Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does Hasbro have a Security Problem in Hong Kong or what?

How are figure packs that are being released 3-4 months from now available right this second on Ebay (the Original Commemorative Trilogy Packs and the Endor Ambush Packs come to mind)?

Does anyone have an "in" on how these are being acquired months before release? Are they given to good employees who exploit Ebay? Are they stolen?

How?

Just curious. It's nice to see what's coming but a tad ridiculous. Of course, people from Hong Kong selling in advance is nothing new, although it's usually been by only a month or even a couple of weeks. Ebayers selling figures 3-4 months in advance and having the product in hand as they auction IS new- so what's the deal?

Anyone care to explain?

Re: Does Hasbro have a Security Problem in Hong Kong or what?

Who cg ares. You see the prices they are going for. Then add 25 bucks fopr shipping. They could have EP3 figures in hand and I wouldnt buy them.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Maybe there aren't some of the same legal restrictions for exclusives and such over there. Plus the fact that the factories are over there. We still need to wait for the fig's to be shipped by sea, in most cases, to the US and then thru the retail pipeline.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Maybe the factory workers get to take complimentary sets home, the same way that comic book companies send all their writers and artists all of their comic books each month. It would make up for the fact that they're making 7 cents an hour to make us toys.

Factory workers in Hong Kong are given an option, they can recieve cases of figures as part of their payment. When my brother-in-law was selling SW on-line he used to ask his rep about all that stuff.

How come Brian's get figures so early?

How come sellers in Hong Kong get stuff up on Ebay so quickly.

How do sellers in Hong Kong get store exclusives before the stores themselves, etc.

The rep basicly told him there was nothing Hasbro could do about it, if they wanted the mfg in Hong Kong to keep producing their product they will have to live with the way they do business, and that includes offering cases to their employees early.

Oh, and Brian's get their shipments direct from Hong Kong, as opposed to having them ship to a distro center in the US and then sent out. That is why they get them first. They have to place a much larger order to get them direct though.
    May the force be with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Warstar
    Anyone care to explain?
    If you only knew...

I have a lot of pictures of new stuff that I have to sit on because of legality problems that would arise....
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Steve Email me some pics man. I wont tell anyone. Then I can post them and you wont get in trouble.
    Last edited by Kidhuman; 06-02-2004 at 11:42 AM.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    If you only knew...

I have a lot of pictures of new stuff that I have to sit on because of legality problems that would arise....

Man that is awesome and sucks so much at the same time. You get to see and know about all the stuff, but then can't tell anyone.

So....What you got?
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

What if you just described what sort of pictures you can't show....?

Look at the can O' Worms that is now open.....

Hasblah & LFL could hold SirSteve accountable no matter what...(DMCA could be used againist him) ..

I would love to hear so picture decribed as well....

I would take 1000 words to one picture if it was cool!!!!

(Like the Cantina Set Wave 2 repackaged as a single three pack in OTC packaging)
    Collect 2 Collect (if you see someone damaging stuff kick them in the shorts!)
    Great Traders Slicker,KIDD,Rebo's_Guitarist,TURBOWARS,OC47150,
    bobafrett,Jay86,Lman316 & Dark Marble!