Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Clerks" 3 disc 10th anniversary DVD

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Newsaskew.com reports straight from Kevin Smith himself...[/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]So, as most of you probably already know, we took the "Lost Scene" from the "Clerks" script (what happened when Dante and Randal went into the funeral parlor for Julie Dwyer's funeral) and had the talented folks at Powerhouse Animation ("Heroes", "Ben Saves Jen" video game) bring it to life, complete with the voice talents of Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, and Joey Lauren Adams.[/font]
    What you don't know is that it's completed, and man, does it look/play great! Top job from all involved.
    And while you've gotta wait 'til Sept. 14th to check it out, here's a little taste: some cells, courtesy of Brad at Powerhouse Animation.
    [/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]This set is shaping up to outstanding - a real treat for Kevin Smith fans. And hopefully this will be a sorta preview for the eventual "Clerks" animated movie, because Powerhouse Animation are the guys working on it.
    Anyone who read the "Clerks: The Lost Scene" comic already know the story, but it'll be great to see it animated.
    BTW, September 14th is also the day "Jersey Girl" is set for DVD.
    [/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica][/font]
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Click the link for 3 pics from the deleted scene! (Monday, May 31)
    http://www.newsaskew.com

[/font]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Re: "Clerks" 3 disc 10th anniversary DVD

Thank you very much for this info, Rocket boy!!! I cannot wait for the tenth anniversary edition of "clerks!!!!!" This DVD set is going to rock my socks off!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

No problem. I figured there were some Kevin Smith fans here that would like to know.

Other thing it may include :
    - deleted scenes
    - A new commentary with the whole cast
    - A question and answer video with the cast and crew and interviews of fans
    - A look back documentary
    - The pilot to the ill fated/horrible live action tv series made some time in the mid 90`s (with Jim Brewer).
    - The Mtv Jay and Silent Bob commercials
    - The hilarious "Flying Car" short film from the Tonight Show
    - and some music videos
    - and more, I'm sure
    DOMINATE!

This set sounds awesome, i just wish I didnt already have Clerks on DVD.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Gonna have to pick this bad boy up. Was about to buy the regular version, but will wait for this one.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well after seeing some of the stills, I have decided to buy this one anyway.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

More great news from Newsaskew today (Friday, June 4):
    USA TODAY reports that the Clerks X DVD will arrive in stores a week earlier than we'd been reporting. The date is now OFFICIALLY September 7, 2004, a week before Jersey Girl's first DVD release. This set not only celebrates Clerks, but also View Askew's 10 years in the film business, and thus is the largest set to ever arrive. At a whopping THREE DVDs, it's now confirmed that there will be two full versions of the film (the original and extended cuts), Kevin and Scott's first film "Mae Day", and heaps more. Here's the article:
    'Clerks' anniversary edition does overtime
    To mark the anniversary of Kevin Smith's debut film, Miramax is releasing a three-disc Clerks: 10th Anniversary Edition (Sept. 7, $29.99) with two versions of the movie: the theatrical release and the original, which is about 10 minutes longer and has a new commentary from Smith and cast members.

Other extras include a documentary about the film; audition tapes; an animated missing scene; Smith's student film project, Mae Day: The Crumbling of a Documentary; and some of his journals.

"I found the journal I kept at Sundance, so they're putting that in," Smith says. "It's wide-eyed, so-this-is-the-movie-business kind of stuff."

Original rumors had the long-awaited "Oh, What A Lovely Tea Party" Jay & Bob Strike Back documentary film included, however it remains to be seen whether that will indeed be a part of this set or a future View Askew DVD release. With the release just a few short months away, expect a full feature list (as well as an early look at the entire set) soon.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    - The hilarious "Flying Car" short film from the Tonight Show
    I never get tired of hearing Randell say "Diddle your peenee"!
    It's a blacked-out blur but I'm pretty sure it ruled.

Now we just need the 3-disc Mallrats and the circle will be complete!

(I'm serious, by the way. To anyone who doubts me, I say merely, "Your mama.")
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Mallrats is a great movie. I took ya seriously, and

"Your Grandma"
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten