Question Release Date Confusion???

Okay, I was just over at GH and I read the article about the X-wing and TIE Fighters. It said they released May '04 but last week when I was at Target and TRU in Amarillo All I saw was the Red Leader X-wing at TRU, none of the OTC stuff.

Now while the Red Leader X-wing is scaled correctly to the figures and the OTC one is not, I still want to buy the OTC X-wing for scale issues with my Darth Vader's TIE fighter. Now I do own the Red Leader's X-wing, but when I put the X-wing next to Vader's TIE there are some serious Scale Issues there and I feel like Mr. Wimpy Red Leader is gonna Lay the smackdown on Vader's Smaller ship. So this makes me want to buy the smaller X-wing so that it's more in scale with my Vader's TIE.

That said, has anyone spotted the X-wings and TIE's at Major Retail stores yet, or is GH providing false information? I'm going out of town again next week, this time to good ol Oklahoma City, and its either an X-wing, or Yu Yu Hakusho DVD for me to buy.
    See my Collection of Figures at:
    Chazz's Loose Collection
    Good Trader: InsaneJediGirl, Lowly Bantha Cleaner, Hellboy
    "If either one of these two goes Super Saiyan, I'm going home." -pinkfloyd, on the Matrix trilogy

Re: Release Date Confusion???

I wouldnt trust any release dates that are put out to be guaranteed for that time period. As we all probably know, or most of us at least (you LA people seem to be getting your fair share of new figures given all the updates in the "Just Found" area of the forums.....SEND SOME MY WAY ) distribution for this year has been spotty and prone to certain area's. I mean, I havent even seen the Jabba's Palace wave yet....thats right, the Jabba's Palace wave...the one that came out a few months ago that many people seem to be sick of seeing. Who knows if distribution will be better for the OTC stuff, one would love to think so, but you just never know . So if they say that something is suppose to be released around a certain date, I'm not sure I'd rely on that given date to be the exact one. I called my local TRU the other day and they didnt even have any clue when they would be getting in the OTC stuff, they simply said "all we have on the pegs is Empire Strikes Back stuff, we dont know anything about the OTC stuff", and in my case, chances are that means a bunch of R-3PO's and whatnot that I'm sick of seeing (I saw my fair share of them in Disney World a few weeks ago).
    Last edited by Jay86; 05-29-2004 at 07:57 PM.
    Go ahead and reply, I probably wont read this for another week or so, much less even care what you've got to say to begin with. So I'd advise you to not waste your time, but if you want to, then go ahead :rolleyes:

Great people to trade with:
    ANEEL, Sith_Killer_99, and DEFINITELY Val Da Car!

Re: Release Date Confusion???

On line stores such as Entertainment Earth had the OTC X-wing and Tie in stock last week. We should see them in retail in the week few weeks. I wouldn't worry about no getting them. I'm sure there will be plenty to go around. I mean I might only get the Tie since it looks kind of cool, but the X-wing will not see my shelves.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)