Page 145 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1450
    Wow! Good day for the list. Looks like Dofine and Quadrinaros can come off. I can't believe they chose Dofine, particulalry over Tey How, but hey, that's pretty good progress on the list. 12 to go.

I just lost the big-update-list post I'd been working on. New forum controls....not used to them.

I think that to help sales, they saved Tey How as Best-for-Last, so people will bother completing the set of movie Niemoidians.

The podracers get not only Quadrinaros, but Mawhanic, and Ratts Tyrel.

I'd posted that I'd also love Wan Sandage and Aldar Beedo, but they were only seen in the comics and visual dictionary guides. However, they look like they're more fun than the on-sceen choices.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/showth...nt-Clone-Wars)

I finally started a new poll, but I am being very fair to the 12 finalists left in our results from this poll, 7 years ago - and the 2 remaining figures from our ROTS poll.

Go on over and vote!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

They still have not made 11 of them (pretty good for out of 50):

5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces)
    16. Queen Jamilla (Naboo Queen - AOTC)
    20. Torryn Far (female Hoth Rebel Solider, Ion Cannon Control)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina)
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's apt.) 42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character)
    46. Sim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary from Kenner)
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist, giant mouse is actually Rogwa)

And from our ROTS poll, only TWO remain:

Senator Amidala (Senate Landing Platform - hair in "Leia buns," - ROTS)
    Birthing Droid (Polis Masan, birth of the twins - ROTS)

It is such a complete line of action figures! There are so many more I would have bought, and maybe will, but there are only a few that I REALLY wish I had: the Tonnikas, Sim Aloo, Taym Dren-Garen (he SHOT Luke), Sgt. Doallyn.

I think the only really, really big hole in the line from a character importance standard is Cliegg Lars. I don't really personally care if they ever make him, but I will buy him if they do.

But all of the dioramas that I set up look really complete and full even if I don't have a few more background characters to flesh things out even more.

Droid, if you are making PT dioramas (as I enjoy buying to recreate the whole saga from Gungans to Ewoks), you are still lacking the appropriate Padme figures - and she is a main character.

I know as a toy company, Hasbro looks at her remaining outfits to be made as being from "non-action scenes." However, as a main character, Padme should still be released in the line each year, and perhaps more than once. Slowly but surely, they can make her other remaining outfits, and some like the Naboo Waterfalls Yellow dress, would look very striking / eye catching on the cardback. Another, her AOTC Senator Outfit from Palpatine's office / her apartment at the beginning of the movie is from another noteworthy scene.

Finally, her nightgown (not pregnant) from AOTC with the removeable over-robe from the Naboo balcony scene, is from the action scene where Anakin and Obi-Wan save her from Zam Wessel's kohoun worms.

Of course there are more Padme figures to do, and the ROTS Senate scene one is striking in its silver, plus there's the blue dress one (not a nightgown) that's reminiscent of Leia's outfit from SOTE / Xixor's palace, though she was wearing tight pants

Completing the Separatist Council is also a worthy endeavor.

Looking at OT offerings, we finish the Kenner re-dos from the '80's (or get almost finished) with Sim Aloo and we have new aliens from the cantina, and a rarity: from Cloud City - and often overlooked source for figures where new ones such as Wiorkettle could originate from if more obscure and unique facets of ESB were being catered to.

Yes, overall, we are doing very good. Our list DOES hit the bottom of the barrel, but there are still interesting choices and if the figure waves contain a good mix of the usual suspects: Luke, Darth, Obi-Wan, Jango, Maul, Grievous, trooper, droid, etc. these figures and expanded universe that would be most popular (like Zayne Carrick or Guri) can also be mixed in.

You could knock me down today! I know there were rumors of Torryn Far, but in this climate, I thought it would never happen. Let's hope she actually shows up for purchase, because if so, that would bring the list down to TEN figures!

That would leave still to be made:

5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces) (TPM)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina (ANH)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina) (ANH)
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's apt.)
    42. Sgt. Doallyn, Jabba's Palace (ROTJ)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character) (TESB)
    46. Sim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary from Kenner) (ROTJ)
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist, giant mouse is actually Rogwa) (AOTC)

So this leaves only one Empire Strikes Back figure and only five from the original trilogy. I guess if we only cross one figure off the list a year, that's still progress!

