Hybrid View

Trouble for Master Replicas?

From a post over at Lord of the Rings Guide.com. This is from a newsletter sent to MR's Authorized Retailers and Distributor Partner:

Dear Authorized Retailers & Distributor Partners,

We are disappointed to announce that we will not be able to fulfill orders on the following products because they are not scheduled for production:

LOTR Gandalf the White Staff (LR-102)
    LOTR Light of Earendil (LR-101)
    Star Wars FX Jacket (SW-400 series)

We apologize for the change in the 2004 production schedule.

Many collectors are now wondering if MR will face the same fate as ICONS, and that it could possibly mean the beggining of the end for MR. Personally I think it is a smart move for MR to not produce these now considering how poorly they have presold. This way there is still hope these may happen sometime in the future. Well, except for the FX Jacket.
    Last edited by mini-rock; 06-10-2004 at 03:38 AM.

Re: Trouble for Master Replicas?

Atleast the ONE RING is still scheduled.

MAkes you wonder how something like that jacket made it to the point where they would even consider producing it. Having worked in the retail fashion world before, there have been many things that would come along and you'd step back and wonder how much someone was paid to design it.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Maybe its because of the price points? Stuff is too high for what they are making.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I will ask about this... personally I think it is simply not enough orders on these items.
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Quote Originally Posted by SirSteve
    I will ask about this... personally I think it is simply not enough orders on these items.

Exactly what I was thinking, and thanks for looking into that Steve.