Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Creed is no more....so sad

Quote Originally Posted by Reefer Shark
    IMO the music sucks, and that's all that matters to me.
    Ditto.
    BTW: JMG hit it right on the head, Creed is pop-rock just like Blink 182 is pop-punk. There really aren't anymore signed bands out there that are straight up Rock and Roll these days...... it just doesn't sell
    Associating Creed with any form of Rock, even pop-rock, is an insult to rock.

And Velvet Revolver looks very promising in terms of straight up rock and roll (but considering I'm a massive STP fan, I may be a bit biased ).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I hate to admit this, but I actually own three Creed C.D.'s. I even tried to get one ticket to the Chicago show, but after hearing about Mr. Stapp's lackluster performance, I'm glad I didn't go (couldn't get a ticket, it was a sold out show.) (BTW, there is a lyric in that last sentence) hint hint *foreigner*

I did take my son to see a Rush concert last night! Now there is a band that has stood the test of time. My 13 year old son even enjoyed the show!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Bacta Beast
    And what kind of backwards crap is that anyway?! We're automatically not supposed to like a band if their message positive? That's just alot of b.s. to be buying into.
    First off, I just realized that there is a typo in that quote. It should read "But I do," rather then "But I did." I changed what I was typing and must have miss that.

Second let me clarify what I said because it clearly went over your head. I do like Creed's first album, plain and simple. When compared to the most of the music I listen to (and/or like) it's a tad out of character. My experience with most people is at some point I'll learn something about them that is out of character for them. Hence the second part of my quote about liking stuff we shouldn't. Get it?

Finally I don't remember saying anything about a positive or negative message of any band and that being the reason to dislike (or like) that band.
    Last edited by LusiferSam; 06-07-2004 at 01:45 AM.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Well, I certainly don't mind the indictment of Creed as a "Pearl Jam ripoff" - considering Pearl Jam crapped out after their first album, SOMEBODY had to pick up the torch.

Hell, I love Slipknot. You don't see me jumping all over Ceaser do you? It's all a matter of taste, and to each his own.
    Well hell, I'm starting to warm up to Slipknot after the great job their drummer did going above and beyond by filling in for Lars Ulrich at the Download Festival this weekend. Also Lombardo from SLAYER!!! and Flemming, Lars' drum tech, did some filling in. I give credit to Mr. Slipknot drummer, he went eight songs with them.

....wait, this was supposed to be about Creed, wasn't it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	slipknot.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	78.1 KB 
ID:	8369  
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 06-07-2004 at 03:58 AM. Reason: fixed the quote
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    Well, I certainly don't mind the indictment of Creed as a "Pearl Jam ripoff" - considering Pearl Jam crapped out after their first album, SOMEBODY had to pick up the torch.
    i have to disagree - pearl jam have never written a bad song let alone made a bad album. creed is what you would have got if pearl jam had remade ten over and over and i really don't like groups who write and release the same sounding thing over and over again. it wouldn't have been so bad if creed had found their own sound but they just spent their whole career ripping off pearl jam and alice in chains.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

Quote Originally Posted by Boba Frett-Gramm
    (BTW, there is a lyric in that last sentence)
    Well, at least you got to hear one guitar and I bet it didn't blow ya away

good one, Frett, double s to that classic reference.. man I love that song

Oh, and to keep on topic, the "message" of creed wasn't too hot either... sounded like a bunch of (ironically) self aggrandizing self-flagellation...

And yeah, gotta make it clear that I could care less what anyone likes to listen to, just certain "tastes" would keep me from hiring people to DJ my wedding, is about the only real-life implication I could see

oh, and they were ripping off one-hit-wonder "Live" too, but no-one cared

Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by mabudon

oh, and they were ripping off one-hit-wonder "Live" too, but no-one cared

Leave "Live" out of this. And explain One Hit Wonder with them. They have 6 albums, all better than the rest. Just because they "****" in the mainstream, doesnt make them a one hit wonder.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by kidhuman
    Leave "Live" out of this. And explain One Hit Wonder with them. They have 6 albums, all better than the rest. Just because they "****" in the mainstream, doesnt make them a one hit wonder.
    I'm gonna have to side with Kid on this one. Live is a great band in every aspect. I do like how their albums got more and more spiritual AND the music still rocked my socks off. I also had the pleasure of seeing Live with the Counting Crows back in 2000 and it was so awesome. Ed is the man at live shows and manipulates the crowd like a God. and i counted like 4-5 hits they had, so "one hit wonder" really can't apply to them.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

"One Hit Wonder" doesn't mean they don't have multiple albums, it means they've only had 1 mainstream hit.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!