R2-Q5... floppy legged ??

I managed to pick up R2-Q5 along with the entire FX-7 Wave(Whoo Hoo !!) over the weekend.
    I opened up my R2-Q5 to pose him on my Empire shelf... when I discovered that his center leg can't support his wait... In other words... he falls forward if I extend his center leg.

Has anyone else had this problem... also is this the same scuplt as the R2 w/Holo Leia ?? and does this figure have the same troubles ??
    Collecting Star Wars figures ain't like dustin' crops boy !!

No problem at all with mine.

Indeed I have experienced this problem with my astromech droids, namely R2-Q5. It's called premature retraction and it can be very embarassing. There is no known cure as of yet, at least not one I've thought of.

I bought one just after they started shipping and mine doesn't have a problem at all. In fact he's more robust than both of my R2 with holo Leia's.

Perhaps it's later impressions or a second mold that causes this problem. I've heard that when they make a lot of a certain figure, rather than craft two molds they simply make a cast from an existing figure which can result in shrinkage of the newer figures by fractions of a milimeter. If you compare the clean biker scout with the dirty one, you'll find that the holster on the clean one is larger than the holster on the dirty one. which will lead you to examine the whole figure and discover that the dirty biker scout is fractionally smaller all round than the clean version.....

Thus illustrating my point. It's a molding issue that doesn'rt affect all R2-Q5's. You unfortunately have one of the affected/afflicted ones and you should love and cherish you R2-Q5 for what it is - special. Not all astro droids are made equally and some are born with defects. This doesn't mean they are less of an astro droid because of it though and you should never allow yourself to think that way. Prejudice is the wrong way to go I feel. And there are bound to be some lovely technicians who can offer your R2-Q5 excellent therapy and support for this affliction he has sufferecd through no fault of his own.

Mine is solid, I haven't had any troubles like this with any of my 3-legged astromechs since '96.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Mine's good too. Never could be better! Well...cept I had to replace some of the silver paint because it started to come off...
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

No... no problem... why?

I haven't had any problems with the little black droid- as far as the leg is concerned. I still have a problem with the poorly sculpted "eye" on his dome, however. I really hate the fact that it looks like a square with a slight bump on it. Bahhhhhhhh!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Hi!! I am new on the forums so go easy on me. I finally got my R2-Q5 at target a couple of days ago and opened him up. Mine stands ok too. One of the legs is a little loose, but he works.
    "Not again, Obi Wan is going to kill me."

Hello. who are you and what do you want? I'm Joe Bloggs and this is my wife fatima. Say hello Fatima...... She's very shy.

Why is R2-Q5 so shiny? I don't recall the photos of him having such a shiny finish. Maybe it's a different droid I'm looking at.......