Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool McFarlane: Clive Barker's Infernal Parade

Spawn.com unveiled pics of the newest line of figures from the twisted mind of Clive Barker today. Due in August, Infernal Parade is a traveling circus of freaks, geeks, oddballs, and probably this year's two best attempts at objectifying women since Jenna Jameson was cast in plastic form.

http://www.spawn.com/toys/series.aspx?series=180

Between these, Monsters 3, Ghostbusters, Buffy, and Star Wars, it's gonna be an expensive summer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPBethanyBled.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	18.7 KB 
ID:	8358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IPMarySlaughter.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	8359  

Re: McFarlane: Clive Barker's Infernal Parade

These are really creepy and I really want a few of them.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Count me in as well.

clive barker's tortured souls are some of my favourite figures ever made, so i really love all of these too. what a crazy, crazy circus! unfortuanately, i don't think i will be able to afford the whole series and so probably will end up not getting any of them !
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

is this what you fought for?/green order/green order

I've gotta give McFarlane props for these. I really thought Tortured Souls and Twisted Land of Oz went way over the top, but I actually like these and might even pick up the whole series. Seems like a cool concept and I'm pretty interested in reading the story that goes along with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay
    I've gotta give McFarlane props for these. I really thought Tortured Souls and Twisted Land of Oz went way over the top, but I actually like these and might even pick up the whole series. Seems like a cool concept and I'm pretty interested in reading the story that goes along with them.
    mary slaughter is way more over the top than anything in either tortured souls line, especially that spike attached to the ankle restraints ! there might not actually be any story with them - there wasn't with the tortured souls 2 series but it would certainly be nice to have some background on the freaks in the carnival.
    come one, come all/chalk your eyes/blood for gall/this isnít the same world/your children are offerings/bow down/give thanks for their scant sufferings/chalk your eyes/the bigger the god so small the man/just this wooden horse remains

Gonna have to disagree with you on that one; Mary Slaughter has none of her 'innards' showing as was unfortunately the case with all of the Tortured Souls figures. She's not going through anything that some people arn't known to put themselves through in real life. There's a guy that lives in nearby Berkley, CA that not only puts himself through worse self mutilation - he occasionally makes a stage show out of the deal. She seems pretty tame in comparison to me; especially considering how far the Tortured Souls line took things.

depends on your definition of innards i guess - most of them have some flesh cut away to reveal the muscle/bone underneath but not that many actually had what i would term innards on show poor old moribundi is probably worst, poor chap and Talisac probably counts too, with the birthing sac lodge in him. you can see feverish's innards, or more precisely where they would be if the little worm creatures hadn't devoured them.

however, mary slaughter is rather skimpily dressed and what she is doing with the upward pointing sword attached to her ankle restraints is very overtly sexual which i think is more over the top than anything seen in the tortured souls ranges. it doesn't bother me particularly because i love the infernal parade figures but as you say, some people put themselves through this sort of thing in real life which is very disturbing! each to his own though.

Actually, I said "innards" not innards. I think my point still stands pretty strong considering that rather graphic description.
    Honestly, the sexual context hadn't even ocurred to me until you pointed it out. Still far less graphic in my opinion.

oops - perhaps that just means that i am some weird sort of pervert. it was one of the first things i noticed. 'that won't be very comfortable if she sits down' i thought