Slow, and steady progress. Sgt. Doallyn can come off the list, leaving LESS THAN TEN!

5. Cliegg Lars (AOTC)
    9. Tey How (Niemoidian controller with eye and mouth pieces) (TPM)
    28. Tonnika Sister Brea or Senni from the Mos Eisley Cantina (ANH)
    31. Reegesk, Ranat (rodent like creature, Mos Eisley Cantina) (ANH)
    34. Padme Senator (AOTC - Palpatine's Office, Padme's apt.)
    45. Treva Horme, Cloud City (tall alien background character) (TESB)
    46. Sim Aloo, Imp Dignitary (original dignitary from Kenner) (ROTJ)
    49. Tonbuck Toora (Separatist, giant mouse is actually Rogwa) (AOTC)

So there are only 4 original trilogy characters left!

Good post.

Since Padme is one of the main 3 prequel characters, you'd think we'd see some of her never-made-before (but more inconic moments for her) outfits made - like her opening scenes from AOTC in the senator outfit she wore in Palpaitne's office / her apartment when Anakin and Obi-Wan arrive.

I read that Disney wants Hasbro to focus more on OT Star Wars to build the foundation for the ST movies (7,8,9). I would like to see less Anakin and Obi-Wan (Ep 2-3 - or Ep 1 for that matter) on the pegs, besides Clones and Battle Droids.

However, there are very few OT figures I want save for rare, obscure versions of characters and background aliens.

They still could make a Dagobah Luke with his tan Bespin jacket on, but open (like Bespin Han).

I was really excited to get the Medical Frigate Luke and Leia from the end of ESB and the Torture Rack Han Solo, Lando Smuggler, etc.

In fact, Lando Smuggler could be updated for a loose vest - though I don't think I need it - but could be tempted.

OTC Troop Builders ARE going to see a Snowtrooper (Commander?) and I could care less. But the once very popular Biker Scout is slow moving these days. I just found the Basic Line's Stormtrooper, classic style, 5-point articulation in the $5 figures but I don't need him so far as I know. (Maybe I'll have to get some just in case...)

In any event, Reegesk, Sim Aloo, Treva Horme, (Wiorkettle - a Snivvian that came close but didn't make our final want list) and a mustached Bespin Guard, another Ugnaught (yeah - there's a Cloud City theme going on here) and some more Jabba and Cantina aliens like Shasha Teil (Ishi Tibb) etc. would please me.

The ultimate Han Solo carbonite could still be made as I often wanted him produced and I'd still buy him just-because it'd be so cool with so many accessories!

I also think they could make generic Imperial Officers of varying ranks with running changes on the head sculpts. They've done all I need with the various Rebel uniforms.

But included in the cases, in a limited fashion, the PT stuff has more options. This is a great way to do Padme and more Separatist leaders, PT droids (not battle droids - those are good for the Basic $5 Line, like Clones) and it might be the only way we'll see Cliegg Lars and Tey How.

I hope I love Episode 7 and I'll collect there. I'm going to buy the ship from "Rebels" but not the figures. I think I'll use the ship as "traffic" for my Coruscant dioramas.

If they ever make more CW animated figures - as mail-aways or exclusive commemorative figures, I'd be interested in those.

I also hope that regardless of whatever amount of attention is paid to the EU now, that in the ST:

Ben Skywalker
    Jaina Solo
    Allanah Solo (Jacen's daughter raised by Han and Leia)

make it into the picture somehow. They can't be too different from their earlier EU stories. They are trained to be Jedi - duh!

Then I'll gladly continue collecting ST characters. (And leave Ben's mother dead - whether or not they name her as Mara Jade Skywalker or just say "when your mother died..." in a line of dialogue without naming her).

[I would prefer to see Mara - if ever introduced in live action or animation - be introduced when she was young, in her 20's, not as a 50 year old mom to Ben Skywalker.]

But we'll see.

There are not too many characters left for me to buy, but with the focus on the original trilogy, I'm always interested in the cantina and Jabba's Palace/skiff/sail barge.

I'm most interested in the Tonnikas (I can dream), the Ranat, Shasa Tiel, Sim Aloo, and Taym Dren-Garen (he SHOT Luke!!!!)