Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else miss the plastic blaster fire simulations?

It just occurred to me that one of the pack-in accesories that Hasbro gave us, that I actually liked, has been discontinued. I really liked the simulated blaster fire that could be attached to the end of the blasters as well as the simulated blast bolt deflections that could be clipped onto the lightsaber blades. I think they actually made the characters look more dynamic, not to mention that you didn't have to use them if you didn't want to.

Does anyone else miss these, or am I the only one?

Re: Anyone else miss the plastic blaster fire simulations?

They were go. I only really liked the R3's effect from the preview wave. They went out with the rest of the action gimmicks.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I could live without them. They looked alright in some instances but most I took off (mainly pointless effects like Royal Guard and Dexter oooh I going to use my super electro blade to chop up some chicken??)
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

I always thought they looked stupid. Good riddance to those thigamabobs.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I could live without them. They were neat, but I never really used them.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

They were horrid. They never rarely on and if they did, they were crooked.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Not a big fan of 'em myself. Though I'm not exactly sure that I like these stands that we're getting now any better.

I like the stands much better. Although I would be happier with the ones from the 4 packs. The interlocking feature is nice but in a diorama they don't work very well.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

not a fan. the extra weight of the blaster fire seems to bend any longer gun due to the cheaper, lightweight plastic being used for figures. especially noticeable on zam's long rifle. when opened initially aside from a slight bend to the right the thing looked normal. after a year with the blast effect on the end of the gun, she's now shooting straight....down. boba fett is much newer yet his gun is starting to show the same effects.

the blast deflection with jedi look good in a diorama when facing an army of droids, and since they're so preposed thats the only way to display them.

i like the clear stands from the 4 packs best. the newest bases would be ok if they were all clear. don't want bases with detail on them since the only way to use it is with the ridiculously posed figure it came with, lack of other figures with similar base (male tusken is only one with tatooine base), or inconsistency in base (coleman trebor and aayla both have geonosis base, but are different colors/texture while barriss and aayla match up)

just give me an articulated figure and weapons (other accessories if needed for said figure) and that's enough to make me happy

They should've included the blaster effects with the Stormtroopers.
    It would help exlplain their bad shots.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!