Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

I know this is real early but I wanted to post this news here.
    [font=verdana, arial, helvetica]It seems that a two-and-a-half-hour version of Goblet of Fire isn't enough for some Potter fans. More than 1,200 of them have signed a petition to Warner Bros. demanding a movie that's between three and a half and four hours long, so as to not leave out a single plot twist. Wizard News reports that a four-hour flick, with an intermission, could happen. (Jeannette Walls' The Scoop)[/font]
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Have they started shooting it yet?

Yes. During a recent news story about the success of POA they mentioned that the cast took a break from shooting to be at the premier.

I wouldn't mind a 3-4 hour movie. Long movies aren't the norm but they aren't also unheard of. Look how long the LOTR movies and they were successful. If nothing else, they should shoot the scenes, edit some of them out to reduce the movie run time BUT include them in the DVD release.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Yeah, it started shooting March 19th. I wouldn't mind it being very long, but putting an intermission in it somewhere would be beyond dumb. I mean, if by some chance, it would stretch over the 4 hour mark, they could go "kill bill" style and release it in parts. Of course, they shoudln't wait the half year, but more like 2 weeks. It would be good as:
    1. The movie wouldn't drag, for sure. I'm not saying it would, but it being long it would risk it.
    2. You're GUARANTEEING business for the second volume. People go see the first installment and then they have to see part two. It'd be very good, profit wise, for WB to go this route.

I think they'll play their cards right. HP has been great to them and they won't want to screw it up. cheers!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Is there a tenative release date for GOF yet? I was wondering how much of a wait we'll have for each installment from here on out.

I have a great tollerence for a long movie - but their prime market of kids does not. I cannot imagine 4 hours with my 7 year old.

I like the LOTR/Peter Jackson model of shooting the "ideal" movie and releasing it on DVD. Earlier I mentioned how well I thought they edited the story on POA, and I think the same could be accomplished with Goblet.

Is there any word that there is additional footage for POA that we can look forward to showing up on DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Is there a tenative release date for GOF yet? I was wondering how much of a wait we'll have for each installment from here on out.
    November 18, 2005.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

This is a guess, but I think the Quidditch championships at the beginning could be trimmed quite a bit to save about 30 minutes of screen time.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Exhaust Port
    Is there any word that there is additional footage for POA that we can look forward to showing up on DVD?
    No. I read in Entertainment Weekly with Daniel Radcliffe on the cover that they intentionally left a lot out so the movie could be more focused around the problem, I guess. They also said (thank God) that the Marauder's Map creators/animagus deal will be explained in a future movie.

And Chux, yeah. I'm reading it right now, and I'm trying to think what they can cut. The Veela and Leprechauns, I bet, won't be in it so long, and I doubt we'll see inside their tents. Also, one of Viktor Krum's Wronski Feints can be cut. Similar to how the game started in the middle in COS to save time.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram