Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2004, What high-end collectibles are you getting? (MR, GG, etc.)

Oh yeah, I agree about Kroenen being the best part of the movie. 1/4 scale or not that figure rocks!! Congrats on the win.

I know what you mean about moving around a lot too. This is the third time I've moved this s**t, and is a real PITA! Thankfully this will be my last move for a long time.

For anyone who is interested, and twidling their thumbs like I am waiting for MR's Blaster replicas to be released, the date change is now on their site.

Thats a nice set up there mini-rock. Some frames full sized movie posters would top that off. I'm busy now aquiring all the pieces that will be in my future move room. Whats your DVD count?
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Thanks Jayspawn. I'm not sure what my DVD count is anymore. but at one time I had a little over 1000 IIRC. Over the last 2-3 years though I have sold a lot more than I have bought. I do more renting now, and if I end up liking the movie I buy it. I'd say I get about 8 DVD's a month including what I get for my girls, and think I may have somewhere around the 500ish area, but not too sure. With HD-DVD debuting next year I will be limiting my DVD purchases even further though.

And your right, I need to get something on those barea** white walls!

On the pieces you are getting are you focusing on anything in particular?

I'm working on Lightsabers while I'm waiting for the Stormtrooper Blaster. I'd like to get that new Rubies Darth Vader helmet but its $$$ so I'lll wait for now.

In about a week or so I'm gonna start construction on a Custom Boba Fett helmet. I've already made a screen acurate Stormtrooper Helmet myself -both helmets I'm gonna display in my future theatre room.

But as far as replicas go I still need...

Mace Windu
    Obi-Wan Kenobi (TPM or AOTC)
    Anakin Skywalker
    Master Yoda
    Qui-Gon Jinn (whenever MR gets around to making it)
    Jedi Training Remote
    Thermal Detonator
    Han Solo Blaster (l'll probably get a custom since the MR version is $$$ and not easy to come by)

Oh, I have most of the Star Wars movie posters, I'm gonna select some of them to be custom framed for my movie theatre room. Hard tochoose though -we'll see how the Revenge of the Sith posters look.

Nice! Looks like you have a lot on your plate. I have had an interest in helmets too, but lack the skills and patience to try to make one myself. I thought about getting the Rubies Vader also, but with all the inaccuracies I passed. Had the DP Deluxe Vader once also, but not an improvement in quality by any means, and just as terrible (IMO) as the Rubies version. I'm hoping for something from Sideshow since I believe their license extends to 1:1 scale helmets as well (at least that's what I've been told). A Stormie helmet would be nice too.

Hey, post some pics of yours if you can. I'd like to see it.

Being a completist at heart, I have gone ahead and commisioned a fellow collector to build me the different variants of the lightsabers from the films, since MR wont be tackling this issue anytime soon. First up is the Luke ANH saber. I will go from there and try to get pics from my 'collection room'.

Just got the email from MR, and it looks like the Princess Leia Blaster will be shipping soon.

Quote Originally Posted by [DSS]Pedr0
    Being a completist at heart, I have gone ahead and commisioned a fellow collector to build me the different variants of the lightsabers from the films, since MR wont be tackling this issue anytime soon. First up is the Luke ANH saber. I will go from there and try to get pics from my 'collection room'.
    Well, that's mighty nice of him. Good to see fellow collectors helping each other out.
    [URL=http://homepage.mac.com/jedilip/PhotoAlbum9.html]My Collection[/URL]