Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: DVD Multipacks

Re: DVD Multipacks

What the hell? Do they come with the DVD, or are they just a pack of repacks? They do look kind of cool, but man oh man Hasbro is in repack heaven. Is that the POTF2 R2?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OTCANHdvd.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	8340   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OTCANHdvdback.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	8341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OTCesbdvd.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	8342   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OTCrotjdvd.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	8343  
    Last edited by Turbowars; 05-30-2004 at 11:47 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I really think Hasbro is pushing it. I'm just as ready to see the trilogy on DVD as the next guy but I don't think it is going to be that big of a buying blitz. I could easily see double figure sales but really aside from me who is going to buy this crap? The only strong side here is the ESB set. I was just moving my ESB stuff today and was thinking how all three of those figures were really good. But that the ANH set with that same obi-wan that is going to be out on card and the cup set. I would hope for these to be a promo items but I know I would have to buy three sets to get all three.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    Is that the POTF2 R2?
    Sure looks like it. Maybe thats why the ANH pack comes with 4 figures while the ESB and ROTJ packs come with just 3.

I wonder what these will retail for?
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: “Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now don’t take this the wrong way but I think you’ve been holding out on us.”

Joker: “I don’t keep count. I’m going to kill everyone in this room.”

WTF? I was thinking the same thing Turbo. I wonder if they come with the DVD. I checked Amazon gand it says nothing so they might retail. At least there is an Emperor figure in this set.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Heh. Well, at least that solves the problem of not being able to find the damn New Emperor figure so far. So, I wonder who is going to get these things. I don't think there is any DVD's there. Since there's no markings anywhere that mention DVD's at all. It's just a set of repacks for each movie.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JarJarBinks
    I don't think there is any DVD's there. Since there's no markings anywhere that mention DVD's at all. It's just a set of repacks for each movie. Jar Jar Binks
    Umm yes it does say something about the DVD on the package. On the top of the ANH box it says Commemorative Trilogy DVD Collection. I figure it just means that these figures are celebrating the 1st release of the OT DVD and does not come with the DVD, but might be misleading to a regular Joe at Best Buy.

I see a 15.99-19.99 price tag on these. About 5 bucks per figure and another 3-4 bucks for the bad@ss packaging. R2 and 3PO count as 1.
    Last edited by Turbowars; 05-31-2004 at 11:16 AM.
    (Like my posts)

I mean there's no specs listings for DVD's, so I doubt they actually come with the DVD's. Unless they actually printed the specs on the bottom. Which is unlikely. They're just repacks that will probably be an exclusive for some retailer, for when the DVD's come out.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah I think you are right. Still think it's strange that they would put DVD on the package. How many people are going to buy this set and think they are getting a DVD? Quite a few I would think. I read before I buy, but there are impulse shoppers that don't read what they buy. They see DVD and that's it.
    (Like my posts)

Meh, since this is for new people who want to get multiple characters in one set (like the LOTR or X-Men sets) I think I'll pass. I can see where it would be confusing, if the DVD is in there or not, as it sure looks like it (from the front). At least they gave Chewbacca the best bowcaster and the stormtrooper the regular blaster.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram