• 1 or 2 new items a year is enough

180 30.61%
  • At most, 1 new Ewok every few years

41 6.97%
  • Never, we need no more Ewok toys

44 7.48%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

How often should Hasbro release new Ewok toys

With the recent release of the Ultra Ewok w/ glider, the discussion soon turned to other Ewok figures and items that have yet to be released in the modern line. Some would argue that Hasbro has only given us a small handful of Ewok toys in the past decade and have yet to cover all the figures from the vintage line, much less expand upon this army of furry little bears from Return of the Jedi; others have suggested that while there should be more Ewoks, only army builder packs of generic figures need apply; yet others still believe that there is little interest in Ewok toys and that more of them would simply oversaturate a tenuous market thus making Ewok toys look bad as they collect dust on shelves.

Some of the items suggested have been:

• Ultra Ewok with catapult
    • Mother Ewok with wokling
    • Chief Chirpa
    • Warok (incorrectly rumored to be the recent Saga Ultra Ewok)
    • Romba
    • Lumat
    • Paploo (repair the damage done with the AT-ST set)
    • generic Ewok army builder pack
    • Ewok village
    Seeing that there are plenty of Ewok items that could be done, how often should new Ewok toys be released into the modern line? Will the spectre of secret Ewok interest keep new toys flowing, or over 20 years later are collectors still not ready for teddy bear action figures?

Re: How often should Hasbro release new Ewok toys

Like the cantina patrons, the pod race pilots, Amidala's outfits, and until just recently, Jabba's palace, the ewoks are one of the most underutilized character groups to be made into toys in the SW universe.

I think offering them at the rate of one or two every three or four waves would be sufficient to not oversaturate the market, as well as to avoid confusion about which ewoks have been released or not. They do look pretty similar to the untrained eye.

I think offering cantina patrons in a slightly more regular rate would make us all happy as well, say one character per wave, or two of them every 2nd or 3rd wave. Pod race pilots could probably be released in multi pack sets 2 or 3 times a year, and Amidala's outifits could be released as one every other wave.

One every hundred years should do it.
    43 muscles to frown, 17 muscles to smile, but not one single muscle to sit here with a dumb look on my face. Now we're talking efficiency.

3 or 4 a year wouldn't hurt. I really want the Ewok mother with Wokkling.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I was going to put 1 to 2 times a year, but since I have a disturbing thought that the line will die within two years after EPIII, I went for 3-4 times a year, just to get them done before the "end".

These little furballs were instrumental in the "Battle of Endor". Were it not for them the rebels would not have had a chance to take out the shiled generator, thereby leaving the Death Star open to attack.

They should be given their due. At least the figures/sets mentioned should be made. I'd be happy with that, then if there's time and the line doesn't die, they could make more Ewoks.

Personally, I'd rather see that Hasbro makes all characters with a speaking role first, then those who didn't speak but had a pivitol role, then background characters.
    Move along, move along

I put 3-4 a year. I don't need to see them spaced out. It could be a three pack or something like that. Also after two years I would want to back it down to 1-2 a year.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Quote Originally Posted by jedi master sal
    I was going to put 1 to 2 times a year, but since I have a disturbing thought that the line will die within two years after EPIII, I went for 3-4 times a year, just to get them done before the "end".
    Nah - with the animated series coming out, and the EU, I suspect SW will be around for a while longer...

Unlike some people I like the Ewoks. These furballs are what the Battle of Endor different. With that said I'd like to see between 1-4 new Ewoks or Ewok accessories per year (I voted for 3-4). Not enough to over do it, but enough to get some more Ewoks in. Or get some redone, can you say Paploo and Wicket.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

I voted at least one or 2 per year. There arent really many thagt stand out, so that should pace it for awhile. Ewoks are a key point in ROTJ. They are very underrated as figures and I do believe would sell. There are many an Ewok still yet to be made in our modern line. Hasbro needs to represent the Moon of Endor alot better than crumby repacks.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I think the whole ewok thing has been underproduced, but so have so many other aspects of the movies, like B'OM has stated above. However I think they should be parceled out once in a while, like a couple of times a year. More than that is just too much. Same thing with other "specialized" scene specific characters.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas