Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Endor Ambush 4-pack - Worst set ever?

GH recently added preview pics of the Endor Ambush 4-pack http://www.galactichunter.com/absolu...=2854&zoneid=2 - and frankly...this is the lowest thing Hasbro's done in this series. Not a single item is actually new or modified to be different.

Even the Jedi 4-pack had a never before released item...and the Carkoon set has a unique (for the most part) Han figure.

Things that would've made this better?

-Used the Saga/CW Clone bike as a base for the Imperial bike instead of the '95 mold.
    -Upped the detail on the Biker Scout
    -Used POTJ Bespin Han for the Endor Han. (Just take away the long jacket, add a new trench and repaint the arms?)
    -At least made the Endor Soldier different looking in some way...
    -The Ewoks are kind of fine actually since we haven't had Logray available in awhile, but even then that's not helping it much..

I can understand rereleasing old figs on cards...but this is just frickin lazy.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Re: Endor Ambush 4-pack - Worst set ever?

I kind of dig it. To me it looks good. They could of added a new Ewok, or put Paploo in it,since Wicket will be on the OTC cards but for the most part it looks real good. I really like the bike and the scout.

Repost of link here so you dont have to copy and paste.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 05-30-2004 at 03:44 AM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

No, I don't think it's the "worst" set ever.

I agree, something (anything) new would have been better, but it's not a bad group of toys. In my mind the Carkoon set is worse because of that Han figure. Honestly, I don't have any of these Endor figures loose right now -- gave some to my kid, never bought the Endor soldier at all -- so, I'll grab this set.

Like the new box style a lot also!

I don't think. I won't even get the Carkoon set for my kids. This would be a great Christmas present for my son...he loves his Playskool endor set.

I agree that a new Han Endor would've been nice. But I think these sets are all geared toward new collectors & kids who never had an interest or chance to get these before.

While yes, it would have been nice if they just repainted Logray or wicket for a generic ewok, this set still does give us two army builders.
    I like this set because of the speeder bike, I can always use a few more.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

Wow from a distance it looks great, just like a Monet painting. Yes it's bad, but looks cool in the OTC packaging. Once you find out that the bike and Scout are the POTF2 versions you kind of loose interest. Did we all expect Hasbro to make SA Scout for this set? That's what I thought. To me it's better than the last set, but that's not really saying to much. Great gift for kids though!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	endor back.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	8326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OTCEA01.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	8328  
    Last edited by Turbowars; 05-30-2004 at 12:25 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I have plenty of these figures, and then some. This isn't a very impressive set, I like the idea of Han (Bespin Capture) with a new coat, that would have rocked!

However, I still think the Carkoon set is the worst.
    May the force be with you.

This is crap! At least the other sets had something new to offer. Maybe if they had a new Han, the beardless soldier, and repainted the Ewoks to make new ones, I would think of buying this set, but it's just bad.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I look at it like the rest of the repacked figure in the OTC line. The packing is nice but its nothing to get excited about. The only way this is better than the carkoon set for me is there is nothing new to make me want one to open.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I'd say it's a good deal if you don't have those figures already.... but pretty much anyone that wanted any of these figures wouldn't have had any poblem finding them at retail way back when. They were all pretty common.

Hell, you could probably get all these figures off ebay for a cheaper price than this crap-pack. It's pretty sad that they couldn't even modify any of the figures just a little bit. I have no desire for this one, but that doesn't suprise me. The 4 packs have consitantly sucked after the Rebel Hoth one.