Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

2004, What high-end collectibles are you getting? (MR, GG, etc.)

Like most of my fellow collectors, I will be dropping a good amount of coin on high-end Star Wars props, busts, statues, diecast ships, and studio scale models this year. So far on my list is:

Master Replicas

Already have:

Darth Maul Battle Damaged Lightsaber

Medal of Yavin

Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber

Will get:

Leia's Blaster ANH

Stormtrooper Blaster ANH

Rebel Blaster ANH

AT-AT

Mace Windu FX Lightsaber

Code 3

Slave 1 diecast model

And any other ship they may come out with.

Gentle Giant

All statues, minibusts, and maquettes

Rubies

Yoda Full Size Bust

I'm sure more will be added before the end of '04.

So what's on your list?
    Last edited by mini-rock; 05-25-2004 at 05:22 AM.

Re: 2004, What high-end collectibles are you getting? (MR, GG, etc.)

This year is gonna be complicated for me. I just bought a new car and have to pay for insurance and another semester of school coming up -so its tricky. Here's what I have planned....

Gentle Giant Ltd:
    - Bossk minibust
    - Stormtrooper minibust
    - Gamorean Guard minibust
    - Luke in X-Wing Pilot minibust
    - Clone Wars Yoda Maquette
    - Clone Wars Obi-Wan Maquette (Maybe)

Master Replicas:
    - Stormtrooper Blaster
    *Thats it on Master Replicas -I had to prioritize heavily

Rublies:
    - Deluxe Darth Vader Mask (maybe, I really want one but its $$$)
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

What I am definitely going to get:
    - Stormie blaster by MR
    - GG busts (all)
    - at least some of GG's mini helmets

I would get just about everything else if I had the $.... Another very strong possibility is GG's Chewbacca statue. It was on display at Wizard World Philly last week... Very Nice!

Something I don't undersand is the fascination of making life size Yoda's. I could easily understand the first one by Illusive from back in '94 or so. But now we've had 2 others made since, and it looks like they're making a full size bust?
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

I can only afford GG Mini Busts and the basic carded figures. I guess if I slept in my car and got rid of my wife, I could buy the MR crap.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mini-rock
    Like most of my fellow collectors, I will be dropping a good amount of coin on high-end Star Wars props, busts, statues, diecast ships, and studio scale models this year. So far on my list is:

Master Replicas

Already have:

Darth Maul Battle Damaged Lightsaber

Medal of Yavin

Anakin Skywalker Lightsaber

Will get:

Leia's Blaster ANH

Stormtrooper Blaster ANH

Rebel Blaster ANH

AT-AT

Mace Windu FX Lightsaber

Code 3

Slave 1 diecast model

And any other ship they may come out with.

Gentle Giant

All statues, minibusts, and maquettes

Rubies

Yoda Full Size Bust

I'm sure more will be added before the end of '04.

So what's on your list?
    Mini, same list as mine cept I am not getting the RUBIES item. Doesnt do it for me. I am also adding the MR LUKE F/X saber as well as the MR LoTR One Ring. There will probably be alot more to come as well that hasnt been announced yet.

Quote Originally Posted by dr_evazan22
    What I am definitely going to get:
    - Stormie blaster by MR
    - GG busts (all)
    - at least some of GG's mini helmets

I would get just about everything else if I had the $.... Another very strong possibility is GG's Chewbacca statue. It was on display at Wizard World Philly last week... Very Nice!

Something I don't undersand is the fascination of making life size Yoda's. I could easily understand the first one by Illusive from back in '94 or so. But now we've had 2 others made since, and it looks like they're making a full size bust?
    Well, I guess Rubies chose to go with an AOTC Yoda full size bust to go along with their collectors helmets (Vader, Jango, Clone) since they have previously released a Yoda AOTC statue. It would have been nice to get something different, but hopefully they will expand on the line if it ends up doing well.

Also, they may be taking a page from Gentle Giant as well. Knowing the popularity of the prequels, with the fact that the prequel minibusts command more dough, they are banking on it being a hot seller like GG's. Of course that will depend on the quality of this piece which given Rubies past is questionable. The pics look good (IMO) and I'm willing to give it a shot.

FYI, Toynk has the Rubies Yoda full size bust up for preorder for $150 (which is about $70-$80 off retail). http://toynk.com/catalog/yoda_full-s...st_3314882.htm

That is a good price for the full-size Yoda bust. I'm passing on it though because I really want the Vader helmet. I'd rather have a full-size Yoda anyways (like the Pepsi Yoda).
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I'm going for the GG mini busts and helmets, as well as the mini lightsabers. Already have Luke mini saber.
    Move along, move along

Well, with OTC and VOTC coming out soon I will pass on the high end stuff, just not enough money. I got a wife and 3...2...OK 1, kid to feed.

I would have to look at getting a second job to afford all that high end garbledegook and the Army keeps me busy enough, I'm just too tired at the end of the day/week to work a second job and spend time with the family.

Priorities...oh to be a D.I.N.K. again, just for a year or two. (Double Income No Kids).

But....should I win the lottery...that would be a different story!
    May the force be with you.