Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OTC Millennium Falcon Pic

Just saw this pic over at Hasbro site...

What's up with this paint job? It doesn't look so good to me. I prefer the plain off-white vintage falcon to this weird combo of colors. Anyone know in what movie the falcon looked like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	falcon_out.jpeg 
Views:	90 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	8382  
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Re: OTC Millennium Falcon Pic

Um... maybe Star Wars: A New Hope: Super-Special Edition?

This pretty much looks to be the exact same paint job as the POTF2 release. The only thing I really find interesting about this re-release is the claim that the cockpit has been redesigned to fit the figures better. Let's hope that's true.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    Um... maybe Star Wars: A New Hope: Super-Special Edition?
    hehe...maybe this version of the falcon will be on the sept .dvd release

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada
    This pretty much looks to be the exact same paint job as the POTF2 release. The only thing I really find interesting about this re-release is the claim that the cockpit has been redesigned to fit the figures better. Let's hope that's true.
    Is it still the same mold from the vintage falcon though? except the cockpit if they fixed it. Maybe they redesigned the seating in the cockpit. I know it had a divider in the middle underneath the "dashboard" so maybe they are taking that out or something. But the paint job...the paint job??
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

i saw some pictures of the new cockpit. If I can find them I will post the link. The hinge is now in the front not the side and I believe there is a little more room but not much since the outside mold is the same.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

If Hasbro wants Chewie to be able to fit inside the Falcon, they either need to make a skinny, short version similar to the vintage figure (which I am willing to bet no one wants), retool the cockpit OR give Chewie some legs that pop-out below the knee so he can at least look like he is sitting behind the control panel.

I really wish Hasbro would stop with the weathered paint jobs, they look great on prototypes because they're hand painted, but in production they look like crap. If they had just done a mild-paint wash (similar to the POTJ B-Wing) over the entire vehicle, that would have been great.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

WHy make it multi colored? I agree Deox, the off white, dirtiness should be there and not grey.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

The grey's a little too over the top. With any luck the colour's will look a little more subtle in real life.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I was a little put off by the fact that the cockpit hatch is a darker grey colour but the remainder of it is that whitish colour of the plastic. I think the Falcon is a worn and dirty looking vehicle but I think the overall paint deco is a bit off. I'm still going to pick this up, though. The improvements are too good to let it pass!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

And still I have yet to see any pictures of this great new light up engine. The most significant improvement over the older versions and its not showcased in any pictures that I have seen. What the hell?!!?

I was considering purchasing this ship, but if the paint is going to look that crappy I'll pass. I hope that isn't the final product!
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.