Where's the 2-CD soundtrack?

I can only guess, but maybe Sony is waiting for Ep3 to put out a huge prequel trilogy box, ala LOTR will eventually have. I know that the OTC 2-CD sets are on another label(BMG?) and are still in print. Wouldn't suprise me at all to see new 2-CD soundtracks with the new DVDs. Anyway....
    I enjoy John Williams work a lot, for example, Catch me if you can was a very cool and clever soundtrack.
    I like the 2-CD Ep1 soudtrack a lot and just feel a little cheated that the same for Ep2 never got released.
    Any thoughts.....?

Re: Where's the 2-CD soundtrack?

Absolutely! There's a lot of cool music that hasn't been officially released, like Yoda's fight theme and the source music from the Diner.

Apparently it's a shorter score overall, though, because some unused TPM music was used for a lot of the Battle of Geonosis.

I think maybe the lackluster sales of the poorly done Ultimate Edition TPM CDs are hurting our chances, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

You know... they ought to expect things like that. 2-disc soundtracks are for the die-hards and serious fans of the films. They should "expect" the sales to be lower on such items. In all honesty, they should just release the double disc straight out of the gates as they did with the original "Star Wars" and "Empire" soundtracks. Why give the option to buy an edited version of the release?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Personally, I don't think the AOTC music is that good, so between that and the Ep 1 Ultimate set's poor showing at the register, I'm not terribly surprised there's no 2-disc set here. Besides, when you listen to the AOTC soundtrack album and you hear how much it got chopped up in the film, I can't imagine a large number of people really wanting it exactly as heard that way in the picture.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JEDIpartnr
    You know... they ought to expect things like that. 2-disc soundtracks are for the die-hards and serious fans of the films. They should "expect" the sales to be lower on such items. In all honesty, they should just release the double disc straight out of the gates as they did with the original "Star Wars" and "Empire" soundtracks. Why give the option to buy an edited version of the release?
    Right on.
    Ya know, there's a reason why most soundtracks that are mulitdisc have the option, and that's because Highlights discs sell better, but Full soundtracks or scores please die hards or ANYONE WHO WANTS TO BUY ONE.
    It's so stupid that AOTC still doesn't have the full treatment.

Hey anyone payin attention at Sony?
    Put out Ep3 in a highlights and full ULTIMATE version.
    And then to be greedy put out Ep1 and Ep2(FOR THE FIRST TIME) in single jewelcase, double disc versions ANNNND put out a box just like the Cd Trilogy except call it PREQUEL TRILOGY.
    Not too hard to do, maaan .

I'd even settle for a "More Music from Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith" CD after the 1-disc ROTS soundtrack comes out.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I dont see how you people can call the Ultimate TPM soundtrack poorly done. How so?

I think its f'n amazing!

The last I heard of an Ultimate AOTC soundtrack was that Lucasfilm was tied up with ROTS as hadnt the time and was going to get to it later after Episode III. Sony can't do it of course without Lucasfilm.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jayspawn
    I dont see how you people can call the Ultimate TPM soundtrack poorly done. How so?

I think its f'n amazing!

The last I heard of an Ultimate AOTC soundtrack was that Lucasfilm was tied up with ROTS as hadnt the time and was going to get to it later after Episode III. Sony can't do it of course without Lucasfilm.
    The TPM soundtrack was poorly done by the way each track was seperated into different shorter sections. Some trackes only lasting 30-seconds. This means you can't put your CD Player into random and play "guess the scene" like I used to do with my OT soundtracks .

The TPM soundtrack should of had long 15-odd minute tracks instead of chopping each track into smaller sections, just like the OT soundtracks!

Hopefully if a Ep2/Ep3 Ultimate Soundtrack is released then it will have longer tracks and less chopped up garbage

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection