Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Creed is no more....so sad

I know that Rocketboy, but they have had more than one mainstream hit. See JMG's
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Well...I really don't know anything about Live...

So I am going to side with mabudon because he told me about the Hendrix/Kilmister connection. We talked about some other stuff, and he's like Yoda in many ways. A man of metal...and probably other stuff, too.

And he has a picture of him and Dio! Devil horns and all!

Now let's put on some Holy Diver or Ace of Spades or The Fallen One and bang our heads to music that we all agree rocks.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

PEarl Jam has never written a bad song ? Right.

Counting Crows - another band which needs to go . . . terrible song for Shrek 2, just terrible.

Jaymz, "I'm the maaaan on the siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilver mountaaaaaaaaain ! "

imo pearl jam have never written a bad song. they are one of the most consistent bands i have ever come across. they are brilliant live too. i have seen them in venues ranging from the 4000 capacity brixton academy to the 12000 capacity wembley arena which is like a cattle shed and they are one of the few groups i have seen there that managed to make the show still seem like an intimate club show.

live are pretty good too - another band who have been very consistent in the quality of songs across their albums.

as for counting crows - file in the bin next to nickleback.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

I think its time you all cozy up to the newest TESLA CD "Into the Now"

True test of time good ol Rock N Roll..

A court is in session, a verdict is in
    No creed on the docket today
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Salsa Shark.. I think were gonna need a bigger boat..[/FONT]

Fettfield- Thanks, man, anything to help the 'heads get what they need, Metal is the way (btw I got more metal stuff to say, keep yer eyes peeled)

KH, JMG, Sorry to drag "Live" into this, but musically they're almost the same thing as CREED (from the songs I've heard, there could be a whole bunch of radically different stuff, but the stuff I heard sounded like Slade's "My oh my" with rotten vocals and somewhat sillier lyrics, over and over again, could just be me)
    That's what I meant I guess... even Pearl Jam has at least 3 totally different arrangements that I can think of off the top of my head, and I don't give them too much credit (being careful here, huge eyes are watching)

But Creed's still broken up, so it's all good

And again I feel it important to stress, I would never judge anyone on what they liked (unless they liked throwing stuff at my head or something, then I would have a problem) but judging an artists' body of work, especially so close to (and having lived through) the times which would best give it context, I'm all for it.

out
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Quote Originally Posted by James Boba Fettfield
    Well hell, I'm starting to warm up to Slipknot after the great job their drummer did going above and beyond by filling in for Lars Ulrich at the Download Festival this weekend. Also Lombardo from SLAYER!!! and Flemming, Lars' drum tech, did some filling in. I give credit to Mr. Slipknot drummer, he went eight songs with them.

....wait, this was supposed to be about Creed, wasn't it?
    Oh wow, that's pretty cool! I would love to have seen that, Slipknots drummer really kicks @ss on the new album, and of course Dave Lombardi is the king of rolls!

I for one don't dislike Creed because of their positive message. If that was the case, I'd hate U2, and they're one of my favorites. They're also a lot better than Creed musically. Plus, you don't see Bono on the news for getting drunk and doing crappy shows. You see him following his beliefs and trying to make a real difference. Love 'em or hate 'em, agree or disagree, you have to give U2 credit for that.

Live is a great, versatile band, mabudon. And as for hits. . .

From Mental Jewelry (and, if you're a completist, also from Four Songs):
    1. Operation Spirit (The Tyranny of Tradition)

From Throwing Copper:
    2. Selling the Drama
    3. I Alone
    4. Lightning Crashes
    5. All Over You

From Secret Samadhi:
    6. Rattlesnake
    7. Lakini's Juice
    8. Turn My Head

From The Distance to Here:
    9. Dolphin's Cry

From V:
    10. Overcome

From Birds of Pray:
    11. Heaven

And even though they weren't hits, "Waitress" from Throwing Copper, "Freaks" from Secret Samadhi, and a freakin' incredible cover of Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line" from the Good Rocking Tonight: The Legacy of Sun Records are three of my all-time favorite tracks.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 06-11-2004 at 12:29 PM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux- I think you left out "pain Lies in the riverside"- i know that got lots of airplay, at least around here. I still it hear it from time to time.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks. We all may not agree on music, but we can all share in the joy that Creed is no more. I suggest buying buches of their CD's and burning them to celebrate.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    Chux- I think you left out "pain Lies in the riverside"- i know that got lots of airplay, at least around here. I still it hear it from time to time.

Oh well, different strokes for different folks. We all may not agree on music, but we can all share in the joy that Creed is no more. I suggest buying buches of their CD's and burning them to celebrate.
    Ooh, that was definitely not an intentional omission. That song rules!

I think Creed, to me, falls in the "if I see a used copy of their big CD for less than $3, I'll consider buying it." (Of course that doesn't always mean I will. I had the same thoughts about Fiona Apple, then I listened to a copy that was priced at $1 and decided it was 99 cents too much! )
    Tommy, close your eyes.