Midichlorian Mind Trick

This may have already been discussed, so I appologize if it's a repeat.

I was watching Episode I (again) the other night and I had a question about this whole midichlorian thing.
    It seems that every person in the SW universe has some midichlorians, and that Jedi just have more and are able to use them. This is all well and good, but leads up to my dilemma.

Why doesn't the Jedi mind trick work on Watto? Is that because Watto has so few midichlorians in his body that Qui Gonn cannot manipulate them for his benefit?

Any thoughts?

It's gotta be that some species don't get a midichlorian ration when they are young. Jabba has none because Luke couldn't use the force on Jabba could he? So it's gotta be that some species have them and some don't. Maybe it's a one in a million chance of a guy being born with the midichlorians in his system? Kinda like the chances of being born albino or something. Maybe Watto didn't have any midichlorians because otherwise that oh so hilarious scene wouldn't have worked. It makes me think of Who framed Roger Rabbit and the scene where he pulls his hand out of the handcuffs and Bob Hoskins turns to him and asks if he's been able to do it all along. Roger says yes and Bob asks him why he didn't do it then. Rogers answer is that he didn't take his hand out of the cuffs before because then it wouldn't have been funn-nee! Well it's something like that I don't really recall having only watched the movie once. But you take my point? It also means that Qui-Gon has to rely on his wits a little more than normal to make things go his way. He can't influence Watto but he can influence the chance cube with a deft flick of the wrist. So in the end it doesn't matter whether Watto is force sensitive or not because it's Qui-Gon we have to concentrate on and how he resolves the problems he faces.

Question

But Jabba said Jedi powers can't work on a Hutt. Could it be that, like lead, some alien species just don't have the right internal stuff to be mind-controlled? That could be why Luke didn't force (pun always intended) the Ewoks to free them, too. Huh? I don't know...

p.s. That "lead" comment was supposed to be related to Superman, but I failed to address it. Okay...

Mr. & Mrs. Lead and Family
    327 North Platform
    Cloud City, Bespin
    Tibanna TK421

Tah dah!
    CU Later. Contracted Universe? Later. :(

Ben said the Force COULD have a strong influence on the WEAK MINDED. I take this to mean that the Jedi mind trick is more like a contest of wills. Those with a strong willpower and a strong mind are more resistant. I don't think it has anything to do with a midichlorian count.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Ben said the Force COULD have a strong influence on the WEAK MINDED. I take this to mean that the Jedi mind trick is more like a contest of wills. Those with a strong willpower and a strong mind are more resistant. I don't think it has anything to do with a midichlorian count.

...but you'd need a high Midi count to make it work in the first place. Joe-6 pack couldn't get past the border guards no matter how strong-willed he wanted to be, but a Jedi-wunderkind all chock-full-o' Midichlorians could and bend spoons at the same time.

Presumably, the patsy on the receiving end of the mind probe could only resist the mental sabotage if he could recognize that it was occuring in the first place. With TPM, the human-internal-fortitude card was tossed out and replaced with a scientific Midichlorian count rendering such resistance moot to a low-count standard human like you and me.

So the best answer is no, Midi's aren't directly involved, but by default are an integral part of the thought confusion process.