Harry Potter VI and VII speculation

If you do know something for sure, please keep it to yourself. This is a "speculation" thread, not a "spoiler" thread.

That said, feel free to discuss anything from the first five books as necessary.

Here's some of the things I think will happen:

Book VI will end with another major character dying. He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named will have another big fight, though I doubt with Harry. Since he's back in the realm of the living, I think she'll save that for the final book.

A new Minister of Magic will emerge in the end, possibly Dumbledore or maybe Mr Weasley. Cornelius Fudge will be either killed or discredited.

Snape will die a hero, probably defending Harry from one of the Malfoys.

Given Rowling's love of picking up supposedly dangling plot threads, I doubt we've seen the last of Norbert the Dragon.

Either Ron or Hermione will probably die at some point. If Ron dies, Harry will end up with Hermione. Otherwise he'll end up with Cho or Ginny. If neither dies, Ron will end up with Hermione.

I seriously doubt it will happen, but there is the very slight chance that whatever happened to Sirius in that "black hole" didn't actually kill him.

And no question, we'll learn more about Aunt Petunia's knowledge of the wizarding world prior to Harry starting at Hogwarts. (I doubt any of us weren't shocked by the "Remember your last" bombshell from Order of the Phoenix.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Re: Harry Potter VI and VII speculation

I would love to read a story about Harry going through the portal to get Sirius back.

Ron and Hermione will wind up together, as will Harry and Ginny. It sounded (though I haven't read Phoenix since it came out) that Cho was kind of dealt with and wasn't going to be the one somehow.

We need to see what will become of Fred and George, after the most spectacular exodus ever depicted on the printed page. ("Give 'em hell for us Peeves!" )

To be honest, I don't remember Petunia's comment. I've just finished my second go with Azkaban, and am planning on getting through 4 and 5 over the next month or so. My working knowledge of them is just not up to snuff.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Re: Harry Potter VI and VII speculation

I wonder if any of the soccer hooligans aspects will show up in a Quidditch match (maybe Harry will have to give up playing so he's not as easy a target for Voldemort).

Ron and Hermoine are the Han and Leia of these stories. I think their relationship inevitiable. I think that Cho will die (turns Harry against HHMNBN much more personally and violently).

I think Snape will survive. He has some info that's necesary, I believe.

Malfoy will be tempted by Voldemort to become his next apprentice or something, and perhaps die or be seriously wounded in the attempt.

In Book 7, Harry will become the youngest Headmaster in Hogwort's existence.
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."