sort of hide the 97 R5D4 in a diorama and it's not that noticeable to those that don't know any better. The 98 R2 with Launching Lightsaber (Flashback) was one of the worts incarnations of any character, ever! (and that's saying something)

I don't think I voted for R2 in this poll, as generally resculpts are not my preference, but it really does need to be done eventually. I'm sure they can engineer some improvements and either changes in toy safety laws or corporate liability will allow them to do this right, or they'll come up with something else (like a clear blade so it's sort of "deactivated" and you only focus on Luke's hilt, like in the movie). Whatever the case about the saber, the 3rd leg has got to be rescaled. For detail's sake, I don't care if it actually launches and clears the dome. The 1985 figure (POTF coin figure) used a staggered simple lift-up option via a "ramp" of sorts inside Artoo's dome. For a Vintage, that figure looked OK then (by comparison with any other vintage R2). So for the modern, I'd rather he look right than launch that sucker 3 feet. R2D2 is not Slave-One, hehe.

In any case, looking at Hasbro closing in on completing nearly half of what we suggested (and really kicking butt on the separate ROTS poll we did), I think our choices were very well-thought-out and marketable.

Nearly every figure possibility in the 5 movies out at the time this poll was conducted were considered (and all were available for write-in). So really this thread rocked because you could go back and read through it, from any scene in any movie, and see what people thought of the merits of considering a character from that particular scene. This was one of my favorite threads on SSG ever!

This is an awesome thread - as is the best/worst thread!!!

Well as we approach Toy Fair 2007, we have some more positive updates to our list! No real surprises. All that is happening is that some of the blue listed rumored figures have turned to black-crossouts. A great development to be sure. I think R2D2 has come back off the rumored list (either a lightsaber launcher or Endor Bunker Damaged one) though the Super Battle Droid Attack R2 is a more than cool and original idea to replace these with (though I still want both the other R2s made - maybe in late '07 or by 2008).

So here is the updated list. There are still some strongly rumored figures in blue. Let's hope.

Meanwhile, Padme's figure remains unrevealed and the AOTC Anakin that's in the Evolutions and AOTC Tin sets would be extremely useful as a carded figure even though we have him crossed off below. UPDATE: the Anakin is likely a long-haired Clone Wars Tatoo'd Anakin from Nelvanna. I'm not inclined to think we needed that.

So without any further adue:

Here's our Final TOP 50 LIST!

1. Hem Dazon (Arcona - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    2. General Veers

3. Herme Odel (Jabba's Palace)
    4. Beru Whitesun (AOTC)
    5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    6. Lando Smuggler (last scene of Empire Strikes Back) - A Lando is on the list.
    7. CZ-3 (Jawa Sandcrawler, Mos Eisley Spaceport)
    8. Yarna dal Gargon (Jabba's fat dancer)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces)
    10. Moff Jerjerrod (Death Star II Commander, ROTJ)
    11. Rebel Flight Tech (Yavin Base) - this is not the Honor Guard 30th figure.
    12. R5D4 (Jawa Sandcrawler)
    13. General Tagge (Death Star Conference Table)
    14. R2D2 Lightsaber Launcher (Jabba's Sailbarge)
    15. Bom Vimdim, (Advoze - Mos Eisley Cantina)
    16. Queen Jamilla (Naboo Queen - AOTC)
    17. Han Bespin Torture Chair (screaming Unleashed)
    18. Daultry Dofine (Captain, Trade Federation Droid Control Ship)
    19. Colonel Wulf Yularen (white Imperial uniform Death Star Conference Table)
    20. Torryn Far (female Hoth Rebel Solider, Ion Cannon Control)
    21. Owen Lars (AOTC)
    22. M'iiyoom Onith (Nightlilly - Mos Eisley Cantina) - very likely
    23. Jango Fett, out of armor (Fett apartment on Kamino, AOTC)
    24. Jocasta Nu (Jedi Librarian)
    25. Luke Endor Gear (removeable poncho, helmet, lightsaber) ????
    26. Saurin, (Hrchek Kal Fas from Mos Eisley Cantina)
    27. Ben Quadrinaros (pod racer)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina indications of her finally coming out near the later half of '07!
    29. Keeolkeech, Ewok Warrior
    30. Wioslea (buys Luke's landspeeder, large creature, many eyes)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina)
    32. R2D2 Shield Bunker (Battle of Endor - shot with all parts exposed
    33. Givin, Elris Helrot
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's Apartment) - possible
    35. Queen Purple Dress (Return to Naboo, travel gown - TPM)
    36. Anakin Jedi Robes (AOTC = Evolutions)
    37. Major Derlin (Hoth Echo Base and "Cliff from Cheers")
    38. Luke Medical Frigate (last scene of ESB, includes 2 right arms, one exposed)
    39. Clone Trooper, red jumpsuit (AOTC, during Obi-Wan's tour of Kamino)
    40. Chief Chirpa, Ewok Leader
    41. Rep Been, Gungan Council
    42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace (with black helmet, gets thrown as Boussh enters)
    43. Klaatu (Woof) - original Klaatu figure by Kenner in 1983, with sheepskin
    44. Biggs Darklighter Academy (ANH Deleted Scenes)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character)
    46. Slim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary made by Kenner in 1985)
    47. black Bespin Guard (orginally as made by Kenner in 1982)
    48. Mother Ewok w. baby
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist Leadership Council, giant mouse)
    50. Padme Black Leather Temptation (fireplace scene AOTC) - possible too, now

That's still about 20 figures out of 50! (depends what satisfies you and how rumors will play out) Keep on going Hasbro!

(Plus Gragga and Sora Bulq which were very close to originally making this list!

So we'll see if we get them all done. Try re-reading this thread to see how you feel the discussion went now that you've experienced some results.

This was an awesome effort and I'm glad to see a lot of our wishes were taken into account